N-Europe

Viacom will sue YouTube for $1bn

Whizkid

Whats the worst that could possibly happen though? I highly doubt they'll go bust or anything, just be cracked down for copyrighted material and maybe have to pay out a few million in damages.

Or it might turn into a pay service.

(did a post of mine get deleted, or have i posted it in a completely irrellevant place so it looks like a random post? I could have sworn I posted here earlier...quite funny actually, considering I was learning about false memory today...)

I'm not sure if it is YouTube's fault for all the Viacom-owned content, although YouTube do check all videos that are uploaded onto the website, the videos are uploaded by the general public, who don't know or care about laws such as this. Maybe YouTube don't know which videos violate the copyright laws.

They don't check every video that's placed online - that would be too much work, you'de need one hundred men looking at videos 24/7 to watch them all. YouTuber already made restrictions with it's ten-minute limit to stop people from uploading larger content, like episodes or movies. Most content that is copyrighted or not home-made is longer than 10 minutes. Splitting it into sections saved lives.

P2P is a nice solution, but Limewire has more hits on 'GetLaidSoon', whatever you type as a search, than the searched item. I can't find anything on it - so I'm using YouTube. Anybody has got a good solution for P2P for Mac?

By The Way: Didn't uTube sue Youtube a while ago? I bet they lost, too. They wanted the webaddress of YouTube in trade - youtube.com... That would get them even more bandwith requirement to send all those people to the new YouTube...

Anybody has got a good solution for P2P for Mac?

Try Zeropaid.com, there may be an answer there....

For the paid you tube service suggestion, I cant see it happening.....Google video already took that side of it up. I think they will more than likely just end up being forced to give up names of copyright infringers. (http://newteevee.com/2007/02/13/youtube-gives-24-posters-name-to-fox/)

What really annoys me about copyright bollocks, when a music company comes out and says piracy cost us christ knows how much, how many people that own an illegal copy would still have it if they had to pay for it?

I wonder that too, I think loads of people download stuff for free simply because it's free, especially when it comes to odd songs or singles. If it wasn't avialable for free only a very small proportion would go out and purchase it.