Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

One Album. One Movie. One Book.

Oxigen_Waste

I'll give reasons for mine now:

Book: Prey by Michael Crichton - Michael Crichton is one of my favourite authors (Next is great - if a bit confusing with all the seemingly-unrelated-until-the-end-stuff going on...wonderfully written, tho). A company creates some nano machines, some get loose, and adapt and grow some intelligence (due to the coding that they use). It's well written, and gets you interested in the characters before the main part starts, some great twists, too.

Movie: Serenity - The film to the best TV Show ever. Some lovely effects, great acting, great action/fight scenes, fantastic plot and scripting. Near-perfection.

Album: A Matter of Life and Death - Iron Maiden - By far the Best album of this century. Some people say it isn't as good as the old songs, but I think as a whole, the album is their best. All the songs seem to have personality, and yet are similar enough to feel like an album. Theres no "rubbish" songs either - they are all great.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Book - Animal Farm by George Orwell , read it when I was younger and was completely blown away by it. I don't read so much nowdays (bad I know , but my concentration levels are lacking) so haven't a clue about modern authors.

Movie - Blue Velvet , an early David Lynch movie. I am a huge Lynch fan and this is one of his more cohesive works. The thing that really makes this film for me is Dennis Hoppers legendary performance as drug-addled lunatic Frank Booth , timeless.

Album - 'The Downward Spiral' by Nine Inch Nails , an absolutlely haunting journey into the depths of despair but one album that has helped me through lifes toughest times , and still gets played regularly even 13 years down the line.

Bard, you've actually read all] of paradise lost? Juh-eez.

My top Movie would have to be Waking Life. I guess the Book would be Wizard's First Rule, as I read it all in a day - and it's a big book! If I was to count things like A Scanner Darkly as a book and not a short story, I'd probably have to go with an Asimov short story that I read as a kid... and album.. currently Jimmy Eat World - Clarity. Or Brand New - Deja entendu[/i] or mewithoutYou - Catch For Us The Foxes.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!