NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
stuwii

wii game drought?

There is a drought if you are picky about what you want to purchase, but I'm confident that will soon change with the amount of developer interest that keeps coming.

Problem is from sole interest to a good game (original IP, remake, no port) it takes more than a few months ...

Look at the DS, the Wii is going through the same process and by this time next year I expect 3rd Parties to be releasing a lot of well developed AAA titles!

Problem is from sole interest to a good game (original IP, remake, no port) it takes more than a few months ...

Of course it does, but not in all cases....I suppose it comes down to how simple the devkit is for developers to work with.

If Rockstar manage to stay true to their schedule for Manhunt 2 for instance, that is apparently a summer release and has been built from ground up for the Wii.

From 'interested' announcement to release that should be approx 6 months.

Of course it does, but not in all cases....I suppose it comes down to how simple the devkit is for developers to work with.

If Rockstar manage to stay true to their schedule for Manhunt 2 for instance, that is apparently a summer release and has been built from ground up for the Wii.

From 'interested' announcement to release that should be approx 6 months.

That is what I hope but interest often means that developers already worked for the Wii on a project and got a green light to finally announce it.

SDK and devkits can help but you need the idea, money and a good team aswell - if development starts it takes at least 2 years for a great game in my opinion (also from my experience).

i don't really think there is a wii game drought.

in north america we just got wii play (and you guys just got excite truck) and sonic and the secret rings just came out.

plus don't forget about vc games

That is what I hope but interest often means that developers already worked for the Wii on a project and got a green light to finally announce it.

Thats what i meant...I'm sure there will be plenty of companies with stuff due to hit this year (Probably 3rd/4th quarter)....Especially now they are seeing the cash potential.

All going well, if my prediction is correct, we should have an healthy library of releases before the years out. (By healthy I mean substantially better than the N64 and GC in their first year).

....We will also see a healthy amount of shite as well from the rushed titles.

At the end of the day, its a drought thats driven by the individual player.

I cant class VC (like eMasher) or the existing GC library as a break in the drought myself....its the equivalent of just dragging out one of my older machines, but if it keeps everyone else happy, its all good.

I want some goddamn dates for these AAA games, that might stop my crusade of trying to get a 360.

I really want to know what Ngamer are revealing next issue... I would hope for a new IP, but that's highly optimistic.

It's a StarWars game isn't it? The picture behind was 'Space' (and it' ain't Mario Galaxy) so i was thinking starwars....

OR a Alien game?

Something to do with Space though.... :)

Any idiot can complete Zelda in a couple of days.
Then I am an idiot :cry:

Anyway... It's been, what, 4 months since its release? Even if I were cynical about it, not enough time would've passed to fairly judge if this was a drought.

I have reached a point in my life where I'm staritng to be torn apart by my professional, personal, and hobby life. At this point, I like to play games wich are really really really really worth it. So far the wii has 1,5. Twilight Princess and Wario Ware (if you're into it).

You want an honest opinion?

Fuck Sonic. Fuck Call of Duty. Fuck Red Steel. They may be good, but as I'm more and more torn between games, music and movies, they're just not worth it. Excite Truck seems great, but I haven't played it yet. ^^ Too expensive if it's THAT short.

You want an opinion?

We won't have another REALLY worth while game until Mario Galaxy comes out.

Anyway, it's still too early.

No drought. Sonic and Excite Truck just came out, and are very good games. Get one or both of them. Kororinpa is supposedly fun too, and you might just want to try Super Monkey Ball if you missed it.

Also, SSX Blur and Heatseeker are coming out soon, and look pretty good to me.

Fuck Sonic. Fuck Call of Duty. Fuck Red Steel. They may be good, but as I'm more and more torn between games, music and movies, they're just not worth it. Excite Truck seems great, but I haven't played it yet. ^^ Too expensive if it's THAT short.

I've played well over 24 hours of Excite Truck.....

The drought is over now. There are a lot of third party games coming out in the next few months. Hopefully they will get a lot of sales from the. In terms of first party games, we will just have to wait and see. Some are coming while others we are still unsure about.

There's been this usual post-launch drought for three months exactly, and it ends now. People complaining are just plain nitpicky.

I wish there was a bit more of this "drought." I've not got Excite Truck, nor completed Zelda nor RedSteel fot that matter.

Not to mention other games I wouldnt mind replaying... there arent enough hours in the day for it all like. :hmmm:

i looked it up and it said September here but in an ealier post some one said march/april.

i am just confused.

Yeah, there's a drought. Not in terms of number of games, but in high quality titles. Only Zelda can be considered that so far... But as we know jan/february is low-season. What worries me more is that the only thing worth buying this spring seems to be Super Paper Mario. PS2 ports and party games doesnt quite do it for me... I'm pretty disappointed we won't see the big games like Super Smash Bros, Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 until Q3 at the earliest.

The thing is, with a Nintendo console people think there's a game drought if there isn't a new Nintendo game. Games like SSX and Sonic don't seem to matter to people.

The thing is, with a Nintendo console people think there's a game drought if there isn't a new Nintendo game. Games like SSX and Sonic don't seem to matter to people.

Exactly. Third parties can actually make good games if you give them a chance.

I only have Zelda and Wii Sports at the moment, and to be honest there doesn't seem to be much that I want on the horizon, which is a shame. I wish they'd hurry up with Mario and Metroid!

I agree. Also, if the game isn't a third party exclusive, it gets overlooked. It's so bluddy annoying.

I'm not feeling any drought, to be honest. I'm still after Rayman and RedSteel from launch, and I want Sonic and Wario Ware quite badly. It's all mounting up. :(

I think the Wii is just getting started.

Sign in to follow this