NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Platty

NME Awards

Just heard there are quite a few good bands playing the awards tonight.

Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, Killers, The View, Primal Scream and some suprises. I reckon Noel Gallagher may whack out some tunes.

I have also just heard that Jarvis and Beth from the gossip are gonna team up and do something!!

I'm confused, pretty much all the same bands are up for all the awards. Where are bands like Keane, Bloc Party, Incubus? They've all got new albums out that should qualify for something.

I'm confused, pretty much all the same bands are up for all the awards. Where are bands like Keane, Bloc Party, Incubus? They've all got new albums out that should qualify for something.

Keane and Incubus aren't as good as most of the bands there in my opinion and Bloc party's album has only just come out and they didn't do much last year so they'll be in next years awards no doubt.

Well first of all I believe there is a form you fill in for each category... then they compile the most voted for and make a shortlist. Then from that shortlist they take the 5 most popular for each category and there are your nominations.

The nominations are then supported by different companies... ie best solo artist is voted for by viewers of E4 and Best Dressed is voted for by Topman Shoppers. etc

in other news the awards have started and Jamie T has just won best solo artist.

Well first of all I believe there is a form you fill in for each category... then they compile the most voted for and make a shortlist. Then from that shortlist they take the 5 most popular for each category and there are your nominations.

The nominations are then supported by different companies... ie best solo artist is voted for by viewers of E4 and Best Dressed is voted for by Topman Shoppers. etc

in other news the awards have started and Jamie T has just won best solo artist.

Boo Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly should have won that.

Yes; you're forgetting that these are awards; meaning they're unfairly based on hype, fame, brown nosing and the like.

Oh i see, well that explains why the list is compiled of utter pants.

Oh i see, well that explains why the list is compiled of utter pants.

Says someone who questions why Keane aren't on the list?

Well, what a load of shit those awards have promised to be. As much as I love Kasabian they're certainly no match for Muse's live act.

Ok Kasabian won best live act instead of Muse. Worst awards ever!

Just beat you to it :P

Best Venue:

Brixton Academy

Glasgow Barrowlands

London Astoria

London KOKO

Manchester Apollo<----- LOL DIS 1

That aint even the best in Manchester. In fact, its terrible. And that's one thing I'm sure the Bard would agree on! :heh:

I can't stand NME if I'm honest.

I love kasabian :)

Yep, me too. Great band...but no match for Muse's live act.

Anyway, these awards are apparently decided by the fans, so no doubt whichever band has the biggest myspace friends list will win the awards..

What happened to the Best UK band award?

That aint even the best in Manchester. In fact, its terrible. And that's one thing I'm sure the Bard would agree on! :heh:

Well the London Astoria should win that anyway :)

What happened to the Best UK band award?

Not been given out yet.

Best Int. band is My Chemical Romance :/ and best new band is the Klaxons.

I'd have to agree. (backs down in shame :heh:) Yeah, it's pretty bad, the acoustics are awful, you can't hear anything properly unless you're right at the back.

Well the London Astoria should win that anyway :)

Best Int. band is My Chemical Romance :/

Why is it they only got that award by releasing their worst ever album?

Why is it they only got that award by releasing their worst ever album?

I dunno. I can't stand them myself.

Reading & Leeds just won the best festival of 2006.

I personally think that MCR's new album is miles better than their old one.

Muse have just won best British band :)

and The View - Wasted Little DJ's won best track

Best album goes to Arctic Monkeys.

I'm just wondering, what do bands have to be for these awards? Owned by certain people? Be a particular genre?

I'm just wondering, what do bands have to be for these awards? Owned by certain people? Be a particular genre?

Shit, is the word you're looking for.

I already stated what I think the process is.

All the awards refer to 2006 and first of all I believe there is a form you fill in for each category (in the mag and online throughout the year)... then they compile the most voted for and make a shortlist. Then from that shortlist they take the 5 most popular for each category and there are your nominations.

The nominations are then supported by different companies... ie best solo artist is voted for by viewers of E4 and Best Dressed is voted for by Topman Shoppers, Best new band voted for by Radio one listeners etc

Ah. And as 80%+ of people that read said mag are idiots, it explains why Iron Maiden are not there.

Sign in to follow this