33 members have voted

1. 1. did you think jt was dead in the game today

• yes
    • no

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there a fight during this game as well?

Yea! It was awesome! I know all the pundits say fights ruin the game...but I think they are awesome...as long as no one gets majorly hurt!

They should make John Terry a secret character in Smash Bros. Brawl or Soul Calibur...but then again that would be unfair on the other characters since he is unstoppable! :p

The cause of the fight was Mikel was pulling at one Arsenal's shirt, then t just escalated out of nothing.

Ahh, cheers for clearing that up.

The ref did a pretty decent job at sorting out that mess, even if he did send off Adebayor instead of Eboue.

In my opinion, Eboue, Fabregas and Lampard should have been sent off as well.

Fat Frank should have gone, for sure.

You really don't like him, do you?!

His shot that rattled of the bar was awesome...but then again...it only hit the bar! I don't think Fab and Frank should have been sent off, I think they were trying to sort it out but then just got the wrong idea about what the other was doing! Handbags at dawn, really!:p

You really don't like him, do you?!

His shot that rattled of the bar was awesome...but then again...it only hit the bar! I don't think Fab and Frank should have been sent off, I think they were trying to sort it out but then just got the wrong idea about what the other was doing! Handbags at dawn, really!:p

Well, I can see why they weren't sent off. Three players had already gone, and there were something like 5 minutes left to play.

Well, I can see why they weren't sent off. Three players had already gone, and there were something like 5 minutes left to play.

True

Mikel's second red card of the season...he really need to control his aggression! He is almost worse than Glen 'put my fist through a wall' Johnsen!!

I didn't know how bad the injury was until I saw the highlights on Sunday night, by then he was okay. But then the papers said all this swallowing tongue business, only then did I realise how nasty it was.

I wonder what would've happened had JT actually died? Morbid, I know, but it got me thinking.

I didn't know how bad the injury was until I saw the highlights on Sunday night, by then he was okay. But then the papers said all this swallowing tongue business, only then did I realise how nasty it was.

I wonder what would've happened had JT actually died? Morbid, I know, but it got me thinking.

As much as I don't like some footballers, I wouldn't wish death or any serious injury on them. I don't think there was any malice involved, so it would probably just be treated as an accident.

Guest Stefkov

As I've said before, what about that time the City player just dropped dead on the pitch, his heart just stoppe. He was a healthy man playing football and just dropped dead on the Pitch.

What paper was claiming he was 4 minutes from death?!? If it was one of those red top ones then go figure.

As I've said before, what about that time the City player just dropped dead on the pitch, his heart just stoppe. He was a healthy man playing football and just dropped dead on the Pitch.

I remember that player, but I can't for the life of me remember his name. Was he actually playing in a game for Man City? Or was it in a friendly for his country?

What paper was claiming he was 4 minutes from death?!? If it was one of those red top ones then go figure.

I can believe Terry was 4 mins from death...If no one had helped him and he had just suffocated...:indeed:

It was probably in The Mirror!

Yea, now you say it I did hear the City player. There was also another case in Europe aswell where, I think, the guy also just dropped dead....wierd.

Guest Stefkov
I remember that player, but I can't for the life of me remember his name. Was he actually playing in a game for Man City? Or was it in a friendly for his country?
I can believe Terry was 4 mins from death...If no one had helped him and he had just suffocated...:indeed:

It was probably in The Mirror!

Yea, now you say it I did hear the City player. There was also another case in Europe aswell where, I think, the guy also just dropped dead....wierd.

I think it was this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3026212.stm

I thought he was playing for City when he collapsed.

@ Daft, yeah probably the mirror, some of their stories...

Guest Stefkov

I remember watching the videos. Just watching the bottom of the screen as he was on the opposite side to where the ball was. He was walking then just dropped.

I was shocked. Really was.

Actually, what happens if a player dies because of an accidental foul - as in, what happens to the player who effectively killed him?

Is it manslaughter or are the rules different due to it being a contact sport?

Actually, what happens if a player dies because of an accidental foul - as in, what happens to the player who effectively killed him?

Is it manslaughter or are the rules different due to it being a contact sport?

Well I think it would depend if say Pedro Mendes had died when Ben Thatcher elbowed him in the head, he would have undoubtedly faced charges, but with JT it was much more of an accident, the ball was being played, even if the foot was high.

It is still a grey area though largely, those older members amongest us, may remember Duncan Ferguson when he was playing in scotland actually served a jail sentence for GBH for hitting a fellow player. Police argue that the letter of the law still applies no matter what, but the FA argue that Police involvement isn't required and would interfere with the game.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!