N-Europe

Epic Games: We Beat The Wii!

Nick

Because I think most of you would.

But, here's the thing...... HE HASN'T. : peace:

Personally, I don't care about this kind of thing, but it does annoy me when people start saying "If this was Nintendo you wouldn't be bothered!" But Nintendo wouldn't say it. And that's the point.

People who have a problem with those words are morons.

If he meant those words to put down the Wii he is a moron.

also to people who read those words negatively deep down think the Wii is crap. thats a fact. be it because you are insecure or truely don't enjoy the Wii, thats it. There is no tone in those words its all down to your interpretation.

Yeah they are, but at least they have been given new thought at the very least to a limited extent. That's what we need, and not games that are the same all over again. Somehow I get an anti-creativity vibe from this fellow. He just seems so backwards.

So for example is Metroid Prime 3 not a sequel to Metroid Prime 2?

Did you read my post? It's a sequel, yeah, but at least they've had to put in new thought with the controls and it should give a new feeling to the game. I'm not against sequels (sorry for not making that 100% clear in my first post... :rolleyes:), but I'm against mindless sequels that don't alter a single bit of the gameplay of the previous games, which is what the industry was doing before Nintendo decided to change stuff. It's as if this Epic guy wants that mindless sequel era back so he doesn't have to think anymore and just pimp up his graphics engine.

And how long until all these new thoughts will be overused and new idea´s will be scarce? Maybe pretty long or short until.

Even though the Wii-mote is a new way to play games dosen´t mean that everything that came before is mindless and boring (even tough some was) because some big wig in the console industry said so

Did you read my post? It's a sequel, yeah, but at least they've had to put in new thought with the controls and it should give a new feeling to the game. I'm not against sequels (sorry for not making that 100% clear in my first post... :rolleyes:), but I'm against mindless sequels that don't alter a single bit of the gameplay of the previous games, which is what the industry was doing before Nintendo decided to change stuff. It's as if this Epic guy wants that mindless sequel era back so he doesn't have to think anymore and just pimp up his graphics engine.

Do you honestly believe that?

Nintendo is easily one of the worst offenders when it comes to mindless sequels that idiots will lap up. That's ironic thing about Nintendo fans complaining about EA :D

Mario Bros - Mario Bros 2 - Mario Bros 3 - Mario World= basically the same game repackaged.

Mario 64, Mario Sunshine and Mario Galaxy. Wheres the revolutionary difference?

And don't even get me started on Zelda. Nintendo don't pimp up the graphics. They don't even do that, they just sell the exact same thing again and again.

So come on, prove me wrong. The only difference between Epic and Nintendo is that Epic still creates games worth playing.

So come on, prove me wrong. The only difference between Epic and Nintendo is that Epic still creates games worth playing.

You mean this?

• Unreal
  • Unreal Mission Pack: Return to Na Pali
  • Unreal Tournament
  • Unreal Tournament 2003
  • Unreal II: The Awakening
  • Unreal Tournament 2004
  • Unreal Tournament 2004 DVD Edition
  • Unreal Tournament 2004 Editor's Choice Edition, 2004
  • Unreal Tournament 3

Console games

• Unreal Tournament (Dreamcast)
  • Unreal Tournament (PlayStation 2)
  • Unreal Championship (Xbox)
  • Unreal II: The Awakening (Xbox)
  • Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict (Xbox)
  • Unreal Tournament 3 (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3)

You mean this?

• Unreal
  • Unreal Mission Pack: Return to Na Pali
  • Unreal Tournament
  • Unreal Tournament 2003
  • Unreal II: The Awakening
  • Unreal Tournament 2004
  • Unreal Tournament 2004 DVD Edition
  • Unreal Tournament 2004 Editor's Choice Edition, 2004
  • Unreal Tournament 3

Console games

• Unreal Tournament (Dreamcast)
  • Unreal Tournament (PlayStation 2)
  • Unreal Championship (Xbox)
  • Unreal II: The Awakening (Xbox)
  • Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict (Xbox)
  • Unreal Tournament 3 (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3)

I'm not denying Epic whore out aswell. But to say Nintendo don't is just stupid.

Yes, Nintendo hasn't got a new IP in years, for a software house its size thats a shame. But as a fan I can never deny its sequels, the only reason I stick with Nintendo. Although lately I've been having doubts about Nintendo's plans, I really don't like this casual game crap.

Yes, Nintendo hasn't got a new IP in years, for a software house its size thats a shame. But as a fan I can never deny its sequels, the only reason I stick with Nintendo. Although lately I've been having doubts about Nintendo's plans, I really don't like this casual game crap.

Different things for different people I suppose :)

With my opinion expressed, I leave for pastures new.

Do you honestly believe that?

Nintendo is easily one of the worst offenders when it comes to mindless sequels that idiots will lap up. That's ironic thing about Nintendo fans complaining about EA :D

Mario Bros - Mario Bros 2 - Mario Bros 3 - Mario World= basically the same game repackaged.

Mario 64, Mario Sunshine and Mario Galaxy. Wheres the revolutionary difference?

And don't even get me started on Zelda. Nintendo don't pimp up the graphics. They don't even do that, they just sell the exact same thing again and again.

I'm sorry, I can't find me saying Nintendo is not a sequel addict. Nintendo has designed a machine that counters the problem. Even Nintendo nearly put me off gaming.

I think your comparing of Epic's UT repackaging to Nintendo's top series is ridiculous.

I'm sorry, I can't find me saying Nintendo is not a sequel addict. Nintendo has designed a machine that counters the problem. Even Nintendo nearly put me off gaming.

I think your comparing of Epic's UT repackaging to Nintendo's top series is ridiculous.

you could argue that Nintendo with the Wii has attempted to change this tread,by introducing new ways of playing games, new controls etc... and franchises liked Project Hammer (not a great example) show they are ready to try and create new franchises, but there is no doubt Nintendo have given us sequel after sequel, I think they get away with it though because hardcore Nintendo fans want it, if we didn't get our Mario and Zelda game we would soon be complaining (even though people do still complain when they do arrive but that's another topic)