NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kurtle Squad

I'm getting a 360 soon...Help?

Okay...I know there's been quite a few "I've just got a 360/PS2" threads, but I'm unsure about what the 360 has to offer.

Well, I'm planning on getting the Premium one (for obvious reasons) in a few months, am gonna get Xbox Live (It's part of the reason I want a 360; I already have a gamertag "Kurtle UK") & COD3.

I'm also planning on getting Dead Rising, GOW & Halo 3 (when that comes out) at some point.

I just don't really know what other good games there are; I'm mainly interested in knowing good multiplayer (mainly Live ones, but I do have friends too:heh:) and mainly shoot-em-up types.

Also, what good accessories should I get?.....I'm planning to connect to the net by ethernet (and this'll sound n00by, but you don't need to pass through router security for that do you??).

I'd get CoD2 instead of 3 if I were you, it's so much better.

Other games you should get are Rainbow Six Vegas, PGR3, Viva Pinata,, Virtuia Tennis 3 out in March.

Connecting through a router shouldn't be a problem, and I'd pick up the Vision camera too.

Connecting via ethernet is really easy. You just need to plug in both ends to the router and 360. Thats how my setup is.

If you like shoot em ups, people will moan I go on and on about it, but Gears of War is good for multiplayer fun. Though it is limited to 4 vs 4, its still pretty good. GRAW, the first one is a good game, plus the second one is nearly out.

Yeah...I should've said, I don't really like 'generic' sports games or racers.

Thanks for the ethernet info though, I would do wireless but I've never had much success with my router + the wireless thing's expensive:)

Edit:

I'd get CoD2 instead of 3 if I were you, it's so much better.

How so??

(I was going to get both anyway)

I dont like generic racaers aswell, but I bought PGR3, and its quite good. I love ramming into the cars, even if its not meant to be played like that. Wonder how I'll do on my first driving test.:heh:

the games Gears of war , Saints row i just bought them and a 360 have it for about a week now gears of war is awesome so is Saints row if you liked Grand theft auto then you will love Saints row its 10 times better

now im waiting till halo is out

Yeah...I should've said, I don't really like 'generic' sports games or racers.

Thanks for the ethernet info though, I would do wireless but I've never had much success with my router + the wireless thing's expensive:)

Edit:

How so??

(I was going to get both anyway)

i agree, call of duty 2 is better than 3. I thought the story mode was a lot better, it had no auto-aim for one, and was just generally more fun.

Online, id say call of duty 3 wins in this, as the added tanks make this a lot more fun.

And if your into scary games, id suggest Condemned, its brilliant. First person with limited guns, but lots of weapons :) Cant beat hitting a smackhead acorss the head with a 2x4 with nails :P

And if your into your shooters, Lost planet is decent. Online is very good.

i agree, call of duty 2 is better than 3. I thought the story mode was a lot better, it had no auto-aim for one, and was just generally more fun.

Online, id say call of duty 3 wins in this, as the added tanks make this a lot more fun.

And if your into scary games, id suggest Condemned, its brilliant. First person with limited guns, but lots of weapons :) Cant beat hitting a smackhead acorss the head with a 2x4 with nails :P

And if your into your shooters, Lost planet is decent. Online is very good.

You know you can turn off the auto-aim/sticky aim in COD3. Its in the options somewhere.

I'd say there were more problems with the multiplayer than the single player.

Maps are too big, radar is fucked, no killcam, and the vehicles and the class system make it extremely unbalanced.

They tried adding and improving too many things at once and it back fired on them, it's just not CoD, more like a Battlefield game if you ask me.

I suggest getting GRAW, Gears of War, Viva Pinata, Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Kameo and Rainbow Six:Vegas to name a few.

I'd say get Battlefield 2: MC, for me it's an absolute must-have title!

Then as others have said, Gears of War, Lost Planet etc...

but get Battlefield 2, great game!

Get Tomb Raider for £15! Its really good fun! And Table Tennis, also £15, also really good fun!

I'd say there were more problems with the multiplayer than the single player.

Maps are too big, radar is fucked, no killcam, and the vehicles and the class system make it extremely unbalanced.

They tried adding and improving too many things at once and it back fired on them, it's just not CoD, more like a Battlefield game if you ask me.

I agree about some of the maps being too big; me n my mates only really play Poisson & Eder Damn, as a lot of the other levels are a bit random in layout and such.

Thanks for all the suggestions you lot; I'd forgotten about Condemed Skunky17 :)

Appparently the demo of Hitman gives the wrong impression of the game, but i'm so much more into Splinter Cell...

Is it worth picking up cheap?

Sign in to follow this