NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ant-Shimmin

My 360 broke for the 3rd time yesterday

Thats right 3 times in 12 months, ironically on the day I bought my 1st 360 console, Now I am pissed off with their service and their inability to offer me some sort of compensation, I want some sort of compensation off them, does anyone know how I should go around this?

if its a red light hardware failure, apart from freezes ( at least twice today already), mines fine

if its a red light hardware failure, apart from freezes ( at least twice today already), mines fine

My 1st One was 3 red lights

My 2nd One was 3 Red Lights

This One had a system failure in December since then it has been ok but yesterday it just wouldn't switch on, and then came 3 red lights...

Arghhh

You should get compensation on the third replacement, I did, you will be offered a choice of games and peripherals and can pick two. If they don't automatically offer them make a bit of a fuss, say something along the lines of 'this is the third time this has happened now, how about some sort of compensation for the inconvenience', should do the trick.

My launch console lasted just over a year, luckily I took the extended warranty offer.

I have to say that all these reports of consoles breaking are quite bad, just have a look on the xbox forums.

Maybe I've been lucky in the past as the 360 is the first ever console I've had that has broke down.

I'd expect some kind of compensation, too. A few games at least. It does sound like you've just been really unlucky though, as i've had my 360 a while, and haven't had a single problem! Perhaps Microsoft cursed you.

My launch console lasted just over a year, luckily I took the extended warranty offer.

I have to say that all these reports of consoles breaking are quite bad, just have a look on the xbox forums.

Maybe I've been lucky in the past as the 360 is the first ever console I've had that has broke down.

My Gamecube was the only console I've ever had with a problem. Kept crashing but my replacement has worked ever since. My 360 has had a couple of moments where it's crashed, although that might have been where is froze for a few seconds and I thought it had crashed, because once I actually left it for longer and it came back.

I'd expect some kind of compensation, too. A few games at least.

They only give you two, but you could always do what I did and say only one turned up and get a second copy of one of the games. Handy to put on Ebay.

They only give you two, but you could always do what I did and say only one turned up and get a second copy of one of the games. Handy to put on Ebay.

Haha. Well, Microsoft won't miss the money. Very, very sneaky....i like it!

Haha. Well, Microsoft won't miss the money. Very, very sneaky....i like it!

They also sent me an extra replacement 360, but I kept that, just in case I have anymore problems now the warranty is up.

They also sent me an extra replacement 360, but I kept that, just in case I have anymore problems now the warranty is up.

Are they just stupid? Or did you use your almighty powers of telephone communications.

Are they just stupid? Or did you use your almighty powers of telephone communications.

A bit of both, I convinced them to send me the replacement before I sent back the broken one and then they stupidly sent out another replacement when they got the broken one back.

Give it to me if you're not happy.

I'm keeping it just in case anything goes wrong with the one I'm using.

There's no HDD, power supply, cables or controllers or anything with it anyway.

A bit of both, I convinced them to send me the replacement before I sent back the broken one and then they stupidly sent out another replacement when they got the broken one back.

Well played. If they're to stupid to note that you'd received a replacement you are well entitled to your perks of the misfortune.

I'm keeping it just in case anything goes wrong with the one I'm using.

There's no HDD, power supply, cables or controllers or anything with it anyway.

Wow, so if the one your using now breaks you can get them to send you another one too right? you'll have a spare forever. :hehe:

Wow, so if the one your using now breaks you can get them to send you another one too right? you'll have a spare forever. :hehe:

No, my warranty has expired, my spare is my only back up.

Has anyone not had their 360 break on them? Because if mine did die I would go nuclear!

My 360 just died on Friday, It's out of warranty... How much am I looking at to get it replaced?

It has one red light in the lower right-hand quadrant of the light ring. It was part of the launch batch that MS offered to repair for free but I've heard this applies ot the US only.

My 360 just died on Friday, It's out of warranty... How much am I looking at to get it replaced?

It has one red light in the lower right-hand quadrant of the light ring. It was part of the launch batch that MS offered to repair for free but I've heard this applies ot the US only.

Might be worth giving customer support a call.

Unlucky mate. :(

I've never had any problems like this with my 360, and I've had mine since launch. *Touch wood.*

Thanks, I will do. I was just wondering if you have any idea how much it is likely to cost to get it repaired or will it vary from case to case?

Maybe god is trying to tell you something...

In seriousness though, I've been considering a 360 for a while now, and all these hardware failures put me off. Although I've never had any faulty consoles so I should be fine when the time comes.

Since there are so many problems, the extended warrenty should really come as standard....Bloody Microsoft.

Sign in to follow this