NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dyson

...What the hell, Divineo?!

WHAT THE FLAMING F*CK?

Basically, I placed an order for an M3 Simply + a 1 GB MicroSD from Divineo.co.uk. After watching the site for the week to see if the stock status changes, nothing happens, so I decide to email them to find out if they know anything.

Hello,

I recently placed an order for an M3 Simply + 1gb MicroSD card from your website, but for the past week I have had no information regarding the item and it hasn't yet arrived. I was wondering if you have any idea on how long it'll be until you get stock in? The lack of communication has been getting to me!

For reference, my order number is UK0580030

Many thanks,

Lewis Speller

A very polite letter with a hint of disappointment at the lack of communication. Still, reasonable.

I get a reply about 20 minutes later.

To: Dyson

Subject: me simply

Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:29:57 +0000

The m3 simply is stated on our site as being on pre-order.We should have them next week. When an item is stated as being on pre-order we do not communicate with our customers to say this. However if you have sent an e mail that has not been answered then I do apologise. If you wish to cancel please e mail and your money will be refunded. Best regards. Divineo.

Now, if you check the website it says that they'll have stock in 10 days. Not, in fact, preorder (Which is a seperate stock status altogether). At this point I'm really confused and not sure if the Customer Services guy has made a mistake or if the website is wrong. So I email them back to ask them:

----- Original Message -----

To: Divineo UK Shipping

Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 5:48 PM

Subject: RE: me simply

Actually the marker on the website says "10 days"...is it possible you've made a mistake somewhere?

Still, any contact so I can be aware of stock or whatever would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Lewis Speller

Still not bad right? Unreasonable? I simply want to know if they made a mistake.

I go away and come back a couple of hours later, only to find an email in my inbox from Divineo. I think "Ah, great, I'll finally get to the bottom of this." Naturally, this wasn't the case..

Your order was received on Sunday at 5-56pm. Yes, on our site it does say ten days, and is now only 5 days since you placed your order. As you seem to be quite dissatisfied with our service I have cancelled your order and your money will be refunded. Best regards and apologies for the inconvenience. Divineo.

Wait, wait. I'm asking you questions about the service and you CANCEL my order for it?! Brilliant - Not only do I have to reorder my product but now I also have to queue up on the website from the back of the queue, so to speak. It's possible I won't get it for 3-4 weeks or whatever.

Basically, can they even do this? It's made me as a customer disgusted with their service as not once did I ask them to cancel my order.

Discuss!

Blimey, that was quite unfair. I think if you take that to higher management then whoever cancelled your order can be sacked.

Just looking at the site prevents me from ordering anything from Divineo.

Is there a consumer agency or trading standards office you could email and complain to? That's just bad business practice. If they don't want your business you'll obviously take it somewhere else :p

Deserved I say, especially when you're buying a device to play pirated games.

And yes, this is a c*ntish post.

Deserved I say, especially when you're buying a device to play pirated games.

And yes, this is a c*ntish post.

That post was unhelpfull. As is this one.

Well, he's right to an extent.

It'll teach you to be a pirate!

I recently purchased something similar, and yes, I am pirating games, judge me as you wish and take note that I do not care. However, I took a very long time in deciding where I was going to get mine from, and luckily found a decent site. I did consider Divineo, but given the british site's stock status, and the issues of postage cost and problems from the overseas based sites, I did not order from there.

An (angry) email later:

Subject: Re: me simply

Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:36:41 +0000

I can re-instate your order for you but please bear in mind that your order was and is not late. The ten days quoted on site for delivery from when you placed your order are not up until Feb 5th. However delivery to us is now expected on Monday. Best regards. Divineo.

To which I replied

I am aware of this fact - I think there has been a misunderstanding. I merely wished to know the status - I wasn't complaining at all.

Thanks for reinstating my order.

Thanks,

Lewis Speller

Meh.

Play are annoying me at the moment.

I ordered a phone of them.

A few days later they sent me a message saying that I needed to call them and confirm some details (I checked that the phone number in the email was the same as on play.com's website). I did this, they said it would take a few days.

Today, I called them to ask about what was going on. It turn out that the 2 days is for them to fill in a form and email it to my bank. They then have to wait a few more days to get confirmation.

I just want the damn phone. Screw their security rubbish.

So the page said they would have stock in 10 days, and you wondered where it was after 5? They can't send you the product until they get it in stock.

Sure it was stupid of them to go cancelling it, they probably did that out of annoyance that you didn't wait 10 days.

So the page said they would have stock in 10 days, and you wondered where it was after 5? They can't send you the product until they get it in stock.

Sure it was stupid of them to go cancelling it, they probably did that out of annoyance that you didn't wait 10 days.

No no, I wasn't wondering why it hadn't arrived. I was merely wondering when they'd get their stock in.:wink:

That's the china store, they have like different stores(yes, different online stores, with different stocks), and I assumed that Dyson ordered his from the UK one.

Sign in to follow this