N-Europe

Game Idea: Mega Pokemon Adventure Type?

Gizmo

Remember back to Gold and Silver. After defeating the elite 4 of Johto, you could travel back to Kanto and defeat the 8 gym leaders and elite four of the Blue and Red games. Well, why not put all 4 continents together?

Start off in the Fire Red / Leaf Green kind of area (basically the blue/red area, but with the updated graphics). Once you beat this area you travel over the waterfalls to Johto - beat this area and travel to Hoenn, and on to the D/P area. Pointless? Possibly. But think about it. How much goodness would be pakced into this game? Nostalgia?

Each time you enter a new continent, Team Rocket steal your old Pokemon and your forced to start again with the new Pokemon given to you by the next proffessor. (this needs improved though...possibly the ability to get them back as you go to the previosu regions would help). But in some way, you start up again at a low level. Or perhaps just make all the regions pokemon more appropriate levels, culminating in lvl 100 wild pokemon in D/P? Trainers would be equally scaled.

Breeding and EV trading with this would be huge. Length would be huge. Capturing all the ubers, all the starters? I would get it. Not perfect by any means with the way I have thought it up, but an interesting concept, surely? Put an online battling and trading system on, too.

But this would be too big to fit on a DS Cart, you say. Well, that GBA cart aint there for nothing. If a GBC cart fit two regions, surely DS and GBA combined can take all 4 with graphical updates.

Thoughts?

Its a good idea.

I doubt they'll ever do it though, but yeah it was really cool in Gold being able to catch the train over.

Imagine the hours we'd pile up playing such a game... you didnt mention it but they shuld include Hoenn aswell. Twould be immense!

Ha, they could 3D all the regions up and slap this onto Wii. :yay:

Sorry, I musta read it all to quickly. :red:

Still, I give the concept my backing. I kinda like the idea of Team Rocket being involved in taking your high level Pokemon so you start out weakened again. Maybe it could be that they're waiting at the end of the Pokemon League and Snag em on you?

What you say Gizmo? ie say something to keep your thread alive another day!

Hah, yeah. Nobody else seem's to have liked the idea :)

Team Rocket stealing the Pokemon was my first thought, but then it would mean no going back to the old area's till the very end. It would also mean they were successful for once, which is hardly realistic ;)

The sad thnig is this could never happen, though. It would either a) cost too much to sell, b) hurt the sales of D/P by comingo ut to early, or c) Be outdated before its even released by coming out around the time of the next installment. Perhaps it could be the "Yellow" of D/P?

I also like the 3-D-Wii idea. I would LOVE that, and Nintendo could market it as the real Pokemon RPG everyone hoped XD would be. Classic controller, though :)

Last thought for now - Add in the battle frontier and the island area's from FR/LG. Ooooh, and we never had a game based in the Orange Islands either...

So much ownage.

On another note, the OI thought took me to the photographer from the anime and onto Pokemon Snap - how great would that game be on Wii with Wiimote compatibility and a shedload of new Pokemon?