• Scotland
    • Wales
    • France
    • Italy

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to make enemies or anything but Ireland have been hugely lucky in various games the past couple of years that's seen them win games due to keys decisions going their way, so a reversal of fortunes is only fair.

France lost shape in the third quarter but were overall the better team.

Looking forward to the England game...

• 2 weeks later...
I feel bad for reviving this thread so much - ah well, fuck yis. Who's going to watch the triple dunt tomorrow then? Predictions? I'd go for Scotland, Ireland and France myself.

I'd have to agree with you KoH.

Unless Italy can stifle the Scots, it will be a boring game. Lots of kicking, with few trys.

England will need something very very special to beat a full strength Ireland side. Without Robinson, they are relying on Wilkinson to kick them home. He wont hit touch in Croker that easily, and I reckon the posts might throw him.

France will beat Wales. Wales just don't have the strength or speed to match the French.

O'Gara's been missing a fair few kicks at goal.

Strettle is pure class and will be the fastest player on the pitch. He'll do fine in Robinson's place. Ashton must have confidence in him otherwise he'd have brought in Cueto or Cohen.

Still, without Wilkinson and Robinson it'll be like Ireland playing without O'Driscoll and O'Gara! Not the same side.

Fingers crossed. It'll be a huge ask. Still...

COME ON ENGLAND!!! LET'S MAKE IT TWO IRISH LOSSES OUT OF TWO AT CHOKE PARK.

Heart says England by 5.

Head unfortunately says Ireland by 10.

Great day for Rugby! Couldn't believe my eyes when I was watching the Scotland game. The first 10 minutes were a disaster.

Another shocking feature of today: Wales were actually leading against France! Tries! We scored tries! Two of them...shocking stuff.

Second half is going to start soon. BBC2 is where it's at, people.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm watching the England - France game. Fantastic so far, a few mistakes on both sides but nobody's mucking about here. How that French 10 can keep playing after what happened to his ankle is amazing. Also that little blonde fella's like greased lightening.

The Wales Italy match yesterday was a complete joke. Two big decisions didn't go our way, when they really should have.

Firstly, we had an attack and we inches away from the tryline, and an early tackle came in from the Italians. Don't see how the Referee and others missed it, as it was so blatant. It's right there! We should have scored there, and that ultimately fucked us over.

Secondly, the very last decision of the game. We had a penalty, and had the option to go for the three points, which would have given us a draw, or we could kick it to touch and get a lineout with 10 seconds to go.

Can't remember who it was, but we asked the referee if we had any time left to take the lineout. He said yes. Had he said no, we would have gone for the draw with the last kick of the game. He said yes, and so we played for the lineout. We went over to take the lineout, and he fucking blew his whistle...

Um, excuse me, ref. But, didn't you just tell us we had time to take the lineout?

We should not have lost that game, and I'm very bitter at that.

FUCKING GET IN!!!! Awesome win for England, I'm seriously chuffed for the boys. Great stuff. Loads of positives! Flood, Strettle, Geraghty, Rees, Palmer, White, Payne, Catt.......

Great stuff. Bring on Wales.

Fierce, sorry but Wales were/are awful. Italy fully deserved to win that game yesterday and every Welshman I've run into agrees. Wales had 79 minutes to win the game, they didn't. The forwards took an absolute age to decide what to do and to stroll to their lineout positions at the last second. The clock reached 80 when Hook kicked it. They should have tapped and gone without hesitation anyway.

A draw would have accomplished nothing for them anyway, they'd still be bottom of the table and still the laughing stock.

Yes the ref made a mess of the end (and has apologised), but Italy still deserved their win, as I thought everyone both Welsh and Italian agreed.

FUCKING GET IN!!!! Awesome win for England, I'm seriously chuffed for the boys. Great stuff. Loads of positives! Flood, Strettle, Geraghty, Rees, Palmer, White, Payne, Catt.......

Great stuff. Bring on Wales.

Fierce, sorry but Wales were/are awful. Italy fully deserved to win that game yesterday and every Welshman I've run into agrees. Wales had 79 minutes to win the game, they didn't. The forwards took an absolute age to decide what to do and to stroll to their lineout positions at the last second. The clock reached 80 when Hook kicked it. They should have tapped and gone without hesitation anyway.

A draw would have accomplished nothing for them anyway, they'd still be bottom of the table and still the laughing stock.

Yes the ref made a mess of the end (and has apologised), but Italy still deserved their win, as I thought everyone both Welsh and Italian agreed.

We weren't awful yesterday, no way. Not our best performance, but I do believe we should have got something out of that game. Of course they're going to take a while to decide what to do, as it's virtually the last play of the game. The referee said they had time for the play, so whatever the clock says is not the point. Still, the referee did make a mess of it, and he still got the earlier decision wrong about the early tackle, which would have definitely have got us the try.

It hasn't been a great 6 nations for us, but we did not deserve to lose last week about France, and we didn't deserve to lose yesterday.

I was one of only 4 people to say France would win, but I was loving it today when we beat them into their place! :D

Unfortunately I couldn't watch it, all the pubs were closed for the local derby, and I don't have a TV..

Thanks to England for doing us a big favour today!

If Ireland beat Italy by 5 points more than France beat Wales (or of course if Ireland and Wales both win!!) Ireland will have the Championship!!

Would like to point out Ronan O'Gara's fantastic display yesterday for Ireland only to be choked unconscious by an unnamed Scotland player. Bad form.

Looks like it's going to be an awesome finish next week then. Guess it's down to France and Ireland as well as England with an outside chance, while a victory for any of the bottom three will clearly upset everything. Place your bets now!

Great game for England today. Very impressed how they picked themselves up after the Irish game.

Absolutely.

Young Flood and the former Ireland u16 player Geraghty had a great game.

Catt was very iffy in the centre, his hands seemed covered in butter!

I wouldn't think they will do anything in the World Cup later this year but they redeemed their pitiful reign as World Champions with a good display against a poor French side.

Thanks to England for doing us a big favour today!

If Ireland beat Italy by 5 points more than France beat Wales (or of course if Ireland and Wales both win!!) Ireland will have the Championship!!

Would like to point out Ronan O'Gara's fantastic display yesterday for Ireland only to be choked unconscious by an unnamed Scotland player. Bad form.

Unfortunately playing Italy in Rome is no mean feat. Ireland were pedestrian against Scotland and could quite easily have lost that one... playing Italy will be harder and if Ireland play like they did against the Scots it'll be 3 Azurri wins in a row. Which would of course do England a big favour.

If France play like they did today against the Scots, don't right off an upset their either. Unlikely though.

Absolutely.

Young Flood and the former Ireland u16 player Geraghty had a great game.

Catt was very iffy in the centre, his hands seemed covered in butter!

I wouldn't think they will do anything in the World Cup later this year but they redeemed their pitiful reign as World Champions with a good display against a poor French side.

U16 Irish player? Is that the best you can do? ;) He chose England from age 17 onwards and plays his rugby int he Guinness Premiership.

Catt was ok, the emotions got to him in the first half and that no doubt affected his game.

Flood, Rees, Geraghty, Strettle, Palmer were stand out players.

Payne and White had great games, particularly Julian.

Corry did well in the second row.

Lewsey was pretty bad however.

I don't think Ireland have a) the strength in the depth or b) the forward power to compete much in the World Cup, especially since they're in the same group as the French and Argentinians.

England who knows, probably only QF's but we'll see.

I can't see Italy beating us to be honest (cocky maybe!), they might have the beating of us in the scrum - they are a compact sturdy tight 5 and with Paul O'Connell out they might have the upper hand in the scrum.

But our backs are stupendous. We will run ragged their defence and D'arcy and O'Driscoll in the centre are obviously the best centre pairing in the world at the moment, it will take a lot to stop our backs.

I reckon Ireland will run out winners by 10 points at least,