• Scotland
    • Wales
    • France
    • Italy

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Italy are inconsistent but they've shown flashes of brilliance at times. Plus they're one of the most physical teams in the world, you should never forget that.

Great performance by England although there are bits which need polishing...I was pretty happy though. Very surprised by the Runny Little Turd aka Harry Ellis who had his first game where he actually justified his selection at 9. Still...I'll need more evidence before I accept him. Plus remember that the Scottish back row were pretty depleted (without Jason White and Ali Hogg only just back from injury) which certainly relieved pressure on our half backs. Maybe we could do with some more midfield creativity...I'd like to see Tait at inside, he seems too small for an outside centre tbh. Farrell was ok, nothing special though, I think it's still a bit limted pairing him with Route One Tindall.

Oh, and Jonny...i wouldn't have picked him. Congratulations for proving me wrong. I still think that the story would have been much more unhappy had Jason White been around though.

Wales - Ireland was a good one too. Shame Wales couldn't capitalise on chances but it was nice to see a good, disciplined game (shame the ref was absolutely wank). James Hook looks very promising...and if Stephen Jones has a better game then the Welsh half-back - midfield will be very dangerous indeed. Still, credit to the Irish, looks like their tight 5 manhandled the welsh a bit.

The Italian pack are the most dangerous and the best at scrummaging in the 6 Nations... might get messy next week.

Harry Ellis deserved MOTM, hopefully he can repeat that form on Saturday again.

I like Farrell's passing, and the way he draws defenders in, the only thing I can see being problematic is that he's very slow. Tindall played well and is infinately more suited to outside centre than inside.

Lund and Worsley was excellent.

Wales need to learn to play ugly. Once again they throw the ball about and get everyone on the edge of their seats... yet still lose. Again.

I didn't like the ref in that game at all...he also did nothing to enforce the new scrummaging rules. The reffing in that area has to be consistent (whichever "rules" apply I don't actually mind...)...it was just the complete opposite to the england-scotland ref.

Scotland really need a spark in their midfield. They have a large number of quality SHs but Dan Parks at FH and their centres could do with a bit of fortification (Henderson's not bad, Di Rollo has the dropsies). Their back three are world class...if they can sort out the midfield and their conditioning (so they play for 80 minutes, not 60) and get their captain back, they'll be a considerable force for years to come.

Still, if I could choose to lose against one particular team, it would be the Irish. We were in the pub watching the game, and they're always in good spirits. Winning, losing, whatever, they're always cheerful. If we had lost to the English, we wouldn't hear about anything else for a week, and it's all we'd see on the telly for days. If we beat them, they'd just say "oh, but we're better than you at football."

Grrr.

Ha ha obviously you weren't around in 2005 when Wales beat England.

Talk about going on and on and on about it.

One thing about this that I've noticed... success breeds arrogance, it doesn't matter which team you support. England were arrogant in 2001-03, NZ and Ireland are now, Wales in 2005, France... well, are always... - but it's always tied with how well the team are doing.

Have to agree though, Irish fans are the best.

Still, if I could choose to lose against one particular team, it would be the Irish. We were in the pub watching the game, and they're always in good spirits. Winning, losing, whatever, they're always cheerful.

Nice one, I can only say the same about your crowd - there was a group of about 30 Welsh supporters in the Bot (big bar in Belfast) where we were watching the match, and they were in great spirits among the hundreds of Irish fans, and I got talking to a couple of them in the bogs after the match, shook hands and told them their national anthem was fucking brilliant - they liked that :D

Great game though, to be fair I don't think Ireland wholly deserved the victory this time. And with a potential absense of O' Driscoll and D'Arcy due to injury, France and England may be no walk in the park for us...

I hear D'Arcy (the more on form of the two) should be fine for the weekend, O'Driscoll possibly not.

Still, I don't mind if Ireland underperformed, makes me more optimistic for Ire v Eng :D - and by more optimistic I mean... I now have a shred of optimism.

Ha ha obviously you weren't around in 2005 when Wales beat England.

Talk about going on and on and on about it.

I think it deserved to be shouted about, felt like we were giving them a taste of their own medicine, really. :)

Although, it did get very annoying. But, a small price to pay. ;)

Nice one, I can only say the same about your crowd - there was a group of about 30 Welsh supporters in the Bot (big bar in Belfast) where we were watching the match, and they were in great spirits among the hundreds of Irish fans, and I got talking to a couple of them in the bogs after the match, shook hands and told them their national anthem was fucking brilliant - they liked that :D

Great game though, to be fair I don't think Ireland wholly deserved the victory this time. And with a potential absense of O' Driscoll and D'Arcy due to injury, France and England may be no walk in the park for us...

We were in an Irish pub, so it was obvious we were always going to be outsung. However, there were about 10/15 Welsh fans who were really giving it a right go. :) I had fun. Always love pubbing it when a Rugby match is on.

Better atmosphere than with football eh?

I think whenever either Wales or England beat the other, it's gloated about for a long time by the winning fans. That's the nature of that fixture! This year's one at the end of March is sure to be a cracker!

I think whenever either Wales or England beat the other, it's gloated about for a long time by the winning fans. That's the nature of that fixture! This year's one at the end of March is sure to be a cracker!

Hmm, it's difficult to call on whether there's a better atmosphere or not. If it's between England and Wales in Rugby and in football, then I'd have to say it's got a greater atmosphere in Rugby. But, it does depend on the team and their sets of fans.

Heh, Ireland and England are much worse in my opinion - people last year in Belfast made it out for the England v Ireland match just to make sure they were there if Ireland won! There's still a real tribal rivalry between us and the neighbours across the water. But it's all good fun :hehe:

Well, weekend 2 of the 2007 RBS 6 Nations is upon us.

England host Italy at 13.30 today, with Scotland facing Wales at 15.30 in Murrayfield. But the big game of the weekend is surely Ireland vs France at 15.00 tomorrow, in the GAA fortress of Croke Park. A momentous day in Irish sporting, cultural and social history!

Predictions for the games please?

Here are mine:

England 30 - 17 Italy

Scotland 10 - 38 Wales

Ireland 25 - 20 France

England and Wales will undoubtedly win (sorry fellow Scots and Italians!) but Ireland, I'm not convinced yet. I think the injuries might hinder them, and we all know the French are a powerhouse team. With a massive Irish support in Croke it will probably help them, but they definitely need to be on top form.

England were disappointing, Italian forwards were immense.

Wales are just crap at the moment. Zero tries in two games is inexcusable. So much for fancy exciting Welsh style rugby.

I can see France beating Ireland tomorrow. Foreign stadium, loss of BOD and Stringer is huge.

Can't wait for the game today!!! My brother will be sitting in Croke Park (luckky fecker!) and he promised me he'd ring me at Amhrán na bFiann and let me hear 70,000 + people belting out our national anthem before the first rugby International at Croke Park!

COME ONE IRELAND!!!

(sorry all you frenchies on here..!)

Oh dear, what a way to break Irish hearts.

Ireland were stupid not to take the 3 points when they could have sealed the game. Exciting stuff but Ireland have been over-hyped a few times these past few years around Six Nations time, though I did think this would be their year.