31 members have voted

1. 1. Which country WTF?

• Ireland
    • England
    • Scotland
    • Wales
    • France
    • Italy

We weren't awful yesterday, no way. Not our best performance, but I do believe we should have got something out of that game. Of course they're going to take a while to decide what to do, as it's virtually the last play of the game. The referee said they had time for the play, so whatever the clock says is not the point. Still, the referee did make a mess of it, and he still got the earlier decision wrong about the early tackle, which would have definitely have got us the try.

It hasn't been a great 6 nations for us, but we did not deserve to lose last week about France, and we didn't deserve to lose yesterday.

Sorry, yes you guys were awful, bar a couple of good sets of play that led to tries. You've got no forward pack to speak of. Your front row is non existant. One of your second rows was completely absent. Stephen Jones needs to step down as captain. The whole of the WRU which includes the players are whinging and making excuses. If you can't win a game and be on top in 79 minutes, why would the last 20 seconds make a difference?

James Hook; "How long's left", 79:53

Chris White; "Ten seconds", 79:56

JH; "Can we go for the lineout?" 79:57

CW; "Yeah you if do it now, ten seconds gentleman, there are ten seconds" 79: 58

JH Kicks to touch 80;00

CW Blows up 80:19

Too slow from the Welsh forwards, too ponderous.

4 losses out of 4 is a joke, Gareth Jenkins needs to step down. Wales have come 5th last year, lost to Argentina twice in the summer, couldn't beat a 3rd string Aussie side in the autumn, got thrashed by NZ and now 4 losses in this 6N. The only wins have been against Canada and the Pacific Islanders.

It all leads to Wales being in dire need of something to happen, they didn't deserve to win againt Italy, that's for sure.

I can't see Italy beating us to be honest (cocky maybe!), they might have the beating of us in the scrum - they are a compact sturdy tight 5 and with Paul O'Connell out they might have the upper hand in the scrum.

But our backs are stupendous. We will run ragged their defence and D'arcy and O'Driscoll in the centre are obviously the best centre pairing in the world at the moment, it will take a lot to stop our backs.

I reckon Ireland will run out winners by 10 points at least,

Probably a 10 point win for your guys, but teams who wrote Italy off did it at their own peril. Nothing wrong with being confident but saying you can't see them beating you doesn't give them the credit they deserve.

After all if their forwards dominate, which they probably will... you can kiss posession goodbye.

Who knows, as I said, at Croke Park I'd say Ireland by 30. But in Rome against a team riding on confidence with a fierce pack that has proven to be able to negate back play, it might not be a cake walk for your guys.

Personally, I hope Italy win, but that's just me ;)

Obviously!

Ireland still have a lot to prove. They were talked as being World Cup contenders but their performances in the 6Nations has left an awful lot of uncertainty hanging over them.

They will be out to prove to all the doubters that Ireland are a force to be reckoned with. Italy are riding the crest of a wave at the moment, but all waves crash, and next weekend in Rome will be a train wreck. We can't let Italy think they are contenders for next years championship

I expect possession to be evenly spread, but with Italy backs being a shadow of the Irish backline they won't convert any of theirs into points on the board. With O'Gara in fine form lately and O'Driscoll, D'arcy, Hickie and Horgan all fighting fit, expect line breaks and chip kicks to rival any All-black team.

A cake walk - maybe not. A reality check for Italy - definitely. A warning to Argentina and France - without a doubt.

(Oh and thanks to England today - twas the first time I have ever cheered [quite vocally too..:o ] for an England team of any shape or form!)

Agree with everything you just said but I don't think you give their backs enough credit as at the slightest hint of a chance they'll no doubt take it well.

Horgan is awesome but he was off colour against Scotland (as were the rest of the team). Can't wait for next weekend that's for sure :)

Oh and thanks for the support ;)

Well, young Geraghty is Irish after all :p

It's a Grand Slam finish for a quite interesting Championship!

I'll quote another forum:

Ireland have been very odd in this tournament. At the beginning, I thought they'd do really well, yet they've had some shaky games. They weren't impressive against Wales, yet France only just beat them. They were a class apart against England and rightly battered the living daylights out of England, then they only beat Scotland by one point.

Most peculiar.

And that's just Ireland's tournament!

I love how Ireland thumped England who beat France who squeezed Ireland!

Only in the 6 Nations!

Rugby is wank.

Now, said that a few months back to me, I would have agreed. But since starting uni I;m really starting to get into Union. I've watched a few six nations games and once you get your head round the rules its a pretty good game. Quite a few of my friends play it, and I;m thinking I might try to next year (we're only a small med school, anyone who wants to play can :heh:). But anyway, point of this post: yeah, I'm quite liking Union now...

Well, young Geraghty is Irish after all :p

Is he? I'm pretty sure one of his parents is English... hmmmm ;)

EDIT: Oh wait, both his parents are from Dublin but he was born and bred in England. Anyway let's not argue over his nationality eh

I love how Ireland thumped England who beat France who squeezed Ireland!

Only in the 6 Nations!

Pretty cool eh.

Is he? I'm pretty sure one of his parents is English... hmmmm ;)

EDIT: Oh wait, both his parents are from Dublin but he was born and bred in England. Anyway let's not argue over his nationality eh

Indeed! Although I do believe he played fo us at u16's!

Here's a question, if you could pick 2 English players to have in your team who would they be?

Irish players I'd want...

O'Drisoll, duh.

D'Arcy.

Horgan maybe but I think we're ok in the back 3, possibly O'Connell.

(this is where you say you'd have none! lol - wouldn't blame you)

Well, If I had to choose two :p

Strettle - has had 2 great games for you

and the other would be Wilkinson - he just doesn't miss and can kick to touch every time.

Big dillemma for us who to pick next week, Flood, Geraghty or Wilko assuming they're all fit. I'd go for the same as today, Flood to start and Shane as an impact player off the bench to mix it up a bit.

Oh and you can have Tindall, I'll give you him ;) as long as you don't try unloading John Hayes on us lol.

I still find it hard to believe Geraghty is an impact player after only 20 mins of international rugby. He brings a youthful enthusiasm to a very jaded side, but to call him an impact player? Nah...!

I'd start Wilkinson (if he's fit). There's no doubt he is the best place-kicker in the world. Regardless of how well Flood or Geraghty did in one match they do not deserve to deny Wikinson his place.

I'd also take Hayes over Tindall any day :p

Ok shouldn't have called him an impact player... I should have said... I think he can add a big impact to a game, hopefully I'm right but we'll see.

I think the point is we all know what Wilkinson can do. Pointless playing him and leaving back up fly halves (which we'll need WC time) in the cold. Flood and Geraghty need the experience. Plus for continuity sake etc... I wouldn't be surprised if Eddie O'Sullivan gives that young talent Paddy Wallace I think his name is a run of games pre-wc. If O'gara gets crocked before then what'd you do without a proper back up? Same as us and Wilko.

Hayes over Tindall? Hmmmmm... dunno about that. lol

Actually no, you can have Farrell as well. What a joke that was.

Bring on the young fella's if you are winning and comfortably in charge of a game, but let Wilko start. He is magic. No need to leave him on the bench just because he guarantees you 3 points every penalty.

Ah well you make a good point. In any case, a nice smiling week to come for both of us. Until Sunday for us no doubt.

France have the dubious honour of being able to watch Ireland play Italy and they will know then, whether the championship is theirs.

Ireland have to win by 5 points more than France in order to be champions, and of course England would need to win by more than 30 points more than either Ireland or France.

It all comes down to points difference, and is going to be one hell of a thrilling Saturday afternoon's rugby!

If Ireland and France win their games, our lot have no chance. We may have beaten Wales by 35 points last year, but that was at Twickers.

Still, the championship won't be decided until after our game. Bit of a let down trophy presentation wise if either Ireland or France get it though.

Ruggers on again. Italy still doing remarkably well. C'mon you bluuuuees!

Ruggers on again. Italy still doing remarkably well. C'mon you bluuuuees!

:D

I'm shouting for the blue of Scotland in the second game though!!!

Right, that went well for Italy didn't it?

Whup, looks like Scotland just took it for the Irish. Hopefully Scotland can do as much damage as possible to the French lead. Go on you blues! Again!

EDIT: Whoa! France take it with the last play! Superbly, unbelievably tense stuff. Now all England need to do is beat Wales by... 57 points... yeah.

Ok 8mins in for the final match of the championship. What kind of crazy, drugged-up wonder team have they found, and why didn't Wales field them earlier?

Yes.

YEEEEES!!!!!

F&^&_^&&_^ COME ON WALES!!!!

Sorry..but...wow. :D Come on! We haven't had much to shout about this year, but if we win this, wooooo.

Wowee, England straight back in there. Fantastic try. Good thing they remembered they were supposed to be playing rugby before things got too out of hand.

Wait for it. Waaaaiiiit.

YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

:D

God, Shane Williams was awful today, couldn't even pass the bluddy ball. Hook was excellent though, and he won us the game. England fell to pieces as soon as Catt went off, and then I thought "hmm,maybe just maybe."

YES! :)

Sign in to follow this