31 members have voted

1. 1. Which country WTF?

• Ireland
    • England
    • Scotland
    • Wales
    • France
    • Italy

I'm not a big rugby fan, but I do go out to watch every Ireland match during the Six Nations - loyal to the country :D so I'll let the big rugby men and women on the board take over for the real discussions about it. Anyone else looking forward to it? What country is everyone going for?

EDIT: Official fixtures

SIX NATIONS 2007 OFFICIAL FIXTURES

All times are GMT

Saturday 3 February

Italy v France @ 13.30 (Result 3-39)

England v Scotland @ 16.00 (Result 42-20)

Sunday 4 February

Wales v Ireland @ 15.00 (Result 9-19)

Saturday 10 February

England v Italy @ 13.30 (Result 20-7)

Scotland v Wales @ 15.30 (Result 21-9)

Sunday 11 February

Ireland v France @ 15.00 (Result 20-17)

Saturday 24 February

Scotland v Italy @ 15.00 (Result 17-37)

Ireland v England @ 17.30 (Result 43-13)

France v Wales @ 20.00 (Result 32-21)

Saturday 10 March

Scotland v Ireland @ 13.30

Italy v Wales @ 15.30

Sunday 11 March

England v France @ 15.00

Saturday 17 March (St Patrick's Day)

Italy v Ireland @ 13.30

France v Scotland @ 15.30

Wales v England @ 17.30

I'm not a massive rugby fan either. However, I will be watching as many of Wales' matches as I can.

Cmaaan.

Any local boys in the Ireland team or are they all still frozen out?

Humphries is the best, but doesnt seem to play. I dont really follow rugby at all by the way, I dont think Ill vote.

Chances we actually win anything this year are pretty low..

If Ireland want to put in a credible attempt for the World Cup in France we would want to at least win the 6 Nations.

Our 2 big games at home this year are against France and England, and this year they will be played in the midst of a magnificent stadium with 80,000 fans behind them :)

Our biggest threat this season will be Wales away from home. I reckon that Fortress Croke Park will become the 16th man against France (arguably our fiercest opposition), and indeed the France game will be a early indicator of the World Cup. With both France and Argentina in Ireland's group and (most likely) New Zealand awaiting the 2nd placed team in the group Ireland have to perform in the 6 Nations and keep the momentum going through the summer to the World Cup.

Edit: Who voted for Italy :p

Dude, where are the Dutchies?

O wait.

You Brits are weird. And so are the Italians, and French too. And the Irish are too. Unless Ireland means Northern Ireland, then that would be included with the weird Brits.

RUGBY RULES!!!!!!

i think it'll be between Wales and Ireland this year. I never know which team to support because my family is half Irish, half Welsh and i'm English. Though usually i support Ireland.

Saturday 3rd February 2007

13:30 GMT Italy vs France Stadio Flaminio

16:00 GMT England vs Scotland Twickenham

Sunday 4th February 2007

15:00 GMT Wales vs Ireland Millennium Stadium

Can't wait for the Wales vs Ireland one like most peopld :D

Two votes for Wales?!

Come on, guys! One of those votes is mine, whose is the other one?

Two votes for Wales?!

Come on, guys! One of those votes is mine, whose is the other one?

mine *blushes* I love welsh rugby and Gavin Henson *blushes more*

I presume the English votes are from the English people here, but honestly, who believes they can win it? They are a shambles of a team. They have imploded since winning the last world cup and are only a shadow of their former selves.

Dude, where are the Dutchies?

O wait.

You Brits are weird. And so are the Italians, and French too. And the Irish are too. Unless Ireland means Northern Ireland, then that would be included with the weird Brits.

Never include us with the weird Brits :grin: it's an all-Ireland rugby team, no daft borders!

I can't wait for Ireland v England in Croke Park -- God Save The Queen played at Croke is gona be very controversial!!

6 Nations time already?!

Well at least im not at uni for this one, Aberystwyth becomes a violent place when England vs Wales is on!

Never include us with the weird Brits :grin: it's an all-Ireland rugby team, no daft borders!

I can't wait for Ireland v England in Croke Park -- God Save The Queen played at Croke is gona be very controversial!!

Yeah I was just thinking that today, bet the old fogey GAA management just love that fact!

What the hell? 5 votes for Wales? Have the entire population of Wales congregated here and voted in this poll?

Yeah! We can do eet this year. Just you watch.

Yeah I was just thinking that today, bet the old fogey GAA management just love that fact!

As republican as I am, I think that it's about time we heard God Save The Queen in Croke Park.

I mean, it's 90 odd years since our civil war and we've been an independent state for the majority of the last century, can't we get over this petty fuck the English stuff, (not looking at you two in particular btw) and look forward to the mighty Ireland team destroy a pitiful England one :D

Haha I know what you mean conzer, it doesn't bother me in the slightest that the English anthem will be played, I just find it hilarious to think about how pissed off the GAA are probably getting over it :D

Haha I know what you mean conzer, it doesn't bother me in the slightest that the English anthem will be played, I just find it hilarious to think about how pissed off the GAA are probably getting over it :D

They could have easily said no to foreign games being played in Croke Park, but they didn't. I think that shows how far the GAA have come, that they are willing to put all the bigotry behind them.

Well done to the GAA. Now let's hope they open up Croke Park for 2008 for international friendlies :)

(Also, Ireland nearly drew England for Euro2008, I think the GAA would have had to seriously reconsider opening it up after the events of 1995 if we indeed had.)

You know, I'm not that opposed to the English anthem being played in Croke, ok, a lot of Irish people will never forget the Auxiliaries and all that, that'll always be a sore point, just like every other nation has sore points. For anyone not aware of what happened:

Wikipedia reference-linkhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croke_Park

On November 21, 1920 Croke Park was the scene of a massacre by the Auxiliary Division. British police auxiliaries entered the ground, shooting indiscriminately into the crowd killing 13 during a Dublin-Tipperary football match. The dead included 12 spectators and one player, Michael Hogan.

But that asides, it was a long time ago and I think the GAA could do with loosening the collar a bit in this day and age - so fair play to them.

Sign in to follow this