NEurope
Scorp

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

No, April 27.

I guess we'll se the first online games in Q3. Mario Strikers Charged will probably be one of the first games.

Yeah the controls look fantastic!! Take note Ubisoft!!

Just shows there doesn't have to be any worry about fighting games on the Wii!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl could work great with those sort of controls aswell; then like MK, also support the Classic and Gamecube controllers!

wow controls look well good! never been a big MK fan though. tbh i've always preferred my Street fighter!

HADOUKEN!

I guess we'll se the first online games in Q3. Mario Strikers Charged will probably be one of the first games.

Reggie said that we would see first online games in Q2. Quite logical, as Mario Strikers Charged and Battalion Wars II are perfect fodder for spring season.

the controls look interesting. i never did like previous mk games because controls were a bit naff. and pulling off fatalities were a bit hit and miss.

anyways i am quite interested

After hearing the rumour of online play being quashed, my interest for this somewhat disappeared.

However, the control scheme looks great, imo. Hmm, maybe, just maybe. I had deadly alliance on the cube and loved it.

The topic need to be change into "Mortal Kombat: Armageddon" because it not online.

Just watched the video of Ed Boon using the Wiimote for the game and it looks fantastic.

Here is what was said about it on CVG...

Of all the game genres that seemed scarily incompatible with the Wii Remote, fighting games were the most concerning. But Mortal Kombat Armageddon on Wii looks set to prove fighting games can be revolutionised by Wii.

Edward Boon, a co-creator of the Mortal Kombat series, demonstrates in a released video how the game will use the Wii controller to convert movements into fighting attacks, and it looks brilliant.

As Boon explains: "The most exciting aspect of this [game] is performing super moves and Fatalities using motions on the Wii Remote. The traditional joypad and button combinations have been replaced with simple swing motions on the Wii Remote making them easier to perform than ever before. So easy, in fact, that ever your grandmother will be throwing spears, teleporting and doing Fatalities on you."

While we remain confident that no manner of control system would make our grandmothers able to whoop our ass at any game, let alone Mortal Kombat, we were impressed with the demonstration.

Playing as Scorpion, Boon throws a spear simply by flicking his arm forward, and does a back-flip kick by moving the Remote in an easy circle. If it proves to be that seemless during hectic bouts, this could be the best MK game yet.

Im quite interested in this title now.

had deadly alliance on the cube and loved it.

And yet that was the worst mk ever.mortal kombat 4 was the last good one.This one i have mixed feelings about

And yet that was the worst mk ever.mortal kombat 4 was the last good one.This one i have mixed feelings about

I thought deadly alliance was pretty great. I had the cube version, and the only problem I had with it was the fact that it used the d-pad rather than analogue stick. Apart from that, really enjoyed the game, and I'm not THAT keen on fighters. :)

Could Nintendo not have finished the online mode a long time ago? I like to think so.

They've had a console generation where they 'told' us we didn't want online so you would have thought so.

This actually looks quite good, so I'm going to get this and SSX Blur next.

if these controls work and are not broken like monkey ball then they will be great. it's a brilliant idea and it will work i think

Its great that that whole combo button pressing crap is out. Really off-puting on the earlier versions.

Its great that that whole combo button pressing crap is out. Really off-puting on the earlier versions.

Only special moves are behind motions. Combos are done by morse coding with buttons. :)

What's with that screen of somebody driving a car? It looks out of place here.

It is kart racing minigame called Motor Kombat. In reality, it is quite bad game, but Boon added it there mainly as a joke. :)

It is kart racing minigame called Motor Kombat. In reality, it is quite bad game, but Boon added it there mainly as a joke. :)

I read somewhere that the kart racing is supposedly very funny, partially thanks to the motion controls.

The controls in this game look fucking sweet. I hope other devs release a beat 'em up with controls similar to this.

The controls in this game look fucking sweet. I hope other devs release a beat 'em up with controls similar to this.

DOA or Virtua fighter could benefit from this system greatly.