Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mac Thread

Charlie

Even so, if you really believe that macs are so good - why did you get Applecare in the first place?

why do you buy an extended waranty on anything.

plus you get tech tool free with it.

think before you post next time

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he may have got a bit too carried away thinking i tripped up in my 'fanaticism' and that i love apple more than Nintendo :bowdown: All Hail The Big N

Still seems a bit of a waste to me. Surely there's nothing that can't be fixed with a screwdriver, a soldering iron and a bottle of gin? :D

Indeed, but then the man in me crys "lets someone else ba-loody do it for ya" and i'm like, hmmm okay then . . .

You don't get it. If you keep in mind my previous remarks towards Takeo's fanboyism and Apple-praise, this was just a damned ironic return. But if you insist on being so serious and telling people to think even do you apparantly didn't yourself (hence, you would have seen the irony).

Why do my apps keep dissapearing? I've installed stuff like MSN and after I shut down and try to find it again, nowhere. What the frak?

Is it because they appear as devices (or something like that) on my desktop and thus I delete them because I want it clear? If so hows best to get them off the desktop but not all together.

;454524]Why do my apps keep dissapearing? I've installed stuff like MSN and after I shut down and try to find it again' date=' nowhere. What the frak?

Is it because they appear as devices (or something like that) on my desktop and thus I delete them because I want it clear? If so hows best to get them off the desktop but not all together.[/quote']

Copy them to your applications folder before running them, please! That's number one rule of the Mac if you're running application - try to get it to your applications folder first - then it shouldn't disappear anymore. Those mountable disk you can delete are just carriers for the application, not the applecation itself.

I have no clue what you said [Girl's Name] but i know it doesn't happen to me, my friend had some probs with MSN stuff appearing on his desktop, and after he uninstalled and reinstalled it it worked fine. Sorry i'm no help.

Copy them to your applications folder before running them, please! That's number one rule of the Mac if you're running application - try to get it to your applications folder first - then it shouldn't disappear anymore. Those mountable disk you can delete are just carriers for the application, not the applecation itself.

Aaaaah! I thought my friend was smart enough to get into that habit, as he had a mac for a few weeks before. Mystery Solved ^_^

Decided to buy Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 (from the limited selection we have at work). All was well and good until rotating the camera; hold down the two mouse buttons. Although thinking about it now, could I have clicked the touchpad button and held down control?

;456043]Decided to buy Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 (from the limited selection we have at work). All was well and good until rotating the camera; hold down the two mouse buttons. Although thinking about it now' date=' could I have clicked the touchpad button and held down control?[/quote']

I'm really glad i have my bluetooth mouse, i do game a fair bit on my computer now. I've rediscovered Starcraft, Warcraft III and i might even play some Diablo II for the first time soon. So the £42.50 for my apple wireless mighty mooooose was worth it for me.

i don't bother with the wireless stuff

i use a wired logitech mouse (pretty cheap)

i have 2 external hds connected to a usb 2.0 hub

and even though i have wireless internet acess when i'm at my desk i use the cable because its faster

Acting like a fanny is what being a Mac owner is all about. If you're not going to act like a fanny, you might as well just get a PC.

Haha I know this is like 3 pages back and ages old but QFT!!!

I'm not trying to start any arguments by the way.

I'm turning to mac now as soon as the rumoured new macbook pros are announced early june.

Can. not. wait!!

...cannot afford it either but what harm's eating into my overdraft a little bit more gonna do? :)

i don't bother with the wireless stuff

Me neither, when I can avoid it. I have a wireless Apple mouse (non-Mighty :(), and it's laggy as fuck. It's good for portability ie. I can take it to the library and not have cables running across the desk, but other than that it's shite.

There are odds for one more thing. But since they've recently bumped up their line of MacBooks, I wouldn't say I'm sure they'll do another. One the other hand, if they do go multi-touch screen it could well be worth the wait, althhough direct avaibility is out of the question...

There are odds for one more thing. But since they've recently bumped up their line of MacBooks, I wouldn't say I'm sure they'll do another. One the other hand, if they do go multi-touch screen it could well be worth the wait, althhough direct avaibility is out of the question...

Exactly. If they DO introduce a touchscreen laptop/tablet it'll be of similar spec to a macbook pro-and probs pretty expensive at first. They've just done up the macbook, so just get one if its what you want/need. or else you could end up waiting forever cos of rumors.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6703249.stm

^ lol Mutli-touch on a Microsoft Table-funny.

Exactly. If they DO introduce a touchscreen laptop/tablet it'll be of similar spec to a macbook pro-and probs pretty expensive at first. They've just done up the macbook, so just get one if its what you want/need. or else you could end up waiting forever cos of rumors.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6703249.stm

^ lol Mutli-touch on a Microsoft Table-funny.

No, that's the wrong idea. If Apple announces a new line of MacBooks with touchscreens it wil be a seperate line. If they do upgrade the MacBooks with this feature, the price will remain the same/vary with €50 at most. It's just the avaibility - it will not be immediatly out there (like when they announced the iPhone)...

Right, Mac people. Can you help me out here?

I don't know much about RAM, but what I do know is that my shiny new copy of CS3 arrived today and it won't run on my Mac due to a lack of RAM. I've been on Crucial because they have this thing where it tells you what sort of RAM you need for your specific computer, but they're being silly and saying they won't ship to my uni address. So I thought I'd look at alternatives. Thing is though, I'm lost as to what type of RAM I actually need. The thing on Crucial said I need '512MB DDR PC2700 • CL=2.5 • UNBUFFERED • NON-ECC • DDR333 • 2.5V • 64Meg x 64' but I have no idea what that means. Is this what I should be looking for? Is it a specific type or will any old RAM do? I'm confused. :wtf:

-----------------

Oh and this is the future of computing guys! Trust me!

kPac-Man.jpg

:rolleyes:

No, that's the wrong idea. If Apple announces a new line of MacBooks with touchscreens it wil be a seperate line. If they do upgrade the MacBooks with this feature, the price will remain the same/vary with €50 at most. It's just the avaibility - it will not be immediatly out there (like when they announced the iPhone)...

My point mostly was that they wouldn't make the first models specs comparable to the MacBook but the MacBook Pro.

Microsoft: Now We Will Fuck Up Your Coffee Table

Right, Mac people. Can you help me out here?

I don't know much about RAM, but what I do know is that my shiny new copy of CS3 arrived today and it won't run on my Mac due to a lack of RAM. I've been on Crucial because they have this thing where it tells you what sort of RAM you need for your specific computer, but they're being silly and saying they won't ship to my uni address. So I thought I'd look at alternatives. Thing is though, I'm lost as to what type of RAM I actually need. The thing on Crucial said I need '512MB DDR PC2700 • CL=2.5 • UNBUFFERED • NON-ECC • DDR333 • 2.5V • 64Meg x 64' but I have no idea what that means. Is this what I should be looking for? Is it a specific type or will any old RAM do? I'm confused. :wtf:

acording to adobe you need 1 gigabyte of ram

acording to adobe you need 1 gigabyte of ram

Yeah but I already have 512MB. Now, I was never any good at maths, but by my reckoning 512 + 512 = 1024 = 1GB. Now I had a play today and it actually let me install it, just gave me a message recommending I upgrade my RAM. I'm probably going to do it anyway like, I've been meaning to for a while. So will any old PC2700 RAM work then, or is there anything specific I should be looking for? And where can I get it cheap?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!