Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mac Thread

Charlie

Jasper is a ledge. FACT.

Compliment or offense? I have no clue, since I'm not really willing to take Ledge for legend or just 'annoying thing', since I have no clue about english abriviations (and certainly not the real popular ones, I'm not in the English youth (dutch, dutch, dutch..)). But I'll take it as a compliment nonetheless.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I remove stuff from the Dashboard, and how do I go about changing my city as it seems to think I live in Cardiff, Atlanta (guessing thats the state as it says AL...dunno if Atlanta is even a state though but whatever)

;451948]How do I remove stuff from the Dashboard' date=' and how do I go about changing my city as it seems to think I live in Cardiff, Atlanta (guessing thats the state as it says AL...dunno if Atlanta is even a state though but whatever)[/quote']

press the little + button in the bottom left of the dashboard to edit what widgets you have open. if you hover over a widget you'll see a little i icon, click on it and it'll flip round so you can edit its settings.

Hey guys/gals,

Just needed some adive from you peeps, i've decided to get a macbook for me college in the next month or so, I decided to get it early because I wana get used to the whole mac thing and using photoshop etc on it.

Right i'll get to the point. I was just wondering if anyone has had experiance with Apple's Financial Services thingy? I dont think I would able to save or wait until September so I thought this would be the best for me?

Thanks guys :)

If I close my Macbook while its doing stuff (ie download stuff) does it cancel the programs or will it carry on downloading?

Also, how do I shut it down. Do I just press the power button. I feel like I shouldn't...

go to the apple menu there you have the options of sleep restart and shutdown.

edit: darn fields beat me to it

you can also hold down the power button until it turns off (that won't do anything)

if you close the lid it will go to sleep and stop doing whatever its doing but when you open it up agian it will continue most things (asuming your still connected to the net.

I very rarely turn mine off. I just put it to sleep each night - you grow used to the white light fading off and on after a while. :heh:

The first night I put a jumper over it, and the second it was in its case. I'm a very tempermental sleeper. Everything has to be quiet and dark, which is a bitch in the summer.

I just make sure my chair is in the way of it now.

Me too actually lol I've never turned my mac off in the 6 weeks i've had it, just shut the lid or let it go into sleep if i fall asleep during a podcast at night. I've recently take to dozing off while listening to endless nattering-rather fun!

http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/05/25/no.myspace.in.apple.stores/

^^^ Thank Fuck!

i don't even put mine to sleep as i back it up and even if i did i don't keep it in my bedroom anyway.

there's no pointing turning it off though (unless energy bills are alot higher in Europe than they are in Canada)

and if you have it plugged in you don't even need to put it to sleep.

Seriously, no one knows anything about this 3 beep thing i keep hearing from my macbook pro?

it's starting to annoy me!

Takeo , have you installed any extra RAM as the most common cause of the three beeps seems to be dodgy RAM (after googling 3 beeps on macbook). I suppose it's also possible that the factory installed RAM could also be problematic.

Assuming you haven't contacted Applecare about this problem , it may be worth hearing their opinion.

Takeo , have you installed any extra RAM as the most common cause of the three beeps seems to be dodgy RAM (after googling 3 beeps on macbook). I suppose it's also possible that the factory installed RAM could also be problematic.

Assuming you haven't contacted Applecare about this problem , it may be worth hearing their opinion.

I've been tempted to. The ram is the pre-installed 1gig stick and i'm experiencing no problems with the system as a whole or anything, it hasn't made the beeps today so as soon as it does again i'll have to call them. thanks!

I've been tempted to. The ram is the pre-installed 1gig stick and i'm experiencing no problems with the system as a whole or anything, it hasn't made the beeps today so as soon as it does again i'll have to call them. thanks!

Yeah, if you're silly enough to pay for Apple Care you should deffo use it. Get yer moneys worth like.

Even so, if you really believe that macs are so good - why did you get Applecare in the first place?

For ease and piece of mind for when i'm in Japan, if anything should ever screw up, i could just take it to the genius bar and get it all sorted. plus at £50 for 2 years extra manufacturers warranty and over 2 and a half years of phone support. That's worth it on any expensive hardware, especially something that cost me over a grand and is the reason why i'm living off rice, ramen, and anything else i can find in my cupboards.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!