NEurope
Charlie

Mac Thread

new lepord stuff

- Ea promise more mac games

- new transparent menue bar

- new stacks in dock for maximum organization

- new app called cover flow allows you to search other computers you own even not on you're local network (.mac only)

- new finder window

source: engadget

The new Finder looks wonderful. So does Stacks. And Quick Look. And everything looks beautiful etc.

There's not even been a mention of iLife... I'm sure I saw this keynote last year... I'm actually rather riled!

no iLife, no new .mac, or iMac, or much of all else.

Best thing was Leopard, can't wait to get that beast home in october and drool.

C&C 3 in july FTW :D

Except for the neatiest finder - ever - no big revelations. I do like everything they said and I'll be post-ponning my buy of a new mac untill they ship Leopard on all Macs. Wich means I'll be getting it in December or something. Looking forward to it!

Also, wonder how safari will work on Windows... But I doubt they'll really increase marketshare. The cards in the music business were different when Apple launched iTunes and they had a huge advantage over all the rest back then, but Safari isn't really a necessary switch, I guess. We'll see how it works out.

Except for the neatiest finder - ever - no big revelations. I do like everything they said and I'll be post-ponning my buy of a new mac untill they ship Leopard on all Macs. Wich means I'll be getting it in December or something. Looking forward to it!

Also, wonder how safari will work on Windows... But I doubt they'll really increase marketshare. The cards in the music business were different when Apple launched iTunes and they had a huge advantage over all the rest back then, but Safari isn't really a necessary switch, I guess. We'll see how it works out.

It is. i mean people only switched to opera and firefox cos they found out it was a lot faster than IE and now Safari is trumping even these browsers.

But Quicktime isn't well known for its speed on Windows.

Didn't say it was . . . speed isn't something that springs to mind when i think of a video player, a good browser must be able to display most content and be damn fast.

- new app called cover flow allows you to search other computers you own even not on you're local network (.mac only)

Cover Flow ain't an app, it's a way of viewing inside Finder. And Finder can do the thing you described over there.

I can't help but want to get my hand on Leopard nonetheless. If I'm lucky a pal of mine gets hold of it before you can say 'cheetah!'.

With all the OMG SAFARI WINDOWS going on, I'm just pointing out that Safari 3 Beta is also out for OS X. So far I've noticed you can move the tabs around finally, there's a spell checker when you input text and, it could be all in the mind, but it does seem faster.

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

With all the OMG SAFARI WINDOWS going on, I'm just pointing out that Safari 3 Beta is also out for OS X. So far I've noticed you can move the tabs around finally, there's a spell checker when you input text and, it could be all in the mind, but it does seem faster.

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

Indeed it does, only thing that pissed me off with the beta install is that you had to restart the computer.

*sigh*

Still it does seem to be faster at nipping about the sites.

Give it til either late tonight or tomorrow morning. And expect the video to be buffering up to frick as soon as it goes up.

Okay is there a video anywhere of this...

yeah full video on the US apple site, eventually, lots of smaller one are up though now.

Well I think Leopard looks really cool, and I can't wait for it. I especially like the new dock and the fact that all windows are the same now instead of each one having a different style.

The only thing about Safari that annoyed the crap out of me... finally it asks you whether you meant to close a window with multiple tabs. There is a God.

Good keynote. Software is more exciting than hardware, I think. Spaces, Time Machine, Quick Look, Stacks, New Desktop etc. all look fantastic.

Plus, it was a developer's conference after all.

The new Apple site is horrible. That new nav bar at the top destroys web usability with its ambiguity, and the whole site is now far too cluttered.

Don't get me wrong, it looks pretty but from a usability angle, it's very poor.

Don't get me wrong, it looks pretty but from a usability angle, it's very poor.

I did find it hard to think of how you could cram all pages of yore into that navigation, but the fact is proven to me. It looks pretty damn well and people can make their way around the site. Hope the local sites get an update soon, too.