NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Wiiplacement Straps?

I'm curious as to if anyone who has put their name down on the site for replacement wiimote straps has recieved them as of yet? I put my name down on the first day, and haven't even heard from Nintendo. If you have got them, how many did you ask for? Maybe they're dealing with them per number first or something, it's really bugging me though that I put down all that stuff for nothing, they sure are taking their time about it!

I got my straps yesterday mate, did not hear anything from nintendo until yesterday.

I got mine Tuesday. I visited the site on the monday it went live and asked for two - i actually got three.

Has anyone tried to pull their old wriststraps to break them? I looped the wriststrap round the door handle and tried, a few gentle tugs first leading up to and then a more aggressive yank. I was actually impressed with how much force it would take. I now beleive Nintendo's original straps were fine, not outstanding, but did the job. I think those pictures of damages AV equipment is likely down to poor grip and not actually wearing the strap.

i have a feeling it was actually that little tiny thred that tied onto the wii-mote that broke not the actual strat.

also the only way this could have broke was if people were spazing.

i ordered my replacement straps yesterday.

when they come i'm going to put one of the old ones on my camera.

i would recomend saving your old straps you never know how much they'll fetch on ebay in 10 years.

Hm, I keep meaning to test my strap to see how strong it is. Perhaps I should order some replacements and test the news ones whilst I'm at it :P

My straps arrived just before christmas (ordered them about a week before that). As far as I saw, they came all the way out of Germany.

The new ones are pretty tight, though I didn't need new ones. The old ones would hold for a quite a time longer. Ah well, nothing happened and certainly won't anymore.

i wonder how long the straps will be free for

When they have covered all the people that registered wii's that came with old straps. You have to put the wii serial code number on it.

Interesting, hopefully mine'll arrive soon then, I don't like these old straps, I'm a bit over worried about it. I've stopped strapping them into the nunchuk too because it looks like it's weakening them each time I do then take it out. When I get the new ones I might try a test to see which one's stronger, although I'm probably too lazy and don't have any sorts of standard mass.

i would recomend saving your old straps you never know how much they'll fetch on ebay in 10 years.

You really think so? I might have to keep my old strap...

Yeah mine hasn't come yet either. Also I sent a Wi-Fi connector to Nintendo on December 8th to be fixed. Hasn't been sent back.

You really think so? I might have to keep my old strap...

its just a thought but you never know

When they have covered all the people that registered wii's that came with old straps. You have to put the wii serial code number on it.

obviously not.

someone may not want to replace theres

what if you lose your new strap and then just want to purhace a replacement one.

you can't, it will just tell you to use the replacement form and then it will tell you that you have already replaced yours because of the cerial number.

obviously not.

someone may not want to replace theres

what if you lose your new strap and then just want to purhace a replacement one.

you can't, it will just tell you to use the replacement form and then it will tell you that you have already replaced yours because of the cerial number.

That form is to get them for free; to replace the ones sold with the early wiis that had the old ones. If you want more or have a wii that came with new ones, they obviously won't send them. If you want to purchase one, you ring up and purchase one, separate to that form. Why would they direct you to a form to get one for free, if they are going to sell them to you? For those who do not want to replace them, that's their choice, but to those who have wiis that came with new ones won't get them, which they will know because of the serial code.

Thats not fair. My Wii came with the sturdy strap but my 3 extra controllers all came with the thin one

Mine haven't come, but i'm not too upset. I've been really careful with my remotes and i say to anyone who plays on it, 'hold on to the remote, extra tight' so i can wait for em!

:grin:

I sent off for 4 today.

Even though I only have 2 remotes and neither of them have broken.

*shifty look*

I sent off for 4 today.

Even though I only have 2 remotes and neither of them have broken.

*shifty look*

Everybody did that.

when i got my wii, 4/01/2007, it had a thicker strap than the wiimote i bought on the same day. its twice as thik.

to be honest, i tried throwing the wiimote to see if the strap broke and nothing happened!

u must be really retarded to cause the damage that was falsely advertised!

stupid retards!

I've disattached the Wii straps, they just annoy me with the tingle on my wrists. I have them off, swung like crazy in certain games and haven't even BEEN CLOSE to losing grip of the controller courtesy of my supurb gripping skills. Controllers are in fine condition. The speaker is really annoying me though with the hissing sound everytime it plays a sound and the really poor quality it outputs, is there any way to turn it off completely?

They dont have any

I thought they have a little serial number etched into the plastic, just near the little Nintendo Sticker under the battery cover? It's like a mix of letters and numbers, I can only assume it's a serial for the wiimote?

I've disattached the Wii straps, they just annoy me with the tingle on my wrists. I have them off, swung like crazy in certain games and haven't even BEEN CLOSE to losing grip of the controller courtesy of my supurb gripping skills. Controllers are in fine condition. The speaker is really annoying me though with the hissing sound everytime it plays a sound and the really poor quality it outputs, is there any way to turn it off completely?

Well at least you can turn off the volume of the speaker through the home Home-Button and going to the Wiimote settings there... But most time I think the quality of the speaker is just fine enough... But a few sounds to really not sound that good, e.g. Link swinging his sword. That sound sounds terrible... The others in Zelda I think are not that bad...

Sign in to follow this