NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Zero

Should there be an OOT remake?

Just as the thread says.

Should nintendo remake the game or leave it as a timeless classic

No because would it be any good with the same gameplay and having pretty graphics.

I think this would be nice :) was thinking about it as I played TP. They could remake the worlds to be smoother and nicer looking, maybe add one or two things - but retaining the old gameplay completely. They should stick with classic controls though, not the wii-mote. I didn't mind gestures in TP but I don't think it would suit OoT.

Honestly, there's two sides to this.

There are two sides...due to there being two types of gamers where this is concerned.

Side One: The gamers who have played Ocarina of time.

Side Two: The gamers who haven't.

Those of us who have played Ocarina of time were playing it when the N64 was still king. At the time, those graphics were outstanding. There's still bits which impress me, even to today.

I know there's some people on here who played it when it came with Master Quest, and it was difficult to get into because of the graphics and fluidity.

It may be an idea to release this game again, but touching it up, so that it runs a bit more smoother and maybe looks slightly more pleasing on the eye.

However, releasing it again, as a complete remake...no. In my opinion, that goes against the idea of a classic. Ocarina of time is a classic, so it should be played in its original form. You cannot "remake" a classic, imo.

I think it would be good if they touched up the graphics, made the over world bigger and added more depth to the storyline but, I think im just saying this because I want more out of the game than I can get.

Still the best game ever imo.

Just as the thread says.

Should nintendo remake the game or leave it as a timeless classic

There was the Zelda Collectors' Edition on GC but it wasn't really a remake.

I would keep it the way it is, as Nintendo would then get megabucks selling it on the Virtual Console.:grin:

Re-he-he-heallllly?

OMIGOSH

EGADS! That game looked so good, I played the small Kokiri Forest demo last year or the year before. I thought Nintendo shut it down though?

However, releasing it again, as a complete remake...no. In my opinion, that goes against the idea of a classic. Ocarina of time is a classic, so it should be played in its original form. You cannot "remake" a classic, imo.

They did with Resident Evil... now you can't claim that wasn't a classic :awesome:

They did with Resident Evil... now you can't claim that wasn't a classic :awesome:

I dunno, I'm in two minds with Resi Evil.

I've got the remake. But, i've never played the original. Never had a Playstation or a Saturn, but I may yet play it, one day.

Hmm, still, Ocarina should be played in its original form, as it was that game which took gamers by storm.

If there was a remake people would bitch about it saying it's lost its charm, or Nintendo are just milking it yadda yadda yadda.

no there should not because quite frankly i'm sick of this game:)

I don't think its any more annoying than Final Fantasy fans calling for remakes or sequels for 7.

Yeah, this game has a place in history. Let it rest.

I don't think its any more annoying than Final Fantasy fans calling for remakes or sequels for 7.

Yeah, this game has a place in history. Let it rest.

Yeah i know.I don't like remakes too much.Except of course resi evil remake which is the only one that was ever better than the original

Yes, but not this generation. Maybe next if Nintendo goes and produces a machine with cutting edge HD graphics, then I'd love to see it. Just to re-play what is the greatest game of all time, with literally perfect graphics, now that would be awesome. But not until then, maybe as a 20th anniversary thing.

I would like to see it with wii controls.

I think that would be awesome.

TBH, If they just updated the graphics, the actual gameplay would feel really old and clunky, so they would need to update the gameplay. But then, a few Zelda fans would complain that the game has been ruined by the gameplay.

An OoT with better graphics, altered gameplay (Wii Remote controls), and some other changes (added horseback combat - but no added sequences to the "main quest", added sidequests, etc) would be nice. But then, the comparisons to TP would be far greater....

Best is to leave it alone...I already own 3 versions of the game anyway...(Original Grey Cart - the version with those bug glitches), Master Quest and Zelda:CE. Anymore would be OtT...

The sequels suck, but I'll never be one of those people who says FFVII was any less than fantastic. The story, the mood, the humour, the gameplay. FFVII has a place as a classic in my heart forever. A lot of people hate on FFVII just because it's popular, and that sucks.

Anyway, that mini-rant out of the way, onto the point. I always wanted an FFVII remake, and a port to the DS. I would absolutely love that in fact. FFVII, OoT, Resident Evil, they'll always be classics. Even if the companies responsible for them decide to rinse the franchise for every penny it's worth, the original will remain untouched and the best.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, no remakes, leave it be remembed as the best game of all time as validated via its unsurpassed average ratio.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, no remakes, leave it be remembed as the best game of all time as validated via its unsurpassed average ratio.

If they do remake it has to be a long way off and for a special anniversary. And I persoanlly wouldn't want to see it knocked off the top at Gamerankings.

Sign in to follow this