NEurope
ReZourceman

How Many Bits Is The Wii?

Probably 128bit, i think both PS3 and Xbox 360 is as well but it really does not matter anymore with regards to graphical cabalitie its about the video card really. just to note PC is at 64 bit lol.

Well... Many PCs are probably still 32Bit, especially Intel only had a few Processors with 64Bit until the Core 2 Duo Release - before that there were only a few 64Bit processors from Intel - (that one is 64Bit)...

From Wikipedia:

GameCube Internal Data Precision:

* 32-bit Integer

* 64-bit Floating-point, usable as 2x32-bit SIMD

Playstation 2:

128 bit "Emotion Engine" clocked at 294 MHz, 10.5 million transistor

X-Box 360:

a 128-bit bus

Playstation 3:

each SPE is a RISC processor with 128 128-bit SIMD GPRs and superscalar functions

Found nothing for the Wii though and I don't know if all of the values are talking about the same thing.

But I assume so and therefore we see that the bits didn't really increase. And I assume they won't really do until we need more bits because the RAM gets too large.

If so, it slots underneath the silver plastic stand to provide more a more steady base because if there was an earth quake the first thing we would think is:

'OMG my will fall over sideways, what shal i do, if i try to run across the room from this safe doorframe i could be killed!'

Wow, Nintendo really think of everything don't they? I'm going to have another look in the box to see if there's anything that will protect it against a 50 foot tidal wave.

Maybe this cable tie will do the trick...

X-Box 360:

a 128-bit bus

The xbox uses a mobile celeron which is a stripped down pentium 3 which is a 32 bit chip. Measuring a systems power in bits is like measuring a processors power in mhz. It's one piece of a much larger puzzle.

... he said xbox360 not xbox :D

The 360 has a tripple core custom G5 chip i think.

Does it even matter. Nobody knows what bits are anyway, because everyone is saying something else out here. If we don't know what we're all talking about, does it matter to know it? No. not at all.

And by the way, you don't need to protect your Wii for a tidal wave. Water won't harm it, if the 1up report isn't false; They kept the controllers is water and - look - they still worked! They did everything functional, so I doubt Nintendo has hardware that dies in a tidal wave. but, please, don't styart bathing it every day now.

What were the original 'bit' numbers based on anyway?

If we're looking at CPU addressing spaces now, all next gens are 64-bit. Last gen the Xbox was 32, GameCube 64 and PS2 was 128-bit I think. The DS and PSP are both 32-bit. The bit numbers have nothing to do with power though.

... he said xbox360 not xbox :D

The 360 has a tripple core custom G5 chip i think.

wow.... I must have been tired >.>

Anyway ya the 360 has a stripped down triple core g5 which would be a 64 bit processor.

What were the original 'bit' numbers based on anyway?

If we're looking at CPU addressing spaces now, all next gens are 64-bit. Last gen the Xbox was 32, GameCube 64 and PS2 was 128-bit I think. The DS and PSP are both 32-bit. The bit numbers have nothing to do with power though.

I believe that back in the days of the nes, snes, genesis and such. When consoles lacked gpus the bit rating was tied to how many colors could be on screen at once. Don't quote me on that it is pure speculation.