Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

ndreamer

Thanks. Looks like i already visited the good places. Didn't even notice the amount of slimes lol. But what's with that Santa's house up NE? Is there anyway i can get him, or whoever lives there, back home?

Yeah there's DLC quests that involve the island.

What about that Swordsman who stands alone on an island claiming he's the greatest warrior of all time and that none can stand against him... is there gonna be a quest for that or do you have to do something to 'earn' the right to fight him?

I'm looking for a reason to get properly back into playing the game again since completing it and getting 'burnt out' on exploring the map and battling through grottoes... I still like the game... I just... I don't know... I'm not feeling that compelled to play it anymore since playing - and enjoying - it for eighty hours... :/ help?

Edited by S.C.G

What about that Swordsman who stands alone on an island claiming he's the greatest warrior of all time and that none can stand against him... is there gonna be a quest for that or do you have to do something to 'earn' the right to fight him?

Which island? Because that sounds like the chap who teaches you the Gladiator vocation.

I'm looking for a reason to get properly back into playing the game again since completing it and getting 'burnt out' on exploring the map and battling through grottoes... I still like the game... I just... I don't know... I'm not feeling that compelled to play it anymore since playing - and enjoying - it for eighty hours... :/ help?

I'm nearing 120 hours, and I've found myself reduced to about 30 minutes or so a day on it doing a couple of grottoes. I like the idea that I might actually get a good map at the end, though obviously I should know that's ridiculous. I've only stumbled across one watery grotto and one that's over lvl 50

He doesn't teach Gladiator, but he does give the level 15 and 40 quests for it.

Yeah, that's what I meant...

Personally, I've learnt to enjoy it by concentrating on just one purpose per play session. For instance, one day I might do Quests, and only Quests. Another day I'll just do Grottoes. Then another day I might change everyone to a vocation they're Level 1 in and level them up in the Bowhole and Grottoes with groups of Liquid Metal Slimes until they're about Level 42. It's very cathartic to save up skill points and then pour 100 of them into a Trait.

Oh, by the way, the priority Quests should be the ones that you have to get to Level 40 for (eg. Level 40 Thief, Level 40 Gladiator) and the maxed-out weapon Quests from Swinedimples. I've done Spears, Swords, Axes and Wands, although obviously I'm not going to max-out any just to do the Quest, not whilst I still need the points for Traits!

Edited by Grazza

I haven't gotten any Grottoes above Lvl 49. I've done a couple Lvl 49 maps but nothing has broken that big Five-Oh yet.

Yesterday I did however go take on the first Legacy Boss, got him in 17 rounds. His most threatening attack was getting a crit. Killed my theif 3 or 4 times like that then died before I could resurrect her.

I haven't gotten any Grottoes above Lvl 49. I've done a couple Lvl 49 maps but nothing has broken that big Five-Oh yet.

Yesterday I did however go take on the first Legacy Boss, got him in 17 rounds. His most threatening attack was getting a crit. Killed my theif 3 or 4 times like that then died before I could resurrect her.

What's a legacy boss?

How does one come across these bosses?

The one I know how to get

You have to do the quest you get from the skeleton in the cave on the northern island. The snowy one where Santa possibly lives. After doing that quest you get the map.

I didn't give him my precious XP, I needed it more, also he didn't deserve it.

How does one come across these bosses?

There's a quest on Cringle Island located in the north east part of the map that'll give you your first map as a reward. I guess the rest are from other quests/DLC.

Bah Beaten.

You get better rewards if you level them up and kill them later :P

The one I know how to get
You have to do the quest you get from the skeleton in the cave on the northern island. The snowy one where Santa possibly lives. After doing that quest you get the map.

I see. That quest is annoying me though, as I've only ever come across one water-filled grotto after doing about sixty so far.

I see. That quest is annoying me though, as I've only ever come across one water-filled grotto after doing about sixty so far.

I only have one water place and it was Lvl 1 and I got the....wait that was a differnet quest. What are you trudging about in Water Grottoes for?

You get better rewards if you level them up and kill them later :P

I'd rather beat him into submission a few more times and be a bit tougher overall before then though.