Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii Shortages

Fierce_LiNk

Not a 'disaster', that word is too strong but lets be honest it's pretty fecked-up! Alot of slashed shipments, no remotes (which you need for multiplayer!) problems with other things.

Europe had to wait till 8/12/06 i thought it would be much smoother considering the time they have had to organise it.

But it seems that Nintendo aren't shipping the number of consoles they said they would to retailers.

Surely that's Nintendos fault?

I'm not convinced this is the case at all.

when we preorder a console they tell you that it does not gurantee one, Nintendo perhaps gave projected figures and people took them as gospel and that's why Amazon left their orders so much later than everyone else cos they waited for actual figures?

or take this quote from Woolworths emails:

Nintendo have only shipped part of the promised stock for Nintendo Wii to all retailers within the UK. Due to this, we have only received part of our allocation. We are led to believe by Nintendo that we will receive all stock in time for pre-Christmas delivery. Please accept our apologies for this delay.

perhaps Nintendo gave stores figures for the launch window and not the launch day?!

Play.com have zelda shortages which meant my delivery got delayed, so i've cancelled it and will go and pick it up from the city tommorow hopefully. The shortages better not be so bad that I can't get zelda :hmm:

Dear Customer,

Nintendo have just informed us of stock shortages on this item and we regret

that as a result we will be unable to supply your pre-ordered product at launch

As an Official distributor, Nintendo have guaranteed us more stock before

Christmas and we will fulfil your order as soon as we can

If you no longer wish to keep your pre-order with Play.com please login to your

account and remove the item from your Outstanding Orders

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment this may cause

Kind Regards

PLAY.COM

Ive got a letter through the door this morning about my Wii Console, being 6th on the list of the pre-orders, my stores doesn't have ANY consoles for launch, and will only be getting a whole 2 consoles before Christmas, i'm basically buggered. They send me the note a DAY before launch?

Looks like either Tesco midnight or Toys R us tomorrow.

Here we go again (refers to shit 360 launch)