Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely respect your opinion and if you think that then fair enough but forgive me for laughing my arse off at that statement. The story's the weakest of any Zelda and seems to have been made up as the developers went along. As has been said many times on this thread by many people there isn't any magic to the game (and I don't mean physical magic). The music is pants. There are hardly any sidequests. The dungeons are small and cold. It's easy. The difficulty curve seems to be going the wrong way in that later dungeons are tiny and easier than the first set. Kakariko is a joke. The ending isn't all that special... blah blah blah...

Of course I can find just as many if not more GOOD things to say about the game but the fact that there are so many negatives (in my opinion) can't be good.

just no, you don't deserve to play the damn game lmao

I'm a Zelda fanboy, I just don't have a problem with criticising clearly sub-par Zelda games.

...Good one.

has there ever been a bad proper Zelda game? NO

you just have ridiculously high expectations for what each new addition to the series should be. Each game is quite different from the last which is why we still play these games, and why you can go back to older ones you've already finished and still have fun playing them.

Nope, never been a bad Zelda game, I've never said there has been.

What I was saying is that there are far too many flaws for a Zelda game that's been heralded as the greatest game of all time. Especially since it's been in development for 3-4 years. I just can't see how in all that time, they managed to make the whole second half of the game feel rushed.

What I was saying is that there are far too many flaws for a Zelda game that's been heralded as the greatest game of all time. Especially since it's been in development for 3-4 years. I just can't see how in all that time, they managed to make the whole second half of the game feel rushed.

same was said of WW. i haven't got that far into TP to be able to comment on the later half so . . . . lol

i'm loving the 15 or so hours i've played of it and so far its out classing all of the other Zelda games-including my favorite LTTP.

I find that quite true. I felt the last 3 dungeons were very rushed.

True, WW was very rushed as well, but it at least had an air-tight story, lots of sidequests, that magic feel and cool temples. AND it was in production for literaly half the time that TP was. Imagine if TP WASN'T delayed a year!!

Trust me, I loved the first half of TP. The second was such a disappointment though. Travel time between dungeons is about 10 minutes, the dungeons themselves can be finished in about 30 minutes...

I like your sig pic Zero.

I completely respect your opinion and if you think that then fair enough but forgive me for laughing my arse off at that statement. The story's the weakest of any Zelda and seems to have been made up as the developers went along. As has been said many times on this thread by many people there isn't any magic to the game (and I don't mean physical magic). The music is pants. There are hardly any sidequests. The dungeons are small and cold. It's easy. The difficulty curve seems to be going the wrong way in that later dungeons are tiny and easier than the first set. Kakariko is a joke. The ending isn't all that special... blah blah blah...

Of course I can find just as many if not more GOOD things to say about the game but the fact that there are so many negatives (in my opinion) can't be good.

Lets bash Oot. ::shrug:

First the storyline is total weak because it is just a ripoff Link to the past.

The game has only few sidequests and the dungeons have big areas of nothing to make the dungeons look big but really small things to do. Also the Kakariko village is joke because only has ten folks in the village and you only need to go the village to get into three dugeons.

The ending isn't all that special because it just weird that everyone wants to dance like crazy in Lon Lon Ranch.

Regarding the game's difficulty, yes it is easy, but it's still harder than Ocarina and Wind Waker. No-one moans about Ocarina being too easy.

I'm also tired of people saying the game "lacks magic". That's utter bollocks. I mean, that's one of the worst critisisms I've ever heard.

Also, the music, in my opinion, is not all that bad. You people make it sound like it detracts from the experience, but that's bullcrap. Some of the new tune in the game are great, namely the new hyrule field theme, and some are very atmospheric, like the Lake Hylia tune and the Kakariko tune and a lot of the dungeon music. The remixes are also great, especially the goron city remix. Some of it is pants though, especially the whining dog.

Dante: Unfortunately for your argument, Ocarina of Time is almost 10 years old and was the first 3D zelda.

Kakariko has far more than 10 people but not sure how that's an argument, TP's Kakariko had 2 people!!! before the arrival of the kids!

The ending to OoT has been called the best Zelda ending ever by pretty much every Zelda fan, TP's one is nothing compared to it.

And you need to do far more in OoT Kakariko than TP one.

The story line couldn't be any more different than A Link to the Past, so not sure where you got that from.

What pathetic arguments.

I completely agree with the game feeling rushed! But I don't understand how this game could have been rushed with all those bloody delays!

Exactly. Think how much worse it would have been without that extra year.

I guess Nintendo didnt want to have people to rush into the last two dungeons to fight the bosses. :hmm:

Sorry? What do you mean

I completely agree with the game feeling rushed! But I don't understand how this game could have been rushed with all those bloody delays!

the last year or so was probably just testing for bugs and getting it ready for Wii as most of the staff moved on to Phantom Hourglass or the new Wii Zelda.

I'm wondering if it would even have qualified as a game without the extra year!:laughing: (I'm kinda half serious aswell!)

the last year or so was probably just testing for bugs and getting it ready for Wii as most of the staff moved on to Phantom Hourglass or the new Wii Zelda.

I dunno something doesn't add up, especially when you look at the pictures of the game on IGN from ages ago!

Am i the only one who realises implementing wii controls into Zelda wii takes like, an hour or so?

They should of released the game earlier, saying that, waiting for it to come out onto the Wii was a good business move.

And unfortunatly, the wait wasnt worth it. It was a long wait. Release it a year earlier, and i would of appriciated it a lot more.

Metroid has probably been delayed to implement online on a shitty online service, and thus the single player will suffer.

JUST like hunters.

Now Metal Gear Solid 4™: Guns of the Patriots

What an accomplishment that will be, not only on gaming terms, but on production terms. Potentially the greatest game ever created, with the ending of the long running saga, a backdrop of World War 3, Liquid and Solid, locked in an epic battle.

1995_36_1304.jpg

Sorry? What do you mean

I'm saying that people look forward to fighting the last bosses, so Nintendo made sure that they didnt have to wait long for it. :sad:

Metroid has probably been delayed to implement online on a shitty online service, and thus the single player will suffer.

I hope Metroid Prime 3 is not delayed for online play.

The last part of TP doesn't feel rushed at all. Although there is very little time between the 7th and 8th dungeons, but that hardly makes it rushed, seeing as the dungeons themselves were supurb.

Very little time? It's about 1 minute between them.

Between 5 and 6 is also non existant.

Dungeons are alright. Temple of time was empty and pretty pointless looking.

I'm saying that people look forward to fighting the last bosses, so Nintendo made sure that they didnt have to wait long for it. :sad:

Lol, surely you're joking?

Now Metal Gear Solid 4™: Guns of the Patriots

What an accomplishment that will be, not only on gaming terms, but on production terms. Potentially the greatest game ever created, with the ending of the long running saga, a backdrop of World War 3, Liquid and Solid, locked in an epic battle.

Lets hope that MGS4:GOTP dont go like MGS:OP has hinted.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!