NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

The music sounded dated. Very

As in bad quality, or because some of it was from old games? I haven't had any problems with the sound quality.

As in bad quality, or because some of it was from old games? I haven't had any problems with the sound quality.

Unfortunatly, we got music quality that was heard from last century. Name me another game of this magnitude that uses synthesised midi sound.

This was supposedly meant to be in Twilight Princess

Koji Kondo said it himself in the video that precedes this montage.

TP had better quotes in this game than other games from the series.

I thought the writing was on par

Although some of the citizens didnt seem too bothered about what was going on. I think someone said this, but they seemed more panicked about a dog being in hyrule then a giant pyramid engulfing the castle.

I thought the writing was on par

Although some of the citizens didnt seem too bothered about what was going on. I think someone said this, but they seemed more panicked about a dog being in hyrule then a giant pyramid engulfing the castle.

I haven't spoken to the people in hyrule very much, but you usually expect people to stand there pointing at it or something. Do they even mention it?

Create orchestrated versions of the tunes in the game, and replace the midi ones.

The only thing you would notice is the "morphing" between tunes will be utter cack (why do you think the "danger" tune doesn't appear in Hyrule field, which uses orchestrated music). TP uses midi to great effect, and uses orchestrated music when it's necessary.

Make all the music orchestrated, and I would really miss the great use of the morphing music they do. I actually hope they use midi - Nintendo have virtually mastered into making it sound almost as good as orchestrated music.

When will a proper soundtrack be made?

When will a proper soundtrack be made?

When Zelda:WW came out, the soundtrack came out four months after it.

So maybe the Zelda:TP soundtrack will come out in four months time as well. :)

The only thing you would notice is the "morphing" between tunes will be utter cack (why do you think the "danger" tune doesn't appear in Hyrule field, which uses orchestrated music). TP uses midi to great effect, and uses orchestrated music when it's necessary.

The Hyrule Field theme isn't orchestrated, it's midi. As is the rest of the game's music, it's ALL midi. And the Hyrule Field music is dynamic, it alters when an enemy is nearby.

I prefer dynamic midi music over orchestrated tunes. But there's no excuse to not use orchestrated music during cut-scenes, or other situations where no music alterations are needed.

Hyrule field is not MIDI. You can hear the difference very clearly. Yes it has changing music, but that doesn't matter. It depends on how good you are in arranging the tracks that you can easely let them flow into each other.

I like the music though, I liked it back in the N64 days and I still like it today, in MIDI. I loved the Wind Waker overworld theme - the best piece of Zelda overworld music, ever. No matter how the real OverWorld tune sounds (the original Zelda's was utter crap, I think). That was a great one. It sounded large and oceanic. Though I love TP's Hyrule field.

I love the music in TP.I think the musics great especially the likes of Hyrule Field and

Puppet Zelda

Can't wait for the OST.

Hyrule field is not MIDI. You can hear the difference very clearly. Yes it has changing music, but that doesn't matter. It depends on how good you are in arranging the tracks that you can easely let them flow into each other.

I don't want to get in an "it's not! Is so! It's not!..." arguement, but I'm pretty convinced the Hyrule Field theme is midi.

Ah well, Zelda can continue playing 90s music.

Next Gen is here.

I never understood everybody's bullshit about graphics. I like the game and it looks good enough. I don't find HD that important and never had an experience with dolby surround that made me say 'wow'. I saw the demopod of the X360 in store and it didn't blow me away. What's with everyone japping on about graphics? I am a graphic designer, and I hate ugliness - but no game has ever told me 'i'me ugly'. What's with that HD bullshit and what's wrong with MIDI? The music is great - no matter what, if it's MIDI or orchestrated. Sorry to sound angry, but I'm getting sick of the annoying shit about great graphics (and games missing theem) and incredible sound experiences (and games not having them). It's Bull-Shit.

About the Hyrule field MIDI: Okay, I'll admit: I could be wrong. But I was sure it was orchestrated. Ah well.

Hyrule field is not MIDI.

All the TP songs are in MIDI but the title trailer is and unknown orchestrated piece that never added into the game.

Twilight Princess has the best Hyrule Field theme to date, in my opinion, despite it being midi.

When I think about it, I'm starting to get the feeling I like this game a lot more than Ocarina of Time. I'll still have to think about it some more, but it's becoming my personal best game ever.

I never understood everybody's bullshit about graphics. I like the game and it looks good enough. I don't find HD that important and never had an experience with dolby surround that made me say 'wow'. I saw the demopod of the X360 in store and it didn't blow me away. What's with everyone japping on about graphics? I am a graphic designer, and I hate ugliness - but no game has ever told me 'i'me ugly'. What's with that HD bullshit and what's wrong with MIDI? The music is great - no matter what, if it's MIDI or orchestrated. Sorry to sound angry, but I'm getting sick of the annoying shit about great graphics (and games missing theem) and incredible sound experiences (and games not having them). [I]It's Bull-Shit.[/i]

About the Hyrule field MIDI: Okay, I'll admit: I could be wrong. But I was sure it was orchestrated. Ah well.

Where the hell is this coming from :|

But yeah, there seems to be a sense of blind ignorance on what you COULD have in terms of Zelda music, i garuntee that if Nintendo at least gave you a Zelda game with spectacular orchestral music, no one, i repeat, no one will want to go back.

Nah. I bet that's bullshit. The problem is: you insinuated that we actually shouldn't like it right now, because it's so-nineties. But you could always wine about 'what could'. I love it this pay and I see no necessity for HD or Dolby Surround, or orchestrated music. I couldn't care less.

And sorry, I'm just extremely annoyed by taht shit. i'm bored of it. It annoys me that after the launch, all of a sudden everybody did start winning again. I want that to be over...

Nah. I bet that's bullshit. The problem is: you insinuated that we actually shouldn't like it right now, because it's so-nineties. But you could always wine about 'what could'. I love it this pay and I see no necessity for HD or Dolby Surround, or orchestrated music. I couldn't care less.

And sorry, I'm just extremely annoyed by taht shit. i'm bored of it. It annoys me that after the launch, all of a sudden everybody did start winning again. I want that to be over...

It will never be over. Some people actually like being forwards then backwards.

Some people also don't like hearing criticisms of their new best game ever (until the next Zelda comes out)

Where the hell is this coming from :|

But yeah, there seems to be a sense of blind ignorance on what you COULD have in terms of Zelda music, i garuntee that if Nintendo at least gave you a Zelda game with spectacular orchestral music, no one, i repeat, no one will want to go back.

Well, the sound is good enough as it is now. I have absolutly no problems with the quality, and I'm sure that it being orchestrated wouldn't make much of a difference.

Well, the sound is good enough as it is now. I have absolutly no problems with the quality, and I'm sure that it being orchestrated wouldn't make much of a difference.

The fact that some people can't tell what is midi and what isn't in TP shows that....It isn't as big a difference as you think.

And the graphics are fine too. HD is way overrated (and I speak from experience, at home I've got a HDTV, a HD Projector, a great surround sound system and Sky HD).

Eh..happy new year guys.

vlcsnap-235621.jpg

No. It will. Trust me.

g01.jpg

Good news for all then. Dante, if DMC4 was ported to 360, which is a strong rumour going on, how would you feel?