NEurope
Ashley

Wii Connects to Nintendo VIP

It doesn't say how many points you can buy for each star. Probably 4 stars for 1 point, which wouldn't be too shabby.

Hey I just noticed that I have a coupon in my MK:DD game. Looks like it's worth 400 stars if I'm reading it correctly. The game was preowned when I bought it but the pin number is unscratched. Since I live in Denmark and imported the game from England I can't use the stars. Anyone want them?

First one to reply with "You got a star" gets them :)

It doesn't say how many points you can buy for each star. Probably 4 stars for 1 point, which wouldn't be too shabby.

yeah anything is better than nothing, I've got 2000 plus the 500 you get with the Wii so thats ok for starters...

EDIT:

lucky swine moria! if only I wasn't replying to ur post!

As expected, VC titles = stars.

Suprisingly, Stars = points.

I'll wait to see the terms and conditions on the stars to points scheme first though. It may be limited to one purchase, it may be extortionate.

It's certainly a step in the right direction.

Good stuff, just read the email myself. Definitely happy about this, hopefully the system works well.

WTF, NOE doing something good for once. IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Ugh, still can't do anything with my stars though since my Wii is a US version, oh well, I'm not interested in crappy PAL releases anyway.

Hurry up and put Yoshi's Island DS on the Stars Catalogue Ninty!!!

Just e.mailed them to say A. Thank you to the management for making this happen and B. To ask what the exchange/batch rate will be.

I'm guessing 2:1 personally, in batches depositted in your account.

2,000 stars (valued somewhere in the region of £240 in real game purcahses) = 1,000 points (valued at £7-8)

You got a star!

Can you PM the code to me please?

OK I sent you a pm with the code.

oh wait... you have an xbox 360 too? Then forget about it! :heh: hehe j/k

Just e.mailed them to say A. Thank you to the management for making this happen and B. To ask what the exchange/batch rate will be.

I'm guessing 2:1 personally, in batches depositted in your account.

2,000 stars (valued somewhere in the region of £240 in real game purcahses) = 1,000 points (valued at £7-8)

fair conversion rates I reckon

Wonder when they will appear on the stars catalogue is it too much to expect it to be on 2moro?! probably wanna milk it out of people abit and get them buying Wii Points on day one instead!

I mean a Wii is going to earn you 500 stars automatically, lets say you buy a game and have a of VC titles you could easily clock up a few thousand points.

I would love for it to be a stars:point ratio, but that seems too generous. Seeing as if you get stars back for the purchases you make on the VC catalogue in the first place.

I mean a Wii is going to earn you 500 stars automatically, lets say you buy a game and have a of VC titles you could easily clock up a few thousand points.

I would love for it to be a stars:point ratio, but that seems too generous. Seeing as if you get stars back for the purchases you make on the VC catalogue in the first place.

yeah it won't be 1 for 1 for the reasons you say. I'm hoping it will be ok ratio i'll have 2500 after I add the Wii and then whatever Zelda has on it, so if I can get a couple of games for that much I'll be happy!

Excelent news, got loads of stars sitting there spare. Only thing i ever wanted from them was the desktop icons, and i made them myself just by spending an hour in paint!

NoE's site is down for construction. Probably adding Wii points, and possibly some other stuff on the STARS catalogue

Excellent news! :D

Who says wishes never come true? ;) I still remember when we had that thread months ago, wishing we could use Stars for VC points.

I agree with Nintendork that there'll probably be an inequal exchange rate. We'll probably buy points in bundles (500, 1000, 2000...). Maybe 1,500 stars for 500?

Can't wait to see what NOE come up with, hopefully there will be one or two nice additions to the stars catalogue as well, if the Club Nintendo icon is anything to go by. :)

P.S: Happy Wii Day!

I think they probably just hired a new web designer with some of that marketing money. The forums have been down for days. I'm guessing complete overhaul.. GameCube crap gone and the Wii and DS taking a more prominent role.

I'm staying up to see if it's a stars update/Wii VIP pak.

That's how desperate I am.

New Wii owners to register your stars click here

You get 250 stars with each selected game, 250 for buying a Wii and 250 found in the Wii Sports case, when you sign up you'll be doing me a favour because I get some for every new person.

Thanks.

What's the point? Well Nintendo Stars can be used to purchase virtual console points (which you'd typically have to pay for) so be sure to use them all!

I keep getting told my password is wrong when i try to link, even though i know it isn't. Will this be due to the site being down?

Set mine up a few hours ago and it was fine, had a server error message from Nintendo when I tried to look at my address book though. Probably just lagging a bit now it's the evening.

They better hurry up with my free points the god damn bitches. I wanna play Mario 64.

The full list of VC games for Europe now reads as follows:

From Friday, 8 December

Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64)

F-Zero TM, Donkey Kong Country TM (Super Nintendo)

Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong and Wario's Woods (NES)

Sonic the Hedgehog, Altered Beast, Golden Axe and Ecco the Dolphin (SEGA MEGA DRIVE)

Bonk’s Adventure, Super Star Soldier, Victory Run, Bomberman ’93 and Dungeon Explorer (Turbografx/PC Engine)

From Friday, 15 December

Urban Champion, Solomon's Key and Pinball (NES)

Columns, Gunstar Heroes, Ristar, Dr. Robotonik’s Mean Bean Machine (SEGA MEGA DRIVE)

Alien Crush TM (Turbografx/PC Engine)

From Friday, 22 December

Donkey Kong Jr., Soccer and Tennis (NES)

Space Harrier II and Toe Jam & Earl (SEGA MEGA DRIVE)

Military Madness (Turbografx/PC Engine)

From Friday, 29 December

SimCity, Super Probotector, and Super Castlevania IV (Super Nintendo)

Baseball and Ice Hockey (NES)

R-TYPE (Turbografx/PC Engine)

Anyone else having problems accessing Nintendos site to enter Stars codes?

Yeah, it seems to be busy which can only bode well for the launch but spell doom for us and our virtual console desires. I guess it's back to Zelda whilst we wait for NintendoVIP to come back online.