NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nucleus

Nintendo Magazines

N Gamer. I've been reading that magazine since the N64 days, and it's just such a good magazine. It's the only magazine that makes you want to play the game when they review it. Plus, i always laugh out loud when i read. I couldn't recommend this magazine enough.

Please don't buy Edge unless you're really serious about the industry. Nothing annoys me more than 13 year old internet fanboys buying Edge because they think it makes them cool. :mad:

You realise you've just encouraged a larger majority to go buy it now than if you had said nothing, right?

Well in my opinion you should go for Edge. Is by far the most serious magazine out there. Best reviews. Great news, articles, features. For me at least is the only mag that actually worth reading. All the others are only if there are any cool gifts.

It's the only magazine i actually read. And their articles cant be found on the internet.

NGanmer is awesome but their review of Red Steel was total shit.

Both NGamer and NOM give it 90+.

Im torn. :hmm:

IGN and the like have slated the game alot regarding the controls etc.. but i think i want this game. Ngamer and NOM reviews give me a bit of reassurance and didnt mention any 'control issues' as such but any other reviews focus around that point. W'ell see.

IGN and the like have slated the game alot regarding the controls etc.. but i think i want this game. Ngamer and NOM reviews give me a bit of reassurance and didnt mention any 'control issues' as such but any other reviews focus around that point. W'ell see.

They're both owned by Future Publishing, and they both gave almost identical scores. What made me think that there was a little bias was the fact that both magazines gave away Red Steel posters. Methinks theres some fishy goings on at future...

i trust GamesTM. they've been spot on with every game i've bought apart from Dead Rising which i didn't get on with at all.

i really dont see the point in gaming magazines when you have.....THE INTERNET!

the features and the commentary and reviews you can trust more than random internet sites. also i love the leters sections and the editorial style sections in them such as Biffovision in EDGE and Kongetsu in GamesTM.

ONM sucks, don't bother with it, I haven't tried any other recent Wii mags so no comment as far as that goes.

I would opt for a subscription to Games TM though, excellent mag, have every issue and aside from the odd duff front cover, it's ace. It's Edge, but with a sense of humour.

i really dont see the point in gaming magazines when you have.....THE INTERNET!

Yeah but i combine Edge with IGN hehe

A penny for my thoughts:

Multiformat: Edge or/and Games TM

Both very well written, very professional, unbiased and give harsh but fair reviews. When they say a game is good, you can bet you derrière it's good. Unlike other magazines, the scoring is more logic: an 5 is average (not necessarely bad, just nothing new), a 7 good, an 8 very good etc. etc.

Nintendo: N-Revolution (Only Wii, DS and retro!)

Only three issues so far. Unbiased, a very good read, are "in the know" as it were and have a excellent sense of humour. They haven't made any reviews yet, so I can't comment on them.

What not to get:

ONM. Harsh, but for the obvious reasons.

I'm sorry but why are we even discussing this? If you want a Nintendo magazine, you buy NGamer. It really is as simple as that. No competition.

I'm sorry but why are we even discussing this? If you want a Nintendo magazine, you buy NGamer. It really is as simple as that. No competition.

Hmmmm, I haven't bought NGamer yet, but you'll have to do better than that to convince me to do so. Some argumentation might help. And make 'em count, because that legendary Red Steel review isn't exactly speaking in it's favour. :wink:

Well I know Martin (editor of n.Rev) has said on the forum that Red Steel isn't really that good, and a bit dissapointing... we'll see the score on the 14th I believe.

Also the mag is laid out well (unlike NGamer's clutter style), plus the separate DS and Retro mini-mags are really good!!

Also the mag is laid out well (unlike NGamer's clutter style)

I actually prefer the style N Gamer use. It's better to have a lot of stuff to read that looks cluttered, than a magazine that had nothing in it because it wants to look cool. N Gamer really looks like a fan magazine, and that's why i love it.

I actually prefer the style N Gamer use. It's better to have a lot of stuff to read that looks cluttered, than a magazine that had nothing in it because it wants to look cool. N Gamer really looks like a fan magazine, and that's why i love it.

too right, i like the fact that i can go through it a few times and keep finding new bits i haven't read and just some funny comments that make the magazine just awesome. its better than NGC ever was already.

i don't like the idea of minimags either, they've never worked for me. yes have a retro section but there's no need for a separate handheld one. mags have tried it in the past and its never lasted.

I only have 2 issues of N-Gamer because for some unknown reason... no shops in my town ever get it in... not Tesco not Whsmith not Asda not Sainsburys and none of the tonnes of smaller shops, and its not like i live in a small town. I cant seem to find out why this is and i refuse to subscribe because mags turn up in a sorry state.

i refuse to subscribe because mags turn up in a sorry state.

I subscribe, and it's true. Pisses me off. I actually keep my issues, and i get annoyed if someone even creases them, never mind when it gets shoved through the letterbox and is actually bent out of shape! Although it does come early, I've had this issue for 5 days (roundabout) when it's supposed to come out tomorrow!

I subscribe, and it's true. Pisses me off. I actually keep my issues, and i get annoyed if someone even creases them, never mind when it gets shoved through the letterbox and is actually bent out of shape! Although it does come early, I've had this issue for 5 days (roundabout) when it's supposed to come out tomorrow!

*runs next door to check the post*

:o NO ITS NOT HERE :cry: :cry :cry:

the features and the commentary and reviews you can trust more than random internet sites. also i love the leters sections and the editorial style sections in them such as Biffovision in EDGE and Kongetsu in GamesTM.

There really isn't a perfect mag.i got put off with ngamer after red steel review.there is no way in hell it is 90%.OMN are OMN typo masters but i never tried the other one but i really dont think its on sale in ireland.I suppose edge wins for me overall

There really isn't a perfect mag.i got put off with ngamer after red steel review.there is no way in hell it is 90%.OMN are OMN typo masters but i never tried the other one but i really dont think its on sale in ireland.I suppose edge wins for me overall

Spot the irony :indeed:

(and no, I don't have anything meaningful to contribute to the thread)

I get Edge and NGamer monthly, and occassionally ONM. Each time I do give ONM another chance, I walk away thinking how bad the issue was. I'm a big fan of NGamer and Edge, though.

I get Edge and NGamer monthly, and occassionally ONM. Each time I do give ONM another chance, I walk away thinking how bad the issue was. I'm a big fan of NGamer and Edge, though.

GET GamesTM!!!

and its 50p cheaper than EDGE :p

Sign in to follow this