NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cabrony

Woolworths UK pre-orders.

I only recently decided to get a Wii and pre-ordered from the Woolworths website as they were one of the few retailers left still taking pre-orders. I ordered on the 25th of November and since then Woolworths have stopped taking pre-orders. Now I was wondering if any of you could shed any light on this. Is it likely that they only took the same number of pre-orders as they did recieve consoles from Nintendo? (Like Amazon did) Thus guarenteeing me one for release day? Or is it more likely that they decided to stop taking pre-orders becuase of the sheer number of people ordering?

Also anyone else who has pre-ordered from Woolworths have you recieved an email saying you are guaranteed a Wii on launch day? (like people have been recieving from Game) and do you have a delivery date other than friday the 8th of December?

Thanks in advance.

________

BMW F01 HISTORY

Edited by Tony Cabrony

I'm trying my local Woolworths on launch day.

My theory is they will have sold X amount of units on their website.. and X is their exact allocation.

Seeing as they were taking them so late.

I'm sure you'll get one.

I'm trying my local Woolworths on launch day.

My theory is they will have sold X amount of units on their website.. and X is their exact allocation.

Seeing as they were taking them so late.

I'm sure you'll get one.

I heard they were only selling them online and would not have any instore - hope I'm wrong for your sake.

No that's not impossible.. Argos are doing the same thing.

But even the manager said they're not sure if they're getting any in store.

I think Nintendo would be foolish to not have any available to non hardcore pre-order fanatics.

I'm trying all over town, there's about 15 stores that may have stock.

i'm going to try my local Argos (both of them) and possibly woolworths if i can't fine one in Argos which shouldn't be likely

Well if there is some freak accident and i dont manage to get my pre-orders at work, there is a big woolies next door to my store so will pop in there on the thursday just to see.

My argos store got 2 360 core packages (zero premium) for the launch day even thou they sold out of pre-orders ages beofre launch. They are doing the same thing with the Wii launch, if a store does get any in then i'd say there is a 90% chance that they will be snapped up by staff members but who knows, you might get lucky.

Also to all those who pre-ordered from woolies. My girlfriend pre-ordered the 360 HD-DVD drive ages ago and she's not got or heard anything from them :(

Well I'm trying stores like PC World, Sainsburys, Tesco, Co-op electrical, ASDA and WH Smith too.

Most of which don't do pre-orders but stock 360s and DS lites.

Nintendo wants to hit average people, it's gonna have to hit average stores to prevent Nintendo geeks snapping up all the pre-orders.

I went into Woolworths and pre ordered one. They said to just bring the receipt in on launch day, so whether I get one is yet to be seen.

On their website my Wii has been ready for despatch for the last 3 days. Zelda is still in pre-release state. My only worry is I won't have anything but Wii Sports come Christmas Day

The status of my Wii on the Woolworths site is still 'back order or pre-release'. Doesnt look like ill get one come friday then.

________

Lovely Wendie99

Edited by Tony Cabrony

Hi all.

My woolworths pre-order is on 'back order or pre-release' too. Maybe the 'ready for dispatch' orders are ones being sent to homes rather than collection from branches. Hope thats the case anyway. :hmm: just reassuring myself :grin: e-mailed them but i will get a reply thursday if it's anything like the time it took a previous enquiry to be answered. I heard they were only taking orders for initial batch and once it's fufilled they'l stop orders.

Hi all.

My woolworths pre-order is on 'back order or pre-release' too. Maybe the 'ready for dispatch' orders are ones being sent to homes rather than collection from branches. Hope thats the case anyway. :hmm: just reassuring myself :grin: e-mailed them but i will get a reply thursday if it's anything like the time it took a previous enquiry to be answered. I heard they were only taking orders for initial batch and once it's fufilled they'l stop orders.

Glad to hear im not the only one. But I ordered mine to be sent, not collected in store, so it affects both. I emailed them too but like you said prbably wont get a reply till thursday. I hope the thing about initial batch is true, it would make sense because they stopped taking orders a couple of days after i ordered.

________

LovelyWendie

Edited by Tony Cabrony

My good friend 'tphi' who writes articles on here is going with woolworths too. He ordered 24 hours before me I think. I believe he made a phone call and again was told 'once the allocations have been filled we'll stop taking orders' so he was pretty much assured he was in.

My good friend 'tphi' who writes articles on here is going with woolworths too. He ordered 24 hours before me I think. I believe he made a phone call and again was told 'once the allocations have been filled we'll stop taking orders' so he was pretty much assured he was in.

Thats good to hear, thanks for the reassurance.

________

Huge Tits live

Edited by Tony Cabrony

I'm with woolies, got 20% off the console (or, technically, 19%) due to employee discount and a discount day. Apparently deliveries to store should be there on THURSDAY so the more charming members of the forum may be able to persuade staff to give them the wii on thursday...

I know I'm gonna try.

As my faithful friend JC said, I was told by Woolies that they wouldn't take orders online for stock they wouldn't have on the launch day. Ergo, once it sold out on the website, that was it - all Woolies knew they'd be allocated. I was also told in store (and it was the Norwich branch, which is HUGE) that they would not be stocking Wii in-store. You would have to pre-order online or there for them to have a Wii delivered for you. Whether this will change in the future as stock becomes more plentiful, who knows.

I'm picking mine up in store on the 8th, and mine's still set to "back-order or pre-release". Interesting to hear they'll be in on Thursday, might try my luck. All the best to everyone else, hope Woolies pulls through!

i pre ordered with woolworths and gamestation. gamesation one garunteed for launch day and woolies i pre ordered in store and payed full prcie there and then...got reciept and as told will get on launch day :-) so 2 wii's for me.......one for ebay i suppose

I'm with woolies, got 20% off the console (or, technically, 19%) due to employee discount and a discount day. Apparently deliveries to store should be there on THURSDAY so the more charming members of the forum may be able to persuade staff to give them the wii on thursday...

I know I'm gonna try.

dude isn't the 20% woolies staff discount day passed? well it is at my store damn so the 10% discount will do, however when the ps3 come i am determine to get the 20%

stocknetwork .co.uk

Seems a useful website to keep track of goings on!

Although doesnt look terribly terribly great regarding us folks stuck on 'back order or pre-release'. Maybe looking at 3-5 days rather than day one.

Who Knooows :hmm:

Wish they'd reply within 42 hours at least.

stocknetwork .co.uk

Seems a useful website to keep track of goings on!

Although doesnt look terribly terribly great regarding us folks stuck on 'back order or pre-release'. Maybe looking at 3-5 days rather than day one.

Who Knooows :hmm:

Wish they'd reply within 42 hours at least.

Dude, just been on there. They guarantee "delivery in launch week". But we're not getting delivery, so all should be cool. Have faith, their net site still has the 8th listed as when they're getting their shipment in-store. Nothing to suggest otherwise.

Everything crossed!

Fair dooo's.! :hehe:

I always get over paranoid.

"Chillax Dude" :santa:

EDIT..

Message From Customer Service 06 Dec 2006

"Nintendo have only shipped part of the promised stock for Nintendo Wii to all retailers within the UK. Due to this, we have only received part of our allocation. We are led to believe by Nintendo that we will receive all stock in time for pre-Christmas delivery. Please accept our apologies for this delay."

You arseholes woolies

Got the same message too. Pissed off. Very pissed off. This means a dash around the shops on December the 8th trying to find limited stock, or an agonising wait. Very very pissed off.

"Nintendo have only shipped part of the promised stock for Nintendo Wii to all retailers within the UK. Due to this, we have only received part of our allocation. We are led to believe by Nintendo that we will receive all stock in time for pre-Christmas delivery. Please accept our apologies for this delay."

NO, I do not accept your apologies. Argh.

Awww, guys! That seriously sucks. :(

It's happened with some Gameplay pre-orderers. Tphi, i've posted it on the mainsite, maybe you'd like to alter it to accomodate WoolWorthes?

Sign in to follow this