NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Do opposites attract?

I went out with a girl for a while that I had loads in common with: similar music taste, subjects taste, and other stuff. But it didn't work.

We ended up being ''just friends''.

I went out with a different girl for a while too who i don't think i had anything in common with, but she was fit.

That ended a lot worse............... names were called........... and basically i told her to f**k off.

So i think i need to find someone in the middle.

Hehe, yeah.

Well, the general replies appear to say that you need to have something in common.

Except Jav, he's just weird.

Cheers buddy!

Look at this way; if you have little in common but can agree to go out somewhere for dinner, you're going to learn alot about that person and soon develop and get into some of the things that the other enjoys over time.

Maybe that's why people are confused by the question because when we're with someone alot, we can often get into things without realising it. Thats what couples do, they share, and it just rubs off. Or, you hate whats trying to rub off onto you and it all ends in tears :p

So, yes you need things in common eventually, but you can start out with little in common and then it just depends on the people if they have positive or negative influence.

Cheers buddy!

Maybe that's why people are confused by the question because when we're with someone alot, we can often get into things without realising it. Thats what couples do, they share, and it just rubs off. Or, you hate whats trying to rub off onto you and it all ends in tears :p

You know, that's really true. It's part of the fun when starting a relationship, the whole sharing factor. I don't mean just relationships, but friendships, too.

I've never had a girlfriend who had vastly different tastes to me. I think i have pretty much something in common with most of my mates. Some of them, it'll be games, but i may not really like their taste in music. A bit part and parcel, i guess.

Same Flinky, I'll say out right i hate most of Letty's music she listens to but at the end of the day if theres something you enjoy doing together like playing computer games (oh hells yeah :)) then its really cool.

This conversation actually came up with my doctor yesterday and we both agree it's a bunch of crap. Opposites only attract when it comes to electricity. One thing is people complementing each other, but totally different people would in fact, hate each other if anything.

Scientists say that they do.

I think, yes, they do and they don't. I know some couples who seem nothing like each other, and others who seem just like each other. I think, that similar opposites attract, if that makes sense. Like *haphazard analogy approaching*, when it comes to magnets, North is attracted to South, and in charges, Positive is attracted to Negative. In the first case, they're both opposites, but within magnets, in the second, they're opposites, but they're both charges. I think opposites do attract, but there needs to be some sort of similarities present too. I feel like this sounded stupid...

Well the least I ask is that their genitals are the opposite to mine. High fiveeee!

Actually shes not that keen on Alan :hmm:

ditch the skank immediately.

I'm not attracted to opposites. Tend to date them though.

Helps to have a few things in common. like liking sex or having the same mother.

(the latter is not true)

Sign in to follow this