NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ZeldaFreak

Viva Pinata Communtiy Thread

Just got word from the xbox forums that Viva is now on sale at Argos. I checked the website and its on there and its out in stores aswell for those who want it early.
Cheers for the heads up. I'm going to go there now and see if I can bag a copy, it's £39.99 according to the website so only a couple quid more than Gameplay.

Edit - result.

Cheers for the heads up. I'm going to go there now and see if I can bag a copy, it's £39.99 according to the website so only a couple quid more than Gameplay.

Yeah I was gonna cancel my Gameplay order and head up and get a copy from Argos but last time I did something like that Gameplay never cancelled my order, the gits. Guess I will have to wait til Thursday unless they ship it early like they did with CoD3.

I really want this. I need to get £40 from somewhere.

PS community is spelt wrong in the title :D

yep it is a kids game-but its more like a kids game made for parents if you get me. it appeals to kids but the gameplay is too deep for kids under 10 and its the gameplay and humour and, well, shaggadelic-ness thats appealing to us bigger kids.

I really want this. I need to get £40 from somewhere.

PS community is spelt wrong in the title :D

Damn if any mod would like to correct this for me it would me most appreciated. Thanks for the heads up there Stefkov

Kids game or not, if something's fun...it's fun!

I think i've come to a decison that i'll ask for it for Christmas. I'd like to hear what some of you guys think about the game first though.

Apparently Rare are going to be adding alot of downloads to this game with 40% free to 60% pay to download, their apparently even going to be adding brand new pinatas. Cool :D

yep it is a kids game-but its more like a kids game made for parents if you get me. it appeals to kids but the gameplay is too deep for kids under 10 and its the gameplay and humour and, well, shaggadelic-ness thats appealing to us bigger kids.

It's a game for everyone. Obviously the bright colours and everything are going to make this appealing to kids and obviously so is a TV show of it.

But if it's got challenge to it, and there's some depth to it, then it's a game that anyone can enjoy. To me this will be like Mario Sunshine, Pikmin, and all of those games that a kid can pick up and play and have fun with, but adults will be able to get a lot out of. Again though, what makes a game 'for kids'? Are we simply saying something easy? Because there's a few bright kids knocking about. Also, are we saying that adults can't play bright and colourful games?

Can't believe I've got an Xbox now and I still can't get away from this kids game shit....

Ha, it has a "Be safe on Xbox Live!!!1!" cartoon on the main menu. I got a kick out of it.

It seems fun enough and it has buckets of the typical Rare charm, my first Pinata was a small worm-like creature called a "Whirlm", I have named him Earthwhirlm Jim. I shall post what I think later, but at the moment it seems like it will be quite enjoyable.

Thanks for the impressions, man I cant wait to play it.

The 2 videos from the series on the Marketplace are quite enjoyable to watch.

I'm probably going to go pick this up tomorrow, because I'm cool.

Fixed

Mine got shipped yesterday from Gameplay so I should recive it today. I have the rest of the week off work now so I will give this a good play through this weekend.

Yeah me to. (Not got work off though :-( But got a good 4 games to be playing this weekend before the Wii weekend next week.

Quite looking forward to this, strangely.

Started playing this and its a very, very cool game. Not just in terms of gameplay but also the looks/style that it uses. It oozes classic RARE which is what I was looking for. I still need to get the hang of juggiling my Pinatas as I have many a species in my garden ( Hyrule ) and im running out of room. Methinks I will get rid of my worms and concentrate on higher value Pinatas.

I also bought both the accessory packs from the Marketplace so I think I should be able to send them to various people on my friendslist ( still need to figure out if I can send more than 1 of the same item ). So, if you want a Mr Pants hat, or Juno Helmet ( JFG FTW! ) let me know.

Did you know you can evolve pinatas, only certain types known at the moment can do this.

I hope rare are going to release more content like downloadable pinatas and what, because all though they did say over 60 species it doesn't seem alot

i think i'm going to have to get this-screw getting an extra Wiimote-2's enough for now.

Just come off it now for a break. I sent Meik a Pinata with the JFG helmet on and he sent me a Duck back. The thing was causing riots in my garden as it kept attacking my other pinatas. I managed to cool it down with a swift blow to the head with my trusty shovel. He also sent me a cool Banjo-Kazooie statue, makes a nice center piece for my garden.

Evil looking creatures keep attacking my defenseless pinatas so again the shovel must come into play, very handy thing is the shovel :)

Just come off it now for a break. I sent Meik a Pinata with the JFG helmet on and he sent me a Duck back. The thing was causing riots in my garden as it kept attacking my other pinatas. I managed to cool it down with a swift blow to the head with my trusty shovel. He also sent me a cool Banjo-Kazooie statue, makes a nice center piece for my garden.

Evil looking creatures keep attacking my defenseless pinatas so again the shovel must come into play, very handy thing is the shovel :)

You can get a sour tower to keep evil creatures coming into your garden only thing is you first have to tame one sour in order to get part of the tower of sour.

You can get a sour tower to keep evil creatures coming into your garden only thing is you first have to tame one sour in order to get part of the tower of sour.

Yeah I already knew, thanks anyway though. Besides I like beating fake little animals to death with a spade, makes me feel like a man!

Again, Gameplay are legends. Despatched yesterday, got it today. Looking forward to having a play of it after dinner. Can't believe a game I (and many others) laughed at, is now all the rage.

Make everyone on your friends list buy the game, because in a recent interview one of the lead designers at rare, says that if their aren't enough people they won't release any new content.

On a slight different note what are the minigames of the lovedances like

Damn you all i need this.

I posted in the 360 thread, but i saw the case for the limited one and its flimsy and feels crap.

I'm glad i didnt order that online, I thought it was a tin case from the pictures.

Sign in to follow this