N-Europe

Internet Bother!

Sarka

I dunno what's going on but a heck of a lot of sites keep not working for me. I get the error message:

The connection has timed out

The server at http://www.n-europe.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

from Firefox.

I dunno what's going on - I assumed server trouble but N-Europe, Weebls-stuff, eBay, GameFAQs and many others won't work.

Any ideas? Ask for more info - I have no idea what you might wanna see.

Wow, this is the 1000th thread in Tech boards :D

Anyway, what ISP are you using? It could just be their fault. My friend recently could only get on Google and Wikipedia, one online game and no IM applications. After we mentioned 101 solutions involving DNS flushing and routers etc - it turned out it was her broadband provider (Orange) accidentally turning a server off.

I dunno what's going on but a heck of a lot of sites keep not working for me. I get the error message:

from Firefox.

Is it just in Firefox? Does Internet Explorer or any other online apps work? Have you got any other computers on the router and Do they work?

Well, I've redone my IP address, no better. BT are my ISP so I don't think that's the problem and no - I'm not on 56k! It does the same on other browsers, though most htings seem to work fine for a few minutes - then it gradually gets worse. Then I can close and open the browser and it's ok again.

Weird.