NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
hicky45

Critics have said that the PS3 will still be dominant of the gaming industry

Console wise, japanese devs have nowhere to put their games other than PS3. Even on that point alone, I reckon PS3 will have its share of success. Will it dominate the market as the critics say? I don't know... somehow that FEELS unlikely to me, but who knows.

One thing I'm sure is that it's unlikely we will be able to accurately measure the success of PS3 until 2 years or so after release. I reckon the consumer-behaviour on PS3 will be somewhat more akin to buying cars and home cinema kits.

I don't know, it's too early to tell as of yet. No one saw the PS1 beating the N64, and no one saw the DS beating the PSP. We could easily see the less powerful system dominate. However there are a lot of variables, Microsoft has a 7 million lead for a start.

I think the Wii will either be a success on a massive scale, or simply flop. I don;t believe there will be an inbetween.

.unless you are a huge japanese rpg fan or metal gear fan there really is no other type of game worth getting on the ps3 that isn't on other consoles.i find that most sony fanboys are mislead.i have yet to find one intelligent one that can make an argument for the ps3 without using metal gear

This has nothing to do with retarded PS3 fanboys and what arguments they can make.

It's about the facts. Facts that are so easily obscured by fanboys when it comes to consoles competing. The PS3 won't fail mate, the brand is far too strong.

Also- "i find that most sony fanboys are mislead"? "You will say wow" is all I can say to that :(

The Wii can be inbetween.

You can't restrict option because that's what you overheard someone else saying 12 months ago.

Wii can do as well as it is recieved. Which can be shit, good or exceptional. Or anywhere inbetween.

I hope Wii doesn't slump like GC did. If it does, then it really it only a two-horse race.

I think Microsoft will win. They're buying out everything left, right and centre.

The Wii can be inbetween.

You can't restrict option because that's what you overheard someone else saying 12 months ago.

Wii can do as well as it is recieved. Which can be shit, good or exceptional. Or anywhere inbetween.

So the Wii can either do well, poorly or inbetween? :heh:

The only difficulty Sony will have is in actually managing to manufacture enough units to meet demand. It took them a year to produce 400,000...

Im actually thinking the 360 will continue to dominate, its a nice piece of kit and affordable to boot! The software selection is looking to be the best too with strong exclusives, tons of PC ports and great 3rd party support (not to mention that most multiformat games play best on 360)

The Wii is on a knife edge, it all depends on how the multiformat titles turn out. If they're good with the Wiimote then the console with sell really well, if theyre not so good then the console will flop

The only difficulty Sony will have is in actually managing to manufacture enough units to meet demand. It took them a year to produce 400,000...

Im actually thinking the 360 will continue to dominate, its a nice piece of kit and affordable to boot! The software selection is looking to be the best too with strong exclusives, tons of PC ports and great 3rd party support (not to mention that most multiformat games play best on 360)

The Wii is on a knife edge, it all depends on how the multiformat titles turn out. If they're good with the Wiimote then the console with sell really well, if theyre not so good then the console will flop

You serious about this post? It seems so counter-intuitive to what the industry has been gearing up to in this new generation. In fact on each point I thought the exact opposite. The contradiction is so vivid and consistent, it's bewildering.

You sound like you are still suffering from the hangovers of the previous generation's stereotyping.

i seriously doubt it due to the Wii selling so well today:heh: .... How well do do you guys think the wii will do considering Nintendo have preditced 4 million to be sold by the years end :)?

well so far they have both sold around 250,000 - but the ps3 is now sold out while the wii has a lot more stock and more coming.

1:The only difficulty Sony will have is in actually managing to manufacture enough units to meet demand. It took them a year to produce 400,000...

2:Im actually thinking the 360 will continue to dominate, its a nice piece of kit and affordable to boot! The software selection is looking to be the best too with strong exclusives, tons of PC ports and great 3rd party support (not to mention that most multiformat games play best on 360)

3:The Wii is on a knife edge, it all depends on how the multiformat titles turn out. If they're good with the Wiimote then the console with sell really well, if theyre not so good then the console will flop

1: are you serious? sony didn't start - by their own admission - making the ps3 until september

2: if thats true, then how come the 360 has sold less in it's first year than xbox1 did? hardly dominating.

3: the wii will live and die by the exclusives that make use of it's remote... not by ports. luckily, it's going to have plenty of both anyway

There wont be a new format, but it's getting a hard drive, a better battery, GPS and a camera apparently.

Sony has fit it all in but the battery doesn't last all that long.

It's to tackle Zune and iPod. I see it failing hard.

True. I've being thinking about buying a second game for the system next to my copie of zelda, but sadly enough, there's nothing out there that truly captures my imagination. All mini-game fests. Mayba Rayman or Monkley Ball, but then we're trough my check lsit... Pretty weak launch, but then again, at least we'll get some this time - at GameCube's we only had three...

I thought Nintendo didn't even consider themselves to be a competition to the other two? I thought they said they were taking a different path and will let the other two battle it out, while they will co-exist next to them.

That seems like the DS' "third pillar" like comment. It's a fall back strategy, so if Nintendo knew that they weren't going to do well, they could use tha. Now that Wii is more or less destined for success (judging by the public reaction) they actually retracted that statement and told us they plan to be market leaders.

Personally, I think alot of the big movements in Nintendos marketing strategy have been Reggie and Iwata's influence. I wouldn't say it was a bad influence either.

No, it's the opposite I think.

They're trying to market Wii as the only gamer centric device.. just as the iPod is the only music centric device.

When you hear people on the news, on websites.. radio.. they don't say mp3 player. They're all saying iPod. (except on the BBC where they get in trouble for all the props they give to Apple when whoring their podcasts) they're told to say generic fruit based mp3 player now.

Just like people used to say "wanna play Nintendo" or "wanna play Sega" because the brand was so monodominant it resonated completely with the idea of gaming.

Say iPod and people will think music.. Nintendo wants people to say Wii and think of gaming.

They're ambitous.. of course we know that other brands have established themselves. The market has diversified.

iPod's advantage was it was first to hit the 1,000 song barrier and affordability.. Nintendo has hit the game barrier and Wii is affordable.. they're on their way.

Sign in to follow this