NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
xernobyl

Are there already any 3rd party component cables available?

yes is USA there are madcatz first week of december.

Despite bad experiences with the cube, i'm giving 3rd parties another shot.

3rd party cables are always inferior. Get the official ones.

They can't be. Unless there's an huge price difference. Cables are cables. They really need to be cheap to be worse.

They can't be. Unless there's an huge price difference. Cables are cables. They really need to be cheap to be worse.

3rd party accessories are always of an inferior quality. Especially Mad Catz and Logic 3 shit.

Check out Amazon, they're selling the Wii Component and RGB SCART cables for £14.99 each, whereas I've seen them listed as high as £24.99 at other sites.

If you've got HDTV get Component, plain and simple; if you plan to take the system to friends or use it on a variety of sets, best bet would be SCART.

Nintendo branded cables are not better than the rest.

Cables are not just cables.

Quality varies hugely in the gold plating and gases injected into the cable.. as well as the flexibility and security of the connection.

Nitrogen inject cables transmit better, gold plated connectors conduct better and the features described are often associated with a product with a high quality insulation and connector.

There is a market for a product that is better than the bog standard Nintendo cable. They often compare roughly equal on price as well.

I would wait unless you are into that attitude that anything with Nintendo on it is better.

http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=1811

$19. Last time I checked the US retail Nintendo composite was $30.

Expect there to be a Wii one available shortly after launch at a competitive price from Monster, if I had a HDTV I'd go with Monster.

Gonna try and tell me the Nintendo one is better? GO FOR IT.

lol @ Nitrogen-injected composite cable

seriously though, for component, sheilding is not so important as there are separate wires.

sheilding is more relevant for RBG where there is one wire

HDMI any old wire will do as its digital

huge profit in cables

Gonna try and tell me the Nintendo one is better? GO FOR IT.

It's still better.

There, I did it. Go sit on a spike.

---

Here comes the real reply.

Even though you linked to a shitty composite cable, I'm going to throw this one out there for everyone anyway. Let's-a-go!

Monster cables are ridiculously overpriced and rarely justify the difference. You're paying for a name. A Monster COMPONENT cable will probably cost more than the official one. If around the Wii launch Monster do sell a Wii cable "competitively priced" (read: cheaper than or equal to) with Nintendo's official one then by all means remind me of this and I shall print out my post, shred it and produce a YouTube video of me eating the ribbons like spaghetti.

Until that day, 3rd party cables < official.

[edit]

Lastly, the cable isn't superior because it has Nintendo's name on it. The cable is superior because of the reason Jordan posted below. Thanks for saving me the trouble.

Nintendo know the ins and outs of a systems outputs far better than a 3rd party ever could.

Its their system... and i agree with Guy go sit in on a spike :P

Well i personaly know that the Nintendo RGB scart cable for the cube gave you a better picture that any of the 3rd party ones.

By the sounds of the madcatz Wii component cable announced in the states in August they are aiming to have a cable out better than the official one. It was listed at $60 compared to the official at $30 and called "Premium" which to me looks like there aiming at the AV enthusiast.

Cables can make a difference, although that difference will only be really noticeable when you have the hardware to back it up. Thats when your comparing like for like BTW i.e component vs component.

Oh and there's usually a happy medium when it comes to cables, on most peoples home systems you might be able to tell the difference between a £5 component cable and a £20 one. But probably not notice any difference between a £20 one and a £80 one.

So if you have a very decent AV setup then the madcatz one will probably make a difference, otherwise you'll probably be best with the nintendo one (which looks gold plated but probably not individually shielded).

Sign in to follow this