Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Reviews Thread

flameboy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Average Review Scores (taken from a now deleted thread)

Zelda = 9/10

Solitanze = 8.8/10

dabookerman = 4/10

fierce Link = ?/10

this thread = "descending faster than zelda"

blender = 9.6/10

Europeon review should be good.

They won't be able to make any comparisons to the PS3. So I guess that will be more postive about the graphics. Also less HD in this county and so hopefully, they will be reviewed on SD or component fed tvs.

Haha, oh Jordan. When will you ever learn?

Yeah, it's a good idea. It worked for E3, so it can work. I think we have to get the timing right. For example, we already have threads for certain games, and virtual console, etc. A post your Miis thread would be too early, as it would get filled with 10 pages or so of nonsense before launch day even arrives.

Saying that, i think i will turn off the option to stop people posting new threads. Just to calm things down. But then, what about if somebody wants to post news? Thats when it becomes troublesome.

just have to say this thread stopping is abit shit for people who start good threads etc... cos everything can't be covered by catch all threads, you know the solution to modding problems is not to stop people threads its to modding (ok I appreciate you guys have other stuff to do, we all do after all have lives outside this place) get more mods, that are on here alot during the day ;) anyway just wanted to get in my 2 cents about that, I'll still be posting just not impressed cos I had a ace thread title planned:

Your Wow Wii Moments... (oh yeah lol)

where every could have posted their divine moment at realising how great the wiimote is, whether it be aiming in red steel, hitting a tennis ball etc...

nevermind its not like I'm bitter:heh:

I mentioned about that in my post:

"If there's anything that you feel needs posting, please contact any one of the admins (those red text guys), or any of the moderators which are related to this forum. You can find their names next to the left of this forum in the main forum page...thing."

So, basically, if you want to create a thread, just PM an admin or mod, and they'll get it up and running for you. :)

IGNORE these if they've been posted already...

IGN MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE REVIEW:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/748/748762p1.html

IGN Monster 4X4 World Circuit Review:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/748/748589p1.html

I'm not going to be posting virtual console reviews, they're stupid and pointless of course most of them are going to score mediocre. VC games should be classified as either buy or don't buy as a lot of users on this forum have suggested.

"If there's anything that you feel needs posting, please contact any one of the admins (those red text guys), or any of the moderators which are related to this forum. You can find their names next to the left of this forum in the main forum page...thing."

So, basically, if you want to create a thread, just PM an admin or mod, and they'll get it up and running for you. :)

Can i ask, do we really have such a fluctuation of 10 year olds on this forum that you must state that admins have red lettered usernames?

Can i ask, do we really have such a fluctuation of 10 year olds on this forum that you must state that admins have red lettered usernames?

it really isn't that obvious for new members.Might get confused between red blue and green

If you look on the main forum interface thing (which shows all the boards), head down towards the bottom. You'll see currently active users.

Now, say somebody signs up to the site and doesn't have a clue who the admins or mods are. The colours make those in question, admins and mods, stand out. Ergo, easier to find/contact.

I'm not going to be posting virtual console reviews, they're stupid and pointless of course most of them are going to score mediocre. VC games should be classified as either buy or don't buy as a lot of users on this forum have suggested.

Feel like I should make a comment to stay on topic. hmm

Interesting that they penalise Marvel for looking like a Cube/PS2 game. This was my tip for a good score.

Gimiicky controllers again. You also wonder, that reviewers get fed up after a short time with the game. If I buy it I will spend more time with it and get more fed up.

i really thought marvel would have scored higher.i might consider it still.Looks fun

If you look on the main forum interface thing (which shows all the boards), head down towards the bottom. You'll see currently active users.

Now, say somebody signs up to the site and doesn't have a clue who the admins or mods are. The colours make those in question, admins and mods, stand out. Ergo, easier to find/contact.

Yes, but I mean, the new member surely would contact an admin regardless.

I'm just saying, it feels like nursery sometimes.

I mean don't get me started on the Red and Blue, colour blind people have it hard enough as it is.

Yeah, i agree. This should remain on topic. If anyone wants to comment on this any further, then please take it up through PM.

So yeah, back on topic.

People have a right to comment on this because it is ridiculous, and doing it through PMs isn't going to work as you won't take any notice unless the majority of the forum demands it.

Why are there posts about the boards? This is a games reviews thread, not a N-Europe forums reviews thread.

There are threads established for the very purpose of discussing issues about the forums and:

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=288920#post288920

or

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3039

or pretty much any topic under the "board news and issues" section.

On a personal note, i've achieved a new personal record for myself, 100 posts in one topic. I constitute about 10% of all posts in this thread.

Thanks for making that sound so patronising and belittling.

Absolute nonsense

Couldn't agree more.

Sorry F_L think your just getting the brunt of my frustration on this point, had come on tonight wanting to start a thread, only to find I couldn't. Don't take it personally ;)

I just don't see how putting in a request to start a thread then waiting for it to be put forward, then what has to get approved, so labourious for something that for the most part, most of us know how to do sensibly. Don't remember this being done at cube launch (correct me if I'm wrong) and that went fine...

Thanks for making that sound so patronising and belittling.

Couldn't agree more.

Sorry F_L think your just getting the brunt of my frustration on this point, had come on tonight wanting to start a thread, only to find I couldn't. Don't take it personally ;)

I just don't see how putting in a request to start a thread then waiting for it to be put forward, then what has to get approved, so labourious for something that for the most part, most of us know how to do sensibly. Don't remember this being done at cube launch (correct me if I'm wrong) and that went fine...

Precisely, i mean, what is so hard by putting the lock/delete button on silly uneeded threads. Getting pms and all this other crap seems much more labourious.

People have a right to comment on this because it is ridiculous, and doing it through PMs isn't going to work as you won't take any notice unless the majority of the forum demands it.

Firstly, read my last post.

Secondly, as i've mentioned in the meaningless post thread, launch day isn't going to be easy. Staff have other commitments too, including work, school/uni, and don't forget that we are also gamers, too.

Now, unless you particularly want a thousand or so threads about the same thing, then we really don't have many other options. This option worked fine for E3, and as a result, the board wasn't "spammed to death."

Thirdly, i take into account everyone's opinions. I can see why you are all a bit miffed, but then the staff also have the experience of these kinds of things. We tried this with E3, and it saved the boards from being swamped with too many threads about the same thing.

Plus, i don't agree with the whole "if everyone posts this, the mods/admins will cave under pressure." That isn't the way to do things. We do what is best for the forum. If what you want is an organised forum, and we're saying that the forum will be organised due to us creating the sufficient threads (and plus, you are able to post suggestions for threads via PMs to us), then what the hell is the problem?

You want organisation? You got it.

Lastly, Solitanze is right, we have threads for this sort of thing. Can we please have no more of this discussion in this thread, please?

Edit: Whoa, Flameboy! I didn't mean for it to sound patronising, and i'm sorry if it did. My apologies.

Anyway, as i said to the3rdchildren in my reply to him earlier in this thread, it could be a bit too early for this kind of thing. This is still under discussion with the rest of the staff, but we may turn off the option to "stop people posting threads" until later this week. Like i said, we're thinking of the best way to do things. If its too early, then its too early.

Anyway, no more of this in this thread

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!