NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darthbane2k

Pre ordered Wii from HMV store? be AFRAID,

If you pre ordered a Wii from a HMV store, be prepared for another xbox360 launch type fiasco.

These jokers of a retailer STILL cannot confirm stock allocations, even though all the other major retailers can and have. They even say that Nintendo have not confirmed allocations with them yet.

HMV claim that they will let customers know whether they will have a wii two or three days before the launch day. They claim that its a while before launch so theres no rush to confirm allocations yet. Of course, if two or three days before launch you find out you are unlucky, you are SCREWED.

well as a hmv employee I would feel should try and defend them again as I done many a time..check out my long post in the preorders thread....

but this time im not gonna... it does seem like madness

and its all based on the companies overall policy on allocating stock to its stores. of course hmv as a company will have got their allocation, but they will be leaving it to decide how much store gets, based on how many they preorder and what thier current games sales are like. so rather than send 10 to every store (for example) they will scale them out so only the stores with the greater sales posiblities will get 10+ its jsut the way they do everything with all thier stock allocations for cd's etc...

it is stupid, at the branch i work at we are just taking preorder after preorder after preorder... we are 40 odd the moment and rising, it seems like madness, seem as we hardly got any 360's...

i have to admit i dont know what is going on, as soon as i find out i will post here.

yeah you see why they've said this is because that is when the final allocations will likely come up on computers, when we have new games releases on the fridays we usually can look on the computer on the saturday to see how many have been central allocated to us, but sometimes this isnt the case and it isnt until during the week. wor we really need to do is have a completely seperate way of doing such preorders...

sucks i know but its not just the sales assistants attitude it is an actual mentality of the company, that they don't know till then.

If you pre ordered a Wii from a HMV store, be prepared for another xbox360 launch type fiasco.

These jokers of a retailer STILL cannot confirm stock allocations, even though all the other major retailers can and have. They even say that Nintendo have not confirmed allocations with them yet.

HMV claim that they will let customers know whether they will have a wii two or three days before the launch day. They claim that its a while before launch so theres no rush to confirm allocations yet. Of course, if two or three days before launch you find out you are unlucky, you are SCREWED.

Nintendo havent confirmed stock allocations yet, HMV arent lying. The Preorders at Game, Gamestation etc are based on the minimum number of units those retailers will be getting from Nintendo. Nintendo will tell all the retailers how many units they will have between launch and Christmas some time within the next week, the retailers then have to figure out how many are going to each store. Once that is done and numbers have been confirmed HMV will be able to tell you if you have a succesfull preorder or not.

If not, dont despair. Im 99% sure Tesco will get some stock, a company with their kind of buying power isnt going to be left out. Go down to your local store at about 11:30pm on the 7th and wait for them to put Wii on sale (might want to check afew days before that they actually will have them in).

Nintendo havent confirmed stock allocations yet, HMV arent lying.

You sure about this?

Why is it then that other retailers have been able to speciifcly confirm the number of units they will recieve on launch day?

You sure about this?

Why is it then that other retailers have been able to speciifcly confirm the number of units they will recieve on launch day?

Thats what i want to know... how comes some know and some dont? i mean Game wouldnt have sent out those letters if they didnt know how many they where getting.

i thought retailers did actually know how many they were getting, either way hmv stores wont know till the week before at the earliest

Thats what i want to know... how comes some know and some dont? i mean Game wouldnt have sent out those letters if they didnt know how many they where getting.

I got a reply from Gameplay earlier today after I asked about if/when they'd be sending confirmations, saying that:

Nintendo hasn't told us (or any other UK retailer) how many units have been allocated, so the best you'll get from anyone at this point is an educated guess.

I'm not an HMV employee but I feel I have to stand up for them here. GAME probably know a ballpark minimum figure that the whole company will be getting, and have split that number up for their stores. Alternatively, GAME really do know how many they are getting, good for them. But saying all the other retailers know is a complete falsehood as we all know here.

Gamestation, for example, do not know their Wii allocation yet. This sort of thing isn't the fault of the retailers, it's Nintendo not being able to decide yet how many units they will have come December 8th. After all, if they allocate too early they might have spare units sitting in a warehouse and stores might not be able to get them in time for launch.

While I was in Woolworths they said they were getting 5000 but most will gon on preorders then the rest will be shipped to larger stores.

I was told the exact same thing as you darthbane when I asked instore. Found it a little annoying but I'm feeling quite comfortable that I'll get one at launch, I did pay for my preorder way back in the middle of September. *fingers crossed*

I have an even worse HMV nightmare! Flameboy, perhaps you could spread some light on my situation because I am severly panicking!

I preordered my Wii from HMV in Covent Garden back in September, but I went in this week to double check my position on the queue and I wasn't on it! They had taken my deposit but not added me to their computer system! The guy behind the desk took my details again on paper (I still have my preorder receipt) and said I 'should' get one at launch but didn't say where I was on the queue. Do you know if it is possible to add me back into my correct place in the queue on the computer? I'm going back in this week to make sure.

If my preorder was logged correctly I'd at least be in the Top 15 which, for a London store, will probably get me a good chance of getting a Wii, but I'm really worried that I'm not even in that queue! Argh!!

Quit your bloody whinging, there will be stores with them on launch day.

I'm going into town at 8am just to ask around who is going to have stock available... then I'll start queuing at 9am when I find a store.

Pre-orders are for cry babies.

Any reply about me crying on launch day if I can't get a system will be a bannable offence.

I don't believe that no retailers know their allocation yet since GAME have sent out confirmations and online retailers (some) are saying people will get on for launch day.

Any reply about me crying on launch day if I can't get a system will be a bannable offence.

I dont really care ,i'll still laugh at you.

I'm going into town at 8am just to ask around who is going to have stock available... then I'll start queuing at 9am when I find a store.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry

I wouldnt hold your breath.

right been at work today, everyone seems to reckon we wont find out till week before and will call round then, problem is....you may only get a confirmation call if you have one, not if you are missing out, apparently this is what they do sometimes.... i dont know wasnt there for 360 launch.

I remember going into HMV to pick up a Gameboy Micro on launch day (yeah i brought a Gameboy Micro :heh: ) the cheeky gits told me to come back later because the delivery hadnt turned up yet!

I walked up the road and brought one from Game ... that was the last time i went to HMV to get stuff on release

Sign in to follow this