N-Europe

The Flaming Lips Experience

Fierce_LiNk

A few weeks ago, me and my girlfriend decided to get some tickets to go see these guys. It was on a bit of a whim, so i wasn't sure how it would have turned out.

I went to see them yesterday, and it was the best gig i've ever been to. First of all, you've got to understand that the band are quite, well..trippy.

When the gig started, you had the usual flashing lights and intro music. This gig was different. It had dancing Santa's and giant aliens on the sides of the stage. They danced throughout the whole gig. Then, the singer actually stood inside a giant ball as it was inflated around him. The santa's then proceeded to push the ball into the crowd! It was just like real life monkey ball, but with a man!

There was lots of confetti shot out of cannons into the crowd. Very, very pretty. It felt proper christmassy. :)

The music itself was also great, top notch. They got a massive roar from the crowd when do you realise got played, as well as the yeahyeahyeah song.

This gig had everything. Great music, and great humour from the crowd and the band.

There was one incident where one person had an epileptic fit due to the lights, and the band were considerate to let her receive medical attention before carrying on.

But yeah, really really great gig. I urge you to go see them. Its more than just a music gig, its an experience in itself.

I like the Flaming Lips. Sounds like you had a great time Flinky but erm i was at the Noel Gallagher Acoustic Gig. Mwhahaha

Get the hell out of my thread.

Damn you, i'd kill to see Noel Gallagher. I'd happily kill you to see him.

But yeah, go see the flaming lips everyone. If you don't, i'll be very upset.

Get the hell out of my thread.

Damn you, i'd kill to see Noel Gallagher. I'd happily kill you to see him.

But yeah, go see the flaming lips everyone. If you don't, i'll be very upset.

Just bring it Flinkymon :kiss:

Well if people dont go see flaming lips at least buy their newest album. It's pretty good.

Or you could watch my videos from Noel Gallagher: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=platty182

/hijack

Im probably not a fan of the Flaming Lips... and Im sure Im not a fan of Noel Gallagher... but still, the Flaming Lips gig sounds like it was a great night! Personally I was seeing Muse on Saturday night, and I can assure you it was far better than anything. There was great music, the trademark Muse balloons full of confetti flying around, Dom was in this amazing thing o' lights, there were screens with class effects and stuff being shown and the general lighting set up was just first class. I dont think you can top that, so ha!

Im probably not a fan of the Flaming Lips... and Im sure Im not a fan of Noel Gallagher... but still, the Flaming Lips gig sounds like it was a great night! Personally I was seeing Muse on Saturday night, and I can assure you it was far better than anything. There was great music, the trademark Muse balloons full of confetti flying around, Dom was in this amazing thing o' lights, there were screens with class effects and stuff being shown and the general lighting set up was just first class. I dont think you can top that, so ha!

I'm going to see them in a few weeks, at the Wembley Arena. So, we'll see! :D

It's an early Christmas Present for my girlfriend, as she's a massive Muse fan. I like them too, but nowhere on the scale that she does. Still, i have high hopes for this. :)

I saw the Lips on Monday. Great stuff. I loved the lighting, particularly the intense strobe-lighting during W.A.N.D. They certainly used huge background screen effectively; some of the videos were very impressive. And then there was Bohemian Rhapsody... genius.

I saw the Lips on Monday. Great stuff. I loved the lighting, particularly the intense strobe-lighting during W.A.N.D. They certainly used huge background screen effectively; some of the videos were very impressive. And then there was Bohemian Rhapsody... genius.

Heeeey, glad you enjoyed it. :)

Did they use the background with the naked girl? She starts out 'drawn' with stars and effects, and then eventually she appears drawn in with flesh colour and stuff. That was my favourite vid.

Heeeey, glad you enjoyed it. :)

Did they use the background with the naked girl? She starts out 'drawn' with stars and effects, and then eventually she appears drawn in with flesh colour and stuff. That was my favourite vid.

Dirty dirty. I think its high time this thread saw some lockage if its gonna be lowered to such depths as that- as if it being a Flaming Lips discussion wasnt enough incentive to lock it up and throw away the key :heh: