N-Europe

Me on DeviantART? Never saw that coming.

Cube

TitleTemplatw_03_DeviantART.jpg

So, here I am trying to read Albert Einstein's "Relativity: The Special and General Theory." (for a coursework project) which isn't really the best thing to do when you are feeling ill. So, I thought, as I can't concentrate on the book, I would do something else. I'd been told about DeviantArt, so, why not make one myself?

If someone told me 2 years ago that I would have my own account on an art site, and posted my own work, I would of died of laughter at how pathetic and totally unlikely it would be. I can hardly draw stickmen, see, and my skills in "Paint" are better left unseen. So, when did this change? Well, it was upon beign given a game called Star Trek: Bridge Commander. I found out that the game was modifiable, and so I gave it a go myself. I started off just modifying the code, but soon went to discover that I could use Adobe Photoshop and 3DS Max.

So, what started out as messing with a computer game, soon turned in to half a hobby. I started by kitbashing models (sticking bits together), but soon went on to making my own models, learning by making everyday objects. So, my works aren't exactly the best, but, as someone who can't do art, I'm pleased with them.

One thing I am good as, tho, is research. Because of this I have created all the planets in the Sol System (plus Pluto - with a fictional texture, and the Moon). All to scale, too. (I've even convinced some people why Pluto should not be a planet using them).

So, see my album at: http://djcube.deviantart.com

So, who else has a DeviantART gallery?

(note: I just copied this from my blog, (which is ATM unfinished itself) hence the image)