NEurope
triforce_keeper

Windows Vista Beta?

Hi, thinking of downloading this but wondering whether I could still play all my games and stuff. Vista just looks so beautiful....

So will everything still work on there? Replys would be very much appreciated :D

I wouldn't recommend it, i've heard nothing but bad things about people getting the BETA version. It's best to stick with XP until Vista is out properly, and has most of it's bugs fixed.

Vista just looks so beautiful....

Ahem

that's just way cooler than vista. And it doesn't require the most advanced pc available to look that good.

I think that vista should be able to run games fine. Since gaming is probably the only valid reason to get it. Don't know about the beta though. Maybe you should google some user reviews?

Hold out, wait for it to get more stable man. Especially if it's compatibility you are after.

yah i tested Vista Beta for a while loads of bugs it's not worth it and it has huge compability problems. RC1 i heard is a lil better but i didn't even bother to install it... I heard RC2 is actually stable enough to use as a regular OS but it's no longer available i think...

I wouldn't bother, I'm running RC2 which I believe is only available to MSDN subscribers, and it isn't ready yet. I believe you would be running the beta 2 version which is worse, but I had to get a new network card as nvidia dont yet support vista so my nforce drivers for XP were no good. Also to play wow I have to run it in windowed mode otherwise I get tearing so bad I can't play.

Other than that it is ok :)

I installed Vista a week or so ago. (dual boot with XP). (RC1)

- Most programs have to be installed again (expected that, tho) (I haven't actually tried any games yet)

- Some of my devices don't have Vista drivers yet (TV card, Nintendo WiFi Conector, My laptops built-in memory card reader)

- Security features are plain annoying

- It just seems like XP with a skin and some minor modifications.

I have RC2 Vista installed and Need for Speed: Most Wanted runs horrible compared to on XP. And this is on a E6700, 2gb ram , 7900GS.

I thought that games would suffer a similar performance hit as they did in win98->xp (few % slower on xp) But apparently the vista is still a long way from that.

How they managed to screw up aero though is beyond me. The system requirements are just plain stupid.

Downloaded it and I've got to say I'm impressed :D

Everything working fine and whoever designed vista should have a big pat on the back.

Its so smooth and modern. Lovely colours and stuff. My rating, 9/10.

Reason teh 1 is knocked off is the fact that the installing was a bit confusing.

This is really annoying me now. I have a 6-in-1 Card Reader on my Acer Aspire 3023WLMi, but Vista won't detect it. I've tried google for drivers, but no luck.

Does anyone know of a possible solution?

This is really annoying me now. I have a 6-in-1 Card Reader on my Acer Aspire 3023WLMi, but Vista won't detect it. I've tried google for drivers, but no luck.

Does anyone know of a possible solution?

There probably aren't any drivers yet, my brother had this problem with his soundcard, he went back to XP.

K, I'll just boot up my XP install when I need to use it (same with my TV Card, Nintendo WiFi USB Connector, and a few programs that I don't want to reinstall - some are already installed in XP).

Actually, until the driver situation is fixed, I think I'll stick to XP.

Hey guys, I've got a couple of questions about vista. Sure it's been asked before but had a search and couldn't find anything.

Firstly, can someone recommend me a program that will let me install vista while still keep my xp installation safe and untouched and able to be got at at any time.

Secondly and what I really want to know is... Well, I've got a 64bit ready processor. I'm running 32bit version of XP but I think Vista is a 64bit operating system? or something... (I don't fully understand all this so please bear with me!) Now, say I install half life, which I think had a 64bit compatibility option (?) what are the main differences I'll see? I've got an -okay- graphics card but it certainly doesn't pump out a smooth frame rate on max graphics settings. Would this improve if I ran the 64 bit version? Also, with media player, what are the differences there between the 32 and 64bit options?

Thanks for any help!