NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Samdecahedron

I need a new graphics cars. I'm confused.

Right, i wanted to play games on my PC. Last month i upgraded my RAM. This month i need to buy a good graphics card. BUT! I have no idea which type will work with/fit my PC. Any help would be great, as i don't want to spend a ton of money on something that won't work.

EDIT:I'm fully aware i put graphics cars. I have a screwed up moniter, so i can't see what i'm typing!!

EDIT:I'm fully aware i put graphics cars. I have a screwed up moniter, so i can't see what i'm typing!!

Damn it, I wanted to jump in and ask where I can get graphic cars from.

And I also back-up triforce_keeper's post about the 7600GT. Excellent card for the price, and is definitely the best option if you plan on holding out for DX10 cards.

I've got a BFG 7600GT, and that can be found on overclockers.co.uk for about £90. On the CSS stress test at 1400x900 with full wack everything I get results of around 120fps.

But if you're having probs reading text you could also get a new monitor.

I third the 7600GT reccomendation. Though if you really want to splash out, the 7900GTX

I also have a 7600GT, as I am holding out for DX10. You need to give us some more info tho, do you have PCI-express on your motherboard, or is it AGP?

If you don't know what the hell I am on about, open your case, take a good quality picture and we will let you know.

If its AGP you may aswell just buy a whole new mobo. Although you can get the 7600GT in AGP, but it's about £150+ I think.

But I seriously think you should get a new motherboard, as AGP is obsolete now really.

7600GS is available at overclockers in AGP for £105.

I would just get that then, as soon as you get a new motherboard you have to upgrade all sorts and it just isnt worth it if you have just spent money on RAM.

Why isn't there anyone here recommending a ATI card?

I converted when I got my new pc :D Used to have a radeon 7500 all-in-wonder, then a 9800pro... don't think either is better than the other in terms of ATI and nVidia....

Why isn't there anyone here recommending a ATI card?

Because right now Nvidia are better than ATi in every market apart from high end.

You see I'm buying a new PC very soon, but I tought a RADEON X1900XT 256MB would be the better solution as I hear it had a slightly higher clock than its Nvidia equivalent. Any thoughts?

The last agp graphics card that is of any use is 7800 GS. It's a bit pricey though.

7600GS is reasonable, had to buy one to replace 9700pro because ASUS send me a pci express mobo instead of agp one. (the old one broke and was under warranty) Can't say much about it though, other than it runs ET fine :) And has some horrible issues with cs1.6 some sprites appears as black boxes(e.g raindrops on aztec if you have cl_weather 1). And the colors on videos are sometimes messed up too.

@Shino: I have a 512Mb version of the card. I read somewhere (think it was on tom's hardware or something...)that the 256 one is a good value for money card. Though I may be able to update my card's bios to be a full x1900xtx. But that voids warranty and I'm pretty happy with it now.

Nah, the 7600GS sucks noodles. There's a handsome 7600GT for £140 on there that's much more worth your while.

@Shino: I have a 512Mb version of the card. I read somewhere (think it was on tom's hardware or something...)that the 256 one is a good value for money card. Though I may be able to update my card's bios to be a full x1900xtx. But that voids warranty and I'm pretty happy with it now.

Yeah that's what I thought. I was thinking of buying the 512 version, but with the debut of Direct3D 10, I prefer the cheaper version that I'll be able to sell later without much loss.

Nah, the 7600GS sucks noodles. There's a handsome 7600GT for £140 on there that's much more worth your while.

Yeh, I saw that. But then I thought it may be out of his budget considering he doesn't want to change his mobo.

Only problem with the 7600GS's is that they use DDR2. But for the price, it's decent. Think there is actually a 7600GS on there for £80-£90.

I´m also thinking about buying a new video card and i´m deciding between 2 different cards: nVidia 7600 GT 256MB or a Ati Radeon X850 XT 256MB

Theres pretty much no price difference on them where i´m buying them so can tell anyone tell me wich is superior?

Sign in to follow this