NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
gj15987

Connecting Wii to the Net

So like...at home I can connect my DS to my router no problem...however at uni, to connect to the net you have to first connect to 1 network, and then connect to a VPN to access the net :S Don't ask me why, I don't have a clue...therefore I can't connect my DS to the net without buying one of the Nintendo adapter. No problem...thing is, i'm not too bothered about using the DS online while at uni, but I will want to use my Wii online.

So now the question, lol...does anyone know if Nintendo have said whether the Wii will work with the DS wireless adapter?

The Wii will work with your Nintendo USB Connector or another usb adaptor. You can use a wi-fi router too, i think.

The console had better have online Wi-Fi aswell, NGamer recently pointed out that they have said nothing on the matter for months now.

The Wii will work with your Nintendo USB Connector or another usb adaptor. You can use a wi-fi router too, i think.

you can use any wirless router that is insecure or uses wep security :)

the wii will not work with the usb connecter out now, the usb connecter is not powerfull enough. (mentioned by a nintedo executive) :shakehead

to use a wired router you need an ethernet kit :nono:

the ds uses the "b" standard. the wii could use either "b" or "g" : peace:

The console had better have online Wi-Fi aswell, NGamer recently pointed out that they have said nothing on the matter for months now.

What do you mean by "online Wi-Fi"?

If you mean online play, that will come in time. Pokemon Battle Revolution is online from launch, but only in Japan.

What do you mean by "online Wi-Fi"?

If you mean online play, that will come in time. Pokemon Battle Revolution is online from launch, but only in Japan.

Sorry I wasn't very specific, I meant online multiplayer. Nintendo haven't actually told us when we can expect it, from what titles and how it will work yet. So can I not use my USB Wi-Fi connector?

Sorry I wasn't very specific, I meant online multiplayer. Nintendo haven't actually told us when we can expect it, from what titles and how it will work yet. So can I not use my USB Wi-Fi connector?

Actually they have; It'll be in 2007, Sometime in spring I expect, as I think Smash Footy 2 & BWii are online...I think

Where's this news then that I can't use my Nintendo Connector to go online?

was there any? Nintendo said when they released it that you will be able to use it for the wii as well.

the wii will not work with the usb connecter out now, the usb connecter is not powerfull enough. (mentioned by a nintedo executive) :shakehead

:( Who said that?

:( Who said that?

I was going to ask, too, as the only bandwidth limitation mentioned, so far, is in the DS hardware; there is an interview, from some time ago, where a Buffalo executive stated that the USB dongle would work with both the DS and (at that time) the Revolution.

I was going to ask, too, as the only bandwidth limitation mentioned, so far, is in the DS hardware; there is an interview, from some time ago, where a Buffalo executive stated that the USB dongle would work with both the DS and (at that time) the Revolution.

mmm yeah, i remember that, and thats why I've stuck by saying that to quite a few people. I'mm be going with the ethernet route, providing my usb to ethernet adaptor works and/or the nintendo is cheap.

The dongle is powerful enough. Its wireless 'b' standard, it will work.

Unless anyone that can provide a source that says otherwise....

Sign in to follow this