N-Europe

WTF? New series of SG1 on Sky One... NOW

Mokong

Ok did anyone else know that the new season of Stargate SG1 was starting on Sky One tonight?

Was there any advertising or anthing?

Because i saw nothing till about 15mins ago when i was watching The Simpsons and after the ad break they said "after this the new SG1 begins"

haha Platty what you been watching the last 8 years?

well i enjoyed that, though a shame they killed the Russian crew i liked that Russian general, shame we won't get to see him again.

And damn these Ori ships look nigh on unstoppable, hope they don't reach Earth.

*note to Americans (or others) who already saw this... NO SPOILERS PLEASE*

OMG, new Stargate Atlantis also.... how come they never advertised these?

Is there a new Battlestar Galactica coming soon also?

I cant stand Mitchell, just a pointless character.

I hadnt realised that season 10 was starting tonight either until i turned it on at half time. Ive seen all the ones aired in the US already but hopefully we'll get through more episodes before it comes back to the US like weve done before.

I like Mitchell, but as has been said, O'Niell is a legend, i was trying to imagine what he would have done if he was on tonights ep, it would have been great.

Mitchell makes good attempts to emulate Jacks humour but when he does first thing that comes to mind is, Jack would have said it a little bit better

no the 10th season of course, i don't think the 11th even started in America

actually now that i think of it, did they ever finish showing season 10 in USA after sci-fi cancelled it? and will there be an 11th season?

No they didn't finish series 10 in the US, stopped halfway through and we should end up getting the second half before they do.

And no, there will be no series 11, good thing too if you ask me, it should have ended at the end of series 8, this Ori shit is crap.

OMG, new Stargate Atlantis also.... how come they never advertised these?

They've been advertising them for at least a couple of weeks with an exact date and had coming soon ads for over a month I think.

They've been advertising them for at least a couple of weeks with an exact date and had coming soon ads for over a month I think.

well they didn't do a good job then, i watch sky every day and never saw it, would you know anything on when the next season of Battlestar Galactica will start on Sky One?

Stargate SG-1 movies coming to DVD

MGM has given a green light for the show's creators to produce two direct-to-DVD movies based on SG-1. Executive producer Brad Wright let TV Guide in on the news this week.

"It's the climax of the Ori story line," Wright said of the first film. The movie will tie up the loose ends from the show's tenth season, which is expected to conclude its U.S. television run in June. The film will be written and directed by current SG-1 executive producer and show-runner Robert C. Cooper.

The SG-1 cast is not signed for the movies yet, but are said to be "very eager" to continue.

Wright will pen the second film, which will involve time travel.

The producers have previously expressed a desire to set up a third Stargate television series with a film -- but it isn't confirmed yet whether or not this second movie will do just that.

The studio is targetting a fall 2007 release for both projects -- just a few months after Stargate SG-1 ends its historic, 10-year run on cable television.

It's entirely possible that the movies will also be aired on television -- something SCI FI commonly does with direct-to-DVD movies.

"They're not big-budget [films] by any definition, but for us it's pretty good," Wright told TV Guide. "As we've proven over the years, just give us little more money and we can make pretty good television, or DVDs."

"There's a sense of an era for us ending," he said, "but at the same time, we're all positive because of the prospect of continuing forward with movies and the introduction next year of Stargate Worlds, a massive multiplayer online game."

Via gateworld.net

well they didn't do a good job then, i watch sky every day and never saw it, would you know anything on when the next season of Battlestar Galactica will start on Sky One?

You must've been watching it at the wrong times then, and as for BSG, no idea, maybe in the new year.