NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
zatoichi

What do you think?

This is the new PC we're getting. I have no say.

"Titan Vantage" AMD Athlon 64 3200+ System (FS-009-OK)

- AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice CPU

- AMD approved cooler

- Asus A8N-E nForce4 Ultra PCI-Express Motherboard

- GeIL 1GB Value (2x512MB) DDR PC3200 CAS2.5 Dual Channel Kit

- 160GB Western Digital Serial ATA-2 8mb Cache Hard Drive

- Leadtek GeForce 6800 256MB DDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card

- Pioneer DVR-110 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter

- Onboard 6 Channel Audio

- Floppy Drive

- Arctic Cooling Silentium Silent Midi Tower Case

- Seasonic True 350W Silent ATX Power Supply

ArcticCooling_Case.jpg

Any good?

very very decent, but you're probably paying waaaaay too much. But since your parents are paying, and you can use it, you'll be living it pretty large ;)

the unit itself is £635 (£549 excl. VAT)

We have to buy lots of shit separately, 19inch LCD monitor, Altec Lansing 2100 Enhanced 2.1 speakers, logitech wireless keyboard and mouse...

with tax and shipping, it comes to just over £1,100

We have to buy lots of shit separately, 19inch LCD monitor, Altec Lansing 2100 Enhanced 2.1 speakers, logitech wireless keyboard and mouse...

O.O

That's pretty pricey but hey, at least you're not paying it ;)

If you built it yourself you could half the price I think, but you don't have the tech support and stuff like that. Enjoy it though :D

Thats seriously expensive - but the speakers your getting, I have, and let me say that they are bluudy brilliant. Fantastic clarity. So thats ok.

You are paying over the odds, I mean you could build that for about £500 and get all the extras for another £200 or so, but since your not paying for it then theres no real issue.

Besides, none of us went to PC building college.

Theres your problem then.

Besides, none of us went to PC building college.

Neither have I, I just watched an ICT dude build one once and then did it myself from that day on :heh:

As long as you're not lumped with an "Intel Extreme" graphics chip then you'll be in a better poisition than I am -_-

-_-<: @~@ X=XY "8" NcN

0\/UL8r

As long as you're not lumped with an "Intel Extreme" graphics chip then you'll be in a better poisition than I am -_-

-_-<: @~@ X=XY "8" NcN

0\/UL8r

Hey man you should be thankfull im still using onboard graphics from the windows 2000/98

times,i cant just about run unreal tuorenment (the original one)

On the subject of the OPs pc though ,it is good but the case is unconventional and not particularly graet,and the PSU is a bit low on power.

motherboard and gpu are very good though.

Can anyone provide a series of links that go to the parts, or equivalent to those, mentioned above that would mean I could build the above comp for less than £645 factoring in V.A.T.? Cases, wires, leads, everything has to be listed.

Half the price if you build it yourself? Prove it people.

If you want ready made then go for DELL. They have cracking deals right now with 2GB RAM and 19" monitor standard on some pc's. GFx cards are rubbish but you could buy that seperate for alot less anyway.

Yeah, some of the Dell deals look nice, but Dell themselves.... I just don't like them. Sorry :P

Well, it should be delivered later today or tomorrow, so I'll let you know how I'm getting on with it.

Sign in to follow this