N-Europe

Bad Picture Quality on New Lcd

ggamer

hmm my dad bought it for me, doesn't really know much about tv's. Hmm the rgb scart cable has some good reviews on amazon and is only £1.50 or something from liksang (assuming i dont have to pay delivery) might as well give it a go for that price.

Make sure you're using the right cable it should be the one supplied with your monitor. Also, remember the Cube runs at 640X480 so its not gunna look all that great on a monitor.

Even with prog scan, you'll still have to suffer with a low quality picture since the GCN and Wii's picture will be scaled upwards to your LCD's native resolution (Normally 1366 x 768)

The only way to get a perfect picture is by getting a TV that is natively 480p. That's 640x480 (4:3 standard) or 852x480 (16:9 Widescreen) but that means foregoing HDTV. Some Plasmas are said to be quite good at scaling (42px60 I've heard good things about) and they tend to be much better than LCD for scaling but obviously they're still not quite perfect and of course, they're much more expensive than LCD.

Sucks!