N-Europe

Photoshop learning

KKOB

Hey, I've just got Photoshop CS2 and i'm trying to get to grips with it so i was wondering if you have any general tips, techniques etc to help me in my creative adventures?

first off i would like to know how you get cool looking text in photoshop as none of the fonts preinstalled are decent.

thanks!!!

Anyone know a good wite that teaches Adobe photoshop for free and starting from the basics?? Dont tell me to google it

that would be great.

sincerely,

Shoe

[edit by Shorty]

Merged your thread into this thread which has been created recently on a similar topic. As well as the links on this page, try the sticky thread about tutorials.

ohh when will cs3 come out?If its not out already?
CS3 is gonna be showcased for the first time on 7th September...

Site of the event:

-> http://www.photoshopworld.com/

As for coming out; Q1/Q2 2007

Not much is different between CS1 and CS2 that I can tell anyways, but CS3 is supposed to be a fair bit different.
I notice, once you learn how to use what CS2 introduced you never want to go back.

It's not a miles and hills diference, but noticeable when working.

Anyone know a good wite that teaches Adobe photoshop for free and starting from the basics??
I don't advise you on that, first explore the program, try all the main tools in a open document, and see what they do, then... start meddling with the basics, I can tell you that shift, ctrl and alt normally have a effect if they are pressed while you're using a tool, so test it, it's better to test than to be glued to a tutorial, as you don't want to get dependent.

When you already played around with them, you can start tutorials, but again; do not depend on them, I don't advise you to do the exact same thing, step by step as they do, I advise you to understand what they are going, and when you feel the urge to do something diferent... do it. use their ideas but do something yours.