NEurope
canand

Falafelkid says Wii launch info before Sept 14th

Falafelkid has posted on his blog again, this time discussing the Nintendo event on September 14th. He tends to think that we will be hearing the launch info before this date. A couple excerpts from his blog…

At Leipzig, I have been told that the Wii launch announcement will definitely be forthcoming before the Tokyo Game Show. Not only that, I have been told that the announcement will be very soon. Also, common sense dictates that Nintendo of America will not break the long-awaited news on the console. Nintendo Co. Ltd. of Kyoto will.

I expect that NCL is already scheduling a similar event to take place in Kyoto or Tokyo, hosted by Miyamoto and Iwata. This will either take place just before the NY event or well in advance. It cannot take place at the same time, because when the NY event starts, it will already be 10:30pm in Tokyo. NCL may also want the original launch announcement to take a different form entirely. But my guess is, again, that it could be a cooperation with a television station, perhaps similar to the Xbox360’s unveiling on MTV.

So he says the info will be soon, and most likely won’t be at the September 14th event. I really don’t know what to believe here. If the event on the 14th isn’t for a price point/launch event, then what will it be? What do you guys think…launch info via NoA on Sept 14th event, or launch info via Nintendo Co. Ltd not on the 14th? Thanks to Gamehunter for the heads up.

Well its hard to take you seriously after the reggies speech topic....but if that happens and sep 14th isnt when the date and price is announced...it might just be a chance to show off the wii's updated games, enhanced graphics and maybe a few minor secrets.

Im skeptical about any rumours now though, so im just gonna pretend that they'll announce the date and price at christmas so i wont be dissapointed :p

Canand I don't think anything you'll ever say from now on will be taken seriously.

Canand I don't think anything you'll ever say from now on will be taken seriously.

Why not I was onley posting them for you lot

Your will to believe that awfully fake speech was just simply terrifying though Canand.

That's crap. Its not that it is totally unbelievable, it's just my mother told to never trust someone called Falafelkid.

We'll find out on the 14th. Be patient.

Yeah but I thought you want news

At least reword it or quote the source.

Falafelkid really doesnt have much proof...

Your will to believe that awfully fake speech was just simply terrifying though Canand.

You have to admit canand, your belief in the Photoshopeed Speech was quite incredulous.....

But as regards this "news", I reckon September 14th is the day. Wait and see. They wouldnt call a big Press conference, and games day unless something was planned. Would they....?

Falafelkid is quite reputable isn't he? Either way I'm more inclined to believe him than anyone else other than Nintendo themselves.

I actually think this may happen, i mean, they did announce the wii a good 2 weeks before E3 no? so they might do the same just like that and the DS Launch date and price. just to keep the focus on other things on sept 14th

$&"#$/!#$/! I WANT AN OFFICIAL EUROPEAN RELEASE DATE AND PRICE! I HAVE MONEY TO SPEND ON OTHER THINGS TOO! ARGH.

That's crap. Its not that it is totally unbelievable, it's just my mother told to never trust someone called Falafelkid.

We'll find out on the 14th. Be patient.

His name is Andreas Garbe, and he is one of the most respected journalist in this industry. He works for the german network RTL, and he was the person who made the interview were Twilight Princess was confirmed to use the Wii controller, among other things. If I were you, next time, I would be more careful before calling someone "fake".

If I were you, next time, I would be more careful before calling someone "fake".

He didn't call him fake, he was just making a joke and suggesting we wait and see rather than go nuts over rumours and get our hopes up.

He didn't call him fake, he was just making a joke and suggesting we wait and see rather than go nuts over rumours and get our hopes up.

Yes, I see your point, but LazyBoy implied it, by saying that "his mother" told him not to trust someone with the name "Falafelkid", hence my response.

The sooner we know thse details, the better

Yeah I hope it is out October 2nd

I honestly don't care anymore! Nintendo has taken too long. Full stop.

I won't be happy till the Wii is in my possession. I'm getting harsh now.

Nintendo has several times during the last months confirmed a worldwide Q4 launch. It won't launch anywhere (including Japan) before October 1.