NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
david.dakota

NTL and Telewest Confirm Intention To Merge

Several sites on TV News are reporting NTL's confirmation this morning to purchase Telwest, forming the UK's second largest telecoms provider - and thankfully a true competitor to BSkyB's monopoly in the Pay TV market.

The news of a merger is hardly a surprise, since for some years it has been the logical step for the two cable companies.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4304008.stm

http://www.ntl.com/mediacentre/press/presskit/files/802/Press%20Release.pdf

Maybe now NTL will get rid of there stupid broadband caps... as Telewest dont have caps on there broadband service

Oh god no if this brings the quality of Telewest down, I will not be a happy bunny at all.

NTL = Rubbish

Telewest = The Real Ultimate Awesome

Oh god no if this brings the quality of Telewest down, I will not be a happy bunny at all.

NTL = Rubbish

This is exactly the same thing I thought when I opened this thread. Please don't let this merger ruin Telewest.

Maybe now NTL will get rid of there stupid broadband caps... as Telewest dont have caps on there broadband service

Or maybe Telewest will put caps on...

Doesn't really effect me, either way, as I can't get cable.

NTL = Rubbish

Yeah I rekon every Telewest customer in the know is afraid that this merger will affect the outstanding service in which we've all become used to over the years.

Don't screw us over now Telewest after all your loyalty!

(waits patiently for his 4Mbit upgrade)

Ive found NTL's service great, ive never tried Telewest, but i do hope this doesnt push back the 10Mbit upgrade

Ack; we better keep our UK based Customer Service; I don't want to be talking to some guy in India who knows Sweet FA.

If this affects Telewest's Quality, I may have to swap ISP's. I love Telewest, but NTL's shittiness could destroy it.

Apparently they will operate seperately still. I've had a superb and stable service so far and NTL better not fuck it up..

Sign in to follow this