Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Stargate TV Shows

somme

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lastest ep was good... though a bit weird.

When the people from the "Eden" Planet return I thought it was good they brought up that planet again. As I think the Aliens that "built" it may become important to the overall arc at some point. Would have liked to have had a bit more explanation though.

It was a good ep but not a great ep. Felt a bit more like filler I guess and a way to remind people of these "better than Ancients" aliens that are lurking out there.

Also guess that vision TJ had about her baby was just a dream... or as Young suggested, maybe a simulation by Destiny like what he experienced. Felt sorry for her in this ep.

Next ep is a two parter though, so those should be good hopefully.

The lastest ep was good... though a bit weird.

When the people from the "Eden" Planet return I thought it was good they brought up that planet again. As I think the Aliens that "built" it may become important to the overall arc at some point. Would have liked to have had a bit more explanation though.

It was a good ep but not a great ep. Felt a bit more like filler I guess and a way to remind people of these "better than Ancients" aliens that are lurking out there.

Also guess that vision TJ had about her baby was just a dream... or as Young suggested, maybe a simulation by Destiny like what he experienced. Felt sorry for her in this ep.

Next ep is a two parter though, so those should be good hopefully.

I am thinking the aliens are either ascended Ancients themselves, or the Ori...that'd be fun :p

• 3 weeks later...

As annoying as this is, I really hope it leads to the SG1 and Atlantis movies being made, then possibly a new series. Theyve tried their more drama styled and while I think overall it was a good show, I think they got the pacing all wrong so if there was a new series they need to sort that out. Plus rehire the entire SG1 cast and carry on with that show :p

All the characters, bar Rush, were so badly developed and generally boring. If you look at the basics, only Rush, only one bleeding character, had motivation to be there.

Also, things just needed to happen faster. If you look at BSG for example, between a season start and end radical things happened. That show was packed. All that happened in SGU was they move a little further in an infinite unquantifiable universe.

It's a shame but not shocking. The show really needed some balls.

Is it possible (like "rights" wise) that another company could green light further seasons of SGU (and Caprica) or would SyFy hold all the rights to shows and no other studio would be able to take them over?

I'm just reading David Blue (Eli) twitter, he only found out himself about 40mins ago (at time of me posting this), they didn't give the actors any heads up. He only found out from his rep who found out online.

Sounds like SyFy just couldn't give a crap

Is it possible (like "rights" wise) that another company could green light further seasons of SGU (and Caprica) or would SyFy hold all the rights to shows and no other studio would be able to take them over?

I know thats originally what happened with SG1 but I dont know if another network would be able to pick them up in this case.

As for characters on the show, I enjoyed some but not others.

Ones I liked were Rush, Young, Eli and most of the guest stars like Brody etc.

Ones I didnt like would be Greer (probably my most hated character in all Stargate), Scott (there was just nothing to the character), Chloe (getting more interesting by the end I guess)

Also I think they handled their newer guest stars terribly. We barely saw Ginn before she died so we had no real connection. Robert Knepper was complately wasted considering how much they went on about his casting and whatshisface whos into TJ has barely been seen.

• 3 weeks later...

As you can probably tell from my sig/avatar change, im in a very Stargate mood at the moment so I think the forum needs more Stargate discussion!

Do any of you guys read Joe Mallozzi's blog? From the few bits hes mentioned there about SGUs cancellation it looks like they are looking into moving it to a different network or at least finishing off the story in a dvd movie. Unfortunately though this means that any plans for the SG1 and SGA movies that were just gaining momentum again after the MGM restructuring have been put on hold for SGU. As Mallozzi had stated previously, all those people who wanted SGU cancelled so they could get back to SGA were actually hurting their own efforts.

Yeah, everytime that question has been asked we keep getting told we'll learn about it in the new movie! Who knows, maybe it could tie in with Carters moon base comment from Continuum and they put it up there!

Serebii yeah id heard the SGA movie was shelved but I dont remember actually hearing anything mentioned on the SG1 movie and as its been said that SGU takes lead at the moment I just assumed they were the same.

Yeah I agree, SG1 movie would be preferable.

I think SGU suffered from a few things. The change in style, the backlash from SGA's cancellation, the move from the summer, the move to Tuesdays and the terrible way ratings are counted in the US.

An interesting comment I read from Mallozzi aswell, he was asked if there would be another series after SGU and he said something like, with the ending they have planned for SGU it would be pretty hard to top and a new series would be much harder to do.

I reckon they should do a Star Trek with things, the shows already have a few parallels, the original Stargate movie is like TOS, SG1 is like TNG in that it's new actors doing the same thing, Atlantis is like DS9 as they have the fixed point, and Atlantis is a space station, sort of, then SGU is like Voyager, stuck on the wrong side of the universe looking for a way home. SGU is doing an Enterprise too, as in being cancelled just as it starts to get good, so they should just follow through the parallel and send SG1 back somehow to before the original movie. The old solar flare trick would work fine, and they could arrive just before they got the gate working in the first film, maybe SG1 are coming back from a firefight on another world, only one member of the team survives to get back, and with their knowledge they reboot things. Just an idea.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!