NEurope
Demuwan

MP3 better than Metroid Prime?

I think MP3 will be the killer-launch title for the Revolution. Along with Mario 128, what can go wrong?

Actually, I'm also positively slavering at the though of an online Chrystal Chronicles. The GC one was good, but awfully fiddely to set up (not to mention expensive). With an online version, you've got a game thats easier to get into with plenty of people around (the world) to play with. And I think Super Smash Bros. goes without saying.

PS. Before anyone starts, all the games mentioned in the last 2 posts are all confirmed Revo titles currently in development, as a well as some kind of Donkey Kong game. Which should be cool.

no.. im not in the least hyped... seen it.. been there.. done that.. im ofcourse interested if they will use the new controller in some new exciting way..

It's pretty clear that Metroid 3 is being primed as one of THE killer launch titles. It can't really fail. They have the engine running, they just need to improve graphical detail, change the settings and make the bigger, more interactive and just better, implement lots of uses of the new controller. Add new gameplay elements like the spaceship and interplanetary exploration and hell, you've got one of the best 1st person shooter / adventures ever.

Plus, despite what people say about Rev graphics it's going to look AMAZING. 3 x more poweful than Metroid 2? That's unbelievable.

I wonder if the Revo will get some kind of cool version of Counter Strike or something, with it's controller being the first able to rival the precison control of a PC mouse. This is of course just wishful thinking, but imagine say, a disk with Counter-Strike Source and Day of Defeat Source on it. Hell, valve could quickly knock it off, flog it for £20, it would sell loads! It would also rock.

I wonder if the Revo will get some kind of cool version of Counter Strike or something, with it's controller being the first able to rival the precison control of a PC mouse. This is of course just wishful thinking, but imagine say, a disk with Counter-Strike Source and Day of Defeat Source on it. Hell, valve could quickly knock it off, flog it for £20, it would sell loads! It would also rock.

You never know. Recently I heard that GearBox, The guys who make the Brothers in arms games, were interested in the revolutions control style. You never know what valve could do if this were true. I mean the brothers in arms games never came to cube if i remember correctly. If they come to revolution then valve could follow.

No information = No hype

'No information' worked pretty well at hyping the Revolution controller. :)

well, as people continue bitching about a perfectly perfect game, they bitch that it had no multiplayer, what did they get...bollocks for a multiplayer. lets see what prime 3 is gonna have. im pretty sure everything from the art to the sound of it (prime one music < almost everything else on the cube) is gonna be magnifisent. control wise? yes i do foresee a more fps approach to it due to the controller, i also see a more prime hunters approach to it with an optional control choice. as long as the game is a nice lengthy single player then i will be happy. prime and halo should never be compared, altho when prime hunters comes out we will see how that holds out as a online multiplayer. if its good, then prime 3 multiplayer should equally be as fun.

Kind of a pointless thread Im afraid, we havent seen anything of MP3. Still, the Revo controller can be pretty awesome for Metroid, since its a game that makes you feel like youre really there. I really cant see why people compare it with Halo, they're totally different. Metroid is for single player, Halo is for multiplayer, nothing more to it. Of course that with Hunters things mught be different.