NEurope
The3rdChildren

YouTube Your Favourite Show Openings!

The premise of this is simple, get yourselves on over to YouTube, find your favourite show opening sequences and get them in here for all to admire and comment upon. Feel free to post what you like about them as well.

All opening themes are welcome.

----

To get the ball rolling, here are two openings I think we can all agree rock.

The X-Files.

Creepy, effective and really quite unique. This is one of those opening sequences a person can never forget, and the updated versions were just as effective. They started season 8 by including a clip of Mulder falling into a dark void at the end, and season 9 saw an all new intro which finally brought Skinner into the opening credits where he deserved to be all along. Unfortunately I couldn't find either of these newer intros on the site.

What an intro! One of my favourites of all time. This opening wins on all accounts with some very catchy, memorable music and some truly beautiful montage shots chosen. I especially like the "actiony" bit with the horses and of course the way it starts with Sam's silhouette bathed in the blue light intercutting with the cloud footage.

Four words.

How's this for bizarre? Most of the Power Rangers episodes are made by cutting apart the original Japanese show called Sentai Ranger or something. This is the original intro to Sentai Rangers in Japan, with all the same Power Rangers and Zords.

Kyoryu Sentai ZYURANGER.

How's this for bizarre? Most of the Power Rangers episodes are made by cutting apart the original Japanese show called Sentai Ranger or something. This is the original intro to Sentai Rangers in Japan, with all the same Power Rangers and Zords.

Thank you! Im going to be quoting this to my uncle, he doesnt believe me even though i've pointed out that when in zords, the buildings have japanese text on them!

Man, the animation in that intro amazes me even today. All cartoons of that generation had super animated intros with a noticeable drop in quality for the actual shows. Remember how often the Turtles would have the wrong colour bands or voices? Another thing that always bugged me was the episode title screens which had the wrong colours on the headbands or something - I forget now, but it was always so annoying.

I am officially the biggest fan of THIS SHOW on these boards

WHY DID YOU TAKE IT FROM ME? WHY DID YOU TAKE IT AWAY?

Wish i could say im the biggest fan of the following:

Gundam Wing

But chances are atleast some one is a huge fan here. Its such a shame the UK doesnt get seed or zero (I think seed is on DVD, i shall check in town). I could only find the japanese intro, but the english one was basicly the same but without the lyrics.

I selected YouTube because it's very easy to use and has a greater library of videos, and pretty much all of RetroJunk's stuff is already on YouTube.

Wish i could say im the biggest fan of the following:

Gundam Wing

But chances are atleast some one is a huge fan here. Its such a shame the UK doesnt get seed or zero (I think seed is on DVD, i shall check in town). I could only find the japanese intro, but the english one was basicly the same but without the lyrics.

Rhythm Emotion is a good second Gundam Wing intro, if not one that ends abruptly. Shame it was only used for the last ten or so episodes. I'm fairly sure I saw Gundam SEED in Virgin Megastores a while back.

I'd also like to state that Relena looks less manly in this intro than anywhere else in the series, which is a feat I never expected Sunrise could accomplish.

Rhythm Emotion is a good second Gundam Wing intro, if not one that ends abruptly. Shame it was only used for the last ten or so episodes. I'm fairly sure I saw Gundam SEED in Virgin Megastores a while back.

Yeah, i preffered rhythm emotion, but it was only used in Endless waltz in the UK and time to time within the actual show.

Yeh, i remember seeing Gundam SEED in HMV down oxford when i went, luckily i've got a HMV within my town, Virgin megastores evacuated this place..

They started airing

here when I first got Super Mario Land, so the timing was perfect. Too bad the live action bits were horrible.

House M.D. is a series I started watching recently. It has a beautiful intro, it's that Massive Attack song. Brilliant show.

And it never EVER ends.

Fresh Prince of Bell Air!

But can you find the FULL version of the opening credits?

Can't remember it exactly as I've only ever seen it once but I know his journey's longer and i'm sure he gets on a plane or something too.

Well considering most of you stole half of my childhood shows i'm resorting to these few obscure ones that I know no-one would think of.

Where-Wha-Wha-Where is Wally? Where is Wally where, where.... der ee isss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzpgyMbf4Pw

BUCKY! Captain Bucky O' Hare

For Dabookerman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv4COpMFIPs

And lastly, best CG cartoon ever... REBOOT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axYwg0lYhos

But can you find the FULL version of the opening credits?

Can't remember it exactly as I've only ever seen it once but I know his journey's longer and i'm sure he gets on a plane or something too.

Heres for the ones that want to ruin their love for Powerpuff Girls... yes that includes me. I love that show, god i do.

English intro, we all know and love

Heavily butchered Japanese anime version.

Demashitaa! PowerPuff Girls Z (Here they are Powerpuff girls Z).

I loved this show for a couple reasons. 1) I was a straight-up doppleganger for Willy DuWitt when I used to watch the cartoon 2) I had the video 3) I have a thing for four-armed (former) space pirate ducks.

Well, i'd say:

Futurama

Fresh Prince

Saved By The Bell

But Jordan's already psoted them.

The original pokemon series intro, (UK) was one of my favourites.

BUT, alternate futurama intros:

Spanish Fry

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BbUs2Tfzopc

Bender Should Not Be Allowed on TV

http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedia/EpisodeSounds/4ACV17/01.mp3

(just until jordan rips the video for me)

They started airing

No matter how often I watch that, I always laugh out loud at that horrible acting in the intro.

Personally, the WWE RAW intro always gets me pumped up. 30 seconds of rock music, violence and sex rolled into one awesome intro.