NEurope
tie.nano

Wii WindowBlinds Skins

There are some rather talented people on these forums. You come out with some cracking stuff. Photoshop can do amazing things, I must learn to use it!

I am having serious trouble with windows blinds. Everytime I apply the skin...it puts on the old windows style (grey).

does anoyne know where i can get a .rar extractor from?

i cant seem to find any ever since i rebooted my pc, ive lost everything :(

Is there anyway to use this other than windows blinds? cos ive tried using that patch thing. and when i put it into the folder, im sure i remember which one, it doesnt show it. So im downloading windows blinds now, but is ther any other methodd of using it?

I'd say the only problem right now with it is that the scroll bars are in black aswell, which makes it har to see. and also, not getting at it, the box i'ttyping in, has trned black aswell. meaning i cant see what i am typing uless i select all. Is there a way to change that?

Other than those this is the most beautiful theme i have ever had!

Shouldn't you be able to get one free from the microsoft website?...

Nice to see you have finished a theme tie.nano, it's looks really amazing...now the question is white or black?

Is there anyway to use this other than windows blinds? cos ive tried using that patch thing. and when i put it into the folder, im sure i remember which one, it doesnt show it. So im downloading windows blinds now, but is ther any other methodd of using it?

I'd say the only problem right now with it is that the scroll bars are in black aswell, which makes it har to see. and also, not getting at it, the box i'ttyping in, has trned black aswell. meaning i cant see what i am typing uless i select all. Is there a way to change that?

use winrar. search it 'WinRAR' on google and u should find it

OMG THIS IS SOOOOOO COOL! Great work tie.nano!

How are the icons going?

I haven't done much of them lately. I should have an update on them over the next week. And thanks!

I am having serious trouble with windows blinds. Everytime I apply the skin...it puts on the old windows style (grey).

That's WindowBlinds for ya'. You'll need to close everything down (save anything before hand that you're working on), logout of Windows, and log back in again. Everything should be alright.

It's happened to me on occasions. I don't know why exactly.

Do what Dragon said. You should find WinRAR's website within your first search.

No. The skin requires WindowBlinds for now. I'll be working on porting the skin to an msstyle, later on.

I'd say the only problem right now with it is that the scroll bars are in black aswell, which makes it har to see.

It depends on two things: Your monitor's contrast and brightness levels.

When the scrollbars aren't being used, they should be light enough, to actually see them. When you hover your mouse over them, they should glow (cyan). When they're clicked on, they should go dark- which shouldn't really matter though. When you click on them you should already be aware of their position.

and also, not getting at it, the box i'ttyping in, has trned black aswell. meaning i cant see what i am typing uless i select all. Is there a way to change that?

Yeah. That's one bug I need to sort out. I've noticed it myself at times, when using firefox. It's fine in some cases, but in others, it appears. I don't understand it, Lol.

Glad you like it. :)

And thanks to the rest, for the comments.

That's WindowBlinds for ya'. You'll need to close everything down (save anything before hand that you're working on), logout of Windows, and log back in again. Everything should be alright.

EDIT:I have tried shutting it down...and it works! But the thing is...I am having a hard time looking at the font on the windows. Such as the toolbar, top window etc.

I wasnt on late last night so i didnt see your comments on winrar, but i saw that and it said you had to pay I'm sure. So i got another one which does them all i think, zipreader. It's good.

No. The skin requires WindowBlinds for now. I'll be working on porting the skin to an msstyle, later on.

Oh good. I dont like windows blinds. It has that pop up saying you got 32 days remaining, etc.

I love Windowblinds. Anyway, this is sweet. The Home button seems a bit off though (the background colors), and the taskbar applications aswell. Hope you understand what I'm talking about, or I can take a screenshot or something.

will this eventually be finished?

or is it just for show?

Thanks for the latest comments, guys!

And I've finally finished the Black Skin:

wiiblackfinalpreviewom4.th.jpg

Click:

Wii - Black -- Download @ DeviantArt

White will be available at a later date. :)

forgive my stupidity and laziness :(

again me being stupid-you need to buy WindowBLinds for $19.99 before you can use the skin yeah?

forgive my stupidity and laziness :(

again me being stupid-you need to buy WindowBLinds for $19.99 before you can use the skin yeah?

I think you can get a free trial, never tried it. System whore that it is.

Yes you have a free trial of about 40 days, im on 32 days now, maybe 31. So as soon as tie.nano gets the msstyle up i cant wait.

why whats the difference for having a trial?

i like just ahving it for this style. I remember having it, it just said youve gone over your trial period and i wasnt fussed by that.

Only difference as far as I know is that you can use it out over the trial period.. May not be worth paying for the full version for, but *cough*.

EDIT: At least when I had the trial version I couldn't change the skin after the trial was over.. Is it still like that?

Only difference as far as I know is that you can use it out over the trial period.. May not be worth paying for the full version for, but *cough*.

EDIT: At least when I had the trial version I couldn't change the skin after the trial was over.. Is it still like that?

I'm not sure, as i had a vista look when i had it last, and i kept that and went over the trial period.

When it goes over the trial ill check to see if it doesnt change or anything.

Update - 29th of August '06

2 New Substyles Coming Soon - Wiiâ„¢ White and the new, Wiiâ„¢ Retro!

Improvements & Tweaks:

- New Fonts

- Buttons.

- TaskBar: Right & Left Alignments, including the grabber.

- Background colour of Windows.

- Explorer background colours (Menu / Tool-bars e.t.c)

- Task-panel colours.

- Text highlight colour.

- Sys-Tray Notify Arrow.

- Tabs.

- Scrollbars.

- Caption buttons.

- Sorted the white-outline around the left and bottom sides of Windows Explorer - It's gone.

Additions made to bundled RAR:

Wiiâ„¢ - Black Skin for WindowBlinds [Updated - 29/08/06]

Nintendo Revolution Wallpaper - Standard (1280x1024) and Widescreen (1680x1050) - This is featured in the background of my preview.

3 New Fonts (Please install them).

Preview Image.

Readme.

previewofwiiskinht4.th.jpg

Ok, first of all, sweet wallpaper there. Second, I've realised what my problem with the taskbar is. You see, my taskbar is stretched (so it's two lines), so I have my open applications on top and my quick launch icons filling nearly the entire row under (this is where I have my shortcuts, to avoid cluttering up my desktop). Anyway, the background of the taskbar is set to each color filling a certain %. Meaning that on the open applications the colors look very off. I'll show an image to explain:

taskbar1ss6.png

And I did a quick job in paint here:

taskbar2ed3.png

Could you make it so it looks something like that when you have two lines on your taskbar, or is there no such option..? Would be greatly appreciated if you tried. :)